Mixtape Game ExTreME EdiTiON!

That is true. On the other hand there's obviously a lot less thought in picking a suitable song for this version of the game.

I have 4 submissions so far. I want another 6 if possible.

Last edited:
I'm up to 9 submissions so far. I'll leave it open until tomorrow.

When I post the list can someone make the playlist on YouTube please?

Here's the playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCZgoc5nuQfjeEf5_hTIN_8hWcwKmmAn-

Exmortus - Left to Die in the Paradox of Time
Bad Boat - Paradox
Deinonychus - Building the Paradox
Omnium Gatherum - Paradox
Odious Mortem - Domain of the Eternal Paradox
Lychgate - Against the Paradoxical Guild
Benediction - Paradox Alley
Meshuggah - The Paradoxical Spire
Artch - Paradox

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG
Exmortus - Left to Die in the Paradox of Time - 7
pretty thrashtastic, some unnecessary wanking

Bad Boat - Paradox - 5
this is ok but not huge on bluesy/sludgy metal

Deinonychus - Building the Paradox - 7
brooding tone and atmosphere, could use better sounding synth

Omnium Gatherum - Paradox - 8
saw these guys live not so long ago. wow their old stuff rules too

Odious Mortem - Domain of the Eternal Paradox - 9
this is the shit

Lychgate - Against the Paradoxical Guild - 4
some kind of atmo/meloblack...nah

Benediction - Paradox Alley - 10
no bullshit death metal fuck yea

Meshuggah - The Paradoxical Spire - 4
boring riffs, obnoxius vocals, shitty tone

Artch - Paradox - 7
good old trad, more ballsy than most

this is an above average list, no doom! rate it you cockmanglers

Reactions: CiG and Phylactery
6/10
Its got them doodly bits whats that I like, you know, them doodly bits. It was alright. A little derivative if I daresday. I'm sure someone would wanna argue about that and demand examples but sucka my balls.

Bad Boat - Paradox
7.5/10
Lol and I called the last one derivative. Bomb ass vox though, they really drive shit. Most certainly a vocally driven piece.

8/10
Toight intro, not enough gothy shit on this forum. Actually a pretty awesome track.

5/10
Meh. Too much gothy shit, not good putting it after the beastly preceding track.

5/10
Boring. Not fall asleep boring, just uninspired heard it a thousand times before boring. Pretty sweet outro though.

8.5/10
Well that was depressing, inspiringly so. Well done.

4/10
Garbage people making garbage sounds.

7.5/10
Dig.

Artch - Paradox
7/10
Cool.

Exmortus - Left to Die in the Paradox of Time – 7/10

I don’t remember liking what I had heard of this album and the previous one, but this song has some really neat parts, especially the leads and the acoustic part in the middle. This actually sounds more original than the Slave to the Sword material, although the verse riffing is less interesting. It also has a nice climax though.

Bad Boat – Paradox – 3/10

Kinda like a second-rate Cathedral, retard-vox and all.

Deinonychus - Building the Paradox – 2/10

Lmao what is this shit, a lot of chugchugchug chug chugalug with ridiculous keys everywhere and a guy that can blurt out maybe two notes. The black “metal” sections in the second half were less silly but also less entertaining.

Omnium Gatherum – Paradox – 4/10

Listenable but really boring, as flowery as any Europower.

Odious Mortem - Domain of the Eternal Paradox – 5/10

I kind of zoned out, but the solo section at the end where the rest of the instruments drop out caught my attention, some neat melodies going on there.

Lychgate - Against the Paradoxical Guild – 7/10

The first minute and a half wasn’t bad if only because it used riffs that aren’t used by every other black metal band. After that it got more typical, although it was still a bit less repetitious and it had energy to it. They actually sound like a band and not a shitty bedroom project. Actually getting to the second half, the guitars are pretty atmospheric here and not in just a “Hey look how fuzzy and obscure we can sound” way, this actually sounds like it had some thought put into its construction. I’d like black metal if its artists held themselves to a decent standard.

Benediction - Paradox Alley – 6/10

Solid, nothing more. I take it back, that riff at 3:50 was awesome, too bad they didn’t make more out of it.

Meshuggah - The Paradoxical Spire – 2/10

Pretty aimless, Meshuggah’s worst album by a longshot. I’m someone that actually thinks everything up to obZen was pretty different from one album to the next, but this one totally treads the water (with the exception of one song which I forget the title of and certainly isn’t this one).

Artch – Paradox – 6/10

The Dickinson-soundalike is definitely the best thing about this song/band.

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
Exmortus - Left To Die In The Paradox Of Time 7.5/10
As this song started, brutally loud thunder boomed outside my home, this song goes perfectly with the weather here right now. The drums put me off somewhat, a common complaint with me and modern metal, but the rest was actually pretty fucking awesome. Gets real epic when it slows down around the halfway mark. Riffssss!

Bad Boat - Paradox 5.5/10

Quite dirty sounding, but I can't see myself listening to this beyond the playlist, some really cool riffs though. Atmospheric mellow middle passage was cool too.

Deinonychus - Building The Paradox 4/10

The keys were the only redeeming factor to me. Just couldn't get into it.

Omnium Gatherum - Paradox 6.5/10

I love the keyboard work on this track, not very riffy but it still somehow works well enough. The slow middle passage is the highlight for me, with the melodic riffing entering, leading to the track's end.

Odious Mortem - Domain Of The Eternal Paradox 5/10

Holy shit the difference in intensity compared with the preceding track is stark as fuck. 6 minutes of this is a little much for me, I liked the riffing though.

Lychgate - Against The Paradoxical Guild 5.5/10

I appreciate the atmosphere, but somehow I found it to be a bit boring. Still, it had some great moments.

Benediction - Paradox Alley 6.5/10

The first (and only) song on the playlist that I already know, luckily I haven't listened to this album in years. I have the 7 inch picture disc for "Wrong Side Of The Grave" and I remember that sounding a lot more intense and brutal, this by contrast sounds very moderate. 'Meat and potatoes' death metal.

Meshuggah - The Paradoxical Spire 2/10

I've never really heard this band properly, except maybe the debut years ago. This band's appeal will probably never make sense to me. The vocals were especially off-putting, the rest was extremely boring.

Artch - Paradox 5/10

That artwork is totally cool. The music I don't know what to make of it, cool vocalist but ridiculously pedestrian instrumentation. It's like mainstream 80's hard rock with a heavy metal production...

Last edited:
8.25/10

Bad Boat - Paradox
5.5/10

8.5/10

7/10

6.5/10

8/10

6/10

5/10

Artch - Paradox
7.5/10

Pretty thrashing stuff. Enjoyable vocals and melody. 7/10.

Bad Boat - Paradox
There's some screaming here, which is usually cool but I dunno. I liked the riffs. 6/10.

Digging the backing organ but those vocals are subpar for Deinonychus. Actually quite annoying, really. 4/10.

I shall certainly be exploring this band more. Melody and vox in kickass harmony up in here. 8/10.

Some technical shit, but not bad by any means. Pretty unrelenting, really. 6/10.

I like these guys. Solid atmosphere and relaxing. 8/10.

This is solid. I imagine Paradox Alley to be akin to Diagon Alley, but that may be folly. 7/10.

I haven't really heard these guys. My impression is blah. 4/10.

Artch - Paradox
Nice change of style for this round. 5/10.

Reactions: CiG
I guess I should tally this shit up since EspaDa never rates and TechnicalBarbarity apparently isn't coming back.

Exmortus - Left to Die in the Paradox of Time - 7.4 @Baroque
Lychgate - Against the Paradoxical Guild - 6.9 @dwellerINTHEdark
Benediction - Paradox Alley - 6.4 @arg - 6.5 (this came third because Arg himself gave it a 10)
Omnium Gatherum - Paradox - 6.2 @CASSETTEISGOD (I was surprised he submitted this)
Artch - Paradox - 6.1 @HamburgerBoy
Odius Mortem - Domain of the Eternal Paradox - 6.1 @TechnicalBarbarity
Bad Boat - Paradox - 5.6 @Carpe Mortem
Deinonychus - Building the Paradox - 5.4 @Serjeant Grumbles
Meshuggah - The Paradoxical Spire - 3.6 @EspaDa (this deserved to come last, terrible band)

Congrats Baroque.