2019 Themed Mixtape Game

What should the winner of this game get?

• Pick the theme of the next metal mixtape game for the host

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Host the next metal mixtape game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Veto the next metal mixtape game theme and force host to choose another theme

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pre-emptively ban a genre from being represented in the next metal mixtape game

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
Algebra - Pulse 7/10
Awesome thrash, doesn't blow me away but it has great energy.

Creeping Death - Corroded from Within 7.5/10
Like the way this one unfolds with cascading distortion and riffs. Killer drum sound!

Possessed - Demon 8.5/10
The masters have returned to crush everything. One of the best "reunion" albums I've heard in recent memory.

Midnight Dice - Roll On 7/10
Is that the singer from Satan's Hallow? Sounds like her. This has awesome energy, I can see why they're catching on with so many people (saw one of the guys from Malokarpatan wearing a shirt in their latest promo photo). Kicks ass.

Infernal Conjuration - In the Presence of Another World 7.5/10
I'm not as enthusiastic over this album as others seem to be, but it does crush and this is actually my favourite track from the album.

Sedimentum - Momifié dans la Vase 8/10
Fucking brutal demo, dense thick production, chainsaw riffs too. Just a filthy crushing demo.

Reactions: Baroque
A little late... lol
Algebra - Pulse: Some interesting changes with the music, but the vocals bother me. A bit of a hardcore feel, which I don't really life. The end has a bit of an Atheist thing going on. Not sure what to make of this. 6/10

Creeping Death - Corroded from Within: I like the evil gritty sound of this. To me, this track didn't go anywhere so I'll give it a 6.5/10

Possessed - Demon: This is awesome. The vocals sounds a little funny (clearly, Im very picky with vocals) but the music is awesome. Great energy, super shreddy. 7/10

Midnight Dice - Roll On: Yes, same vocalist as Satan's Hallow. Super catchy, shreddy and some cool bass sounds too. 8/10

Infernal Conjuration - In the Presence of Another World: The drums really carry this. 7/10

Sedimentum - Momifie dans la Vase: Now this is what I like. Love the production and the sound on this. FILTHY shit. 9/10

Also, I didn't realize the poll until now. Does this game have different rules than the previous ones?

Reactions: Baroque
Algebra - Pulse
8/10 Kicks ass. It’s obvious I submitted this though

Creeping Death - Corroded from Within
Damn I think that’s the slowest I’ve ever head banged. Holy shit. Unexpectedly good 8/10

Possessed - Demon
This band rarely “clicks” with me the way other thrash bands do. Something seems off, the vocal notes and phrasing probably, and the riffs aren’t grabbing me 7/10

Midnight Dice - Roll On
This is interesting, straight out of the 80s. Pat Benatar joins a metal band? At the same time it gets boring quickly with not enough changes and overly long. Need a songwriter to make them great 7.5/10

Infernal Conjuration - In the Presence of Another World
The vocals are just straight up not good. Not much to redeem it or make it worth suffering through 5/10

Sedimentum - Momifié dans la Vase
This “wall of sound” type stuff probably sounds better on a good speaker system as opposed to this phone right now. But eh, rating based on what I heard 6/10

Reactions: CiG
Algebra - Pulse - 10/10
killer techy thrash that goes all over the place! Sill need to add this one to my collection. Feed the Ego was also pretty damn solid.

Creeping Death - Corroded From Within 1/10
Wow, this sucks

Possessed - Demon 8/10
great comeback album from one of the pioneers of death/thrash. Would have rated this higher if they went full speed and didnt take their foot of the pedal at parts

Midnight Dice - Roll On 6/10
wainds/slayed-tier stuff right here. a little to simplistic and repetitive(not a good combo for me) for the most part

Infernal Conjuration - In The Presence of Another World - 3/10
there was one riff on here that i liked for about 3-4 second, the rest was pretty much hot garbaje

Sedimentum - Momifié dans la Vase 7/10
crawling through da swamps!

Last edited:
dbfg.gif

Algebra - Pulse 31 @Baroque
Possessed - Demon 30.5 @CiG
Midnight Dice - Roll On 30.5 @Funerary_Doom
Sedimentum - Momifié dans la Vase 30 @Terasophe
Creeping Death - Corroded from Within 23 @Krow
Infernal Conjuration - In the Presence of Another World 22.5 @Phylactery

@Baroque wins!

Well, at least someone who bothered to rate actually won. Send submissions to me for The Final Round and nothing from a band that already featured in Round 1 & 2 will be counted. AND REMEMBER even if you don't win, as long as you win at least 1 round all the other points you got will count towards the final results.

Place is dead, duder. Only 7 people even voted last time. Even if you do start another round people will take until 2020 to rate 7 songs.

:lol:

Bump. @Phylactery thought you were psyched over this game (originated as your idea iirc) but now you never post anymore. What's up?

yeah I was hyped for it, but then we never got many submissions. I’m still around, just not positing much. Been really ill this past two months and dragging myself into work so I’ve had no motivation/energy to do anything outside of work. The stresses of exam classes as well - I’ve got a few really bright boys who are not on track to achieve their targets because they are lazy as fuck and I’ve tried everything to motivate them to no avail. And since one of my targets to progress up the payscale is a focus on boys and disadvantaged students achieving well it is fucking stressing me out.

I can submit a song for this round if it’s still open though.

yeah I was hyped for it, but then we never got many submissions. I’m still around, just not positing much. Been really ill this past two months and dragging myself into work so I’ve had no motivation/energy to do anything outside of work. The stresses of exam classes as well - I’ve got a few really bright boys who are not on track to achieve their targets because they are lazy as fuck and I’ve tried everything to motivate them to no avail. And since one of my targets to progress up the payscale is a focus on boys and disadvantaged students achieving well it is fucking stressing me out.

I can submit a song for this round if it’s still open though.

You're prolly ill from your cigarette usage. No matter what your symptoms are I'm blaming that! People who vape, take note: in the long run might be proven to be worse than cigarettes. Even the "non-nicotine" marijuana versions. I'm at a medical conference at the moment and there have been a couple of lectures so far on vaping and the case studies have been alarming to put it mildly. Smoking a heated battery turns out to be a bad idea folks! Sorry, I don't get on the soap box often but when I do it's about smoking end rant.

You're prolly ill from your cigarette usage. No matter what your symptoms are I'm blaming that! People who vape, take note: in the long run might be proven to be worse than cigarettes. Even the "non-nicotine" marijuana versions. I'm at a medical conference at the moment and there have been a couple of lectures so far on vaping and the case studies have been alarming to put it mildly. Smoking a heated battery turns out to be a bad idea folks! Sorry, I don't get on the soap box often but when I do it's about smoking end rant.
dude i used to tell all these fools who would vape the same thing years ago, that we have no clue what the fuck that shit does to you and is probably more harmful than ciggs and weed. Said the same thing about the batteries and even heating up and inhaling microscopic particles of metal that leach from the coil(which is worse with the weed ones since they need a higher level of heat). And from what ive been hearing recently it looks like i might've been right all along with people having all kinds of issues that stem form vaping like "wet lung", "iron lung" and other irreversible lung damage. All those companies just wanted to make a quick buck .... they never gave or give a fuck about anyone's health and it amazes me that people didnt see this.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
dude i used to tell all these fools who would vape the same thing years ago, that we have no clue what the fuck that shit does to you and is probably more harmful than ciggs and weed. Said the same thing about the batteries and even heating up and inhaling microscopic particles of metal that leach from the coil(which is worse with the weed ones since they need a higher level of heat). And from what ive been hearing recently it looks like i might've been right all along with people having all kinds of issues that stem form vaping like "wet lung", "iron lung" and other irreversible lung damage. All those companies just wanted to make a quick buck .... they never gave or give a fuck about anyone's health and it amazes me that people didnt see this.

You were right on the money way back bro! Even then I had no clue how bad it would be but you summed up the negatives nicely. The only thing that seems "safe" in the world of smoking is hitting a joint. They never bring up joints or bongs in these long term studies. Obviously I feel smoking anything ain't the best idea, but I can't hold y'all back from the Mary Jane. Yet.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity