In-Crowd Themed Mixtape Game

Master_Yoda77

Juggalo
Mar 30, 2008
Chicago, Illinois
Yep, it's that time.

For this version of the Mixtape Game, there is to be no extreme metal allowed. So that means there is no death/black/funeral doom/whatever. Only NWOBHM, traditional heavy metal, traditional doom metal, speed metal, hard rock/proto-heavy metal allowed. All other genres can fuck off and die.

I'm picking the first category, because I fucking can. This should be a nice and easy one considering the genres allowed here. The first category is steel.

So, go ahead and post your favorite Manowar tracks now!

Oh, and Hamburgerboy is not allowed to play.

Reactions: CiG
I mean seriously, there's plenty of in-crowd extreme metal. The Chasm, Inquisition, Ares Kingdom, Varathron, Master's Hammer, Sadistik Exekution, Order From Chaos, Mortuary Drape, Timeghoul, Root, Sabbat, Stargazer, etcetcetcetcetcetc.

I mean seriously, there's plenty of in-crowd extreme metal. The Chasm, Inquisition, Ares Kingdom, Varathron, Master's Hammer, Sadistik Exekution, Order From Chaos, Mortuary Drape, Timeghoul, Root, Sabbat, Stargazer, etcetcetcetcetcetc.
I've literally never heard anyone here or on other metal boards mention Timeghoul.

People on M-A, RYM, and /mu/'s metal threads worship them, but yeah I'll admit they don't have the same following here.

I mean Timeghoul has cited Dead Can Dance and Shostakovich as major sources of inspiration, it doesn't get much more in-crowd than that.

I will rate as follows:

(N × 10) - O

Where N is the number of songs and O is Ozz's total scores. Thus my scores plus his will always be 10/10 for every song. :V

Last edited:
I will rate as follows:

(N × 10) - O

Where N is the number of songs and O is Ozz's total scores. Thus my scores plus his will always be 10/10 for every song. :V

Not true. If there were 10 songs, then N x 10 = 100. If I rated all songs 9.5, that would mean you would have to rank everything 0.5 to equal a 10/10

(n x 10) - o = (10 x 10) - 9.5(10) = 100 - 95 = 5/10 = 0.5

We all know this won't happen and that my scores plus yours can't always equal 10/10 for each song unless you deliberately make it so.

If I'm allowed to give negatives, we could make it interesting

So I suggest an idea for a new mixtape game, and the result is one new mixtape game with absolutely the opposite set of rules, and one new mixtape game with a completely different set of rules?

Well at least I got a new mixtape game.

I know this is probably a joke, but we have enough of these bloody games at this point. There are 4 of them on the go already.

Also, the standard one generally produces enough diversity of genres anyway.

Let's just change the fucking name of the site to Ultimate Mixtape and have 100 different games going at once because yeah that's a fucking great idea.

Four was already too many.

Reactions: Phylactery