2018 Themed Mixtape Game

CiG

So Long Suckers
May 22, 2015
W.A.
rateyourmusic.com
My body is ready for more of the Themed Mixtape Game!

How about everyone submits their favourite metal song of 2018?! I know it’s not really a “theme” so much. But could be interesting.

As per this suggestion, I decided to go ahead and fucking start it. So the point of this mixtape game is for everybody to submit a metal song from 2018 and then we'll all rate the whole mixtape, like usual, and the winner will take over the proper mixtape game or something like that.

I will also submit a song for this FYI, unlike the usual games where the host just hosts. Eat shit if you think I'm missing out on this one. :cool:

The playlist will stay permanently on my Youtube channel for this game, for anybody who wants 2018 metal recommendations, could be cool and handy.

Youtube Playlists:

Round 1 Playlist
Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats - Blood Runner
Miscreance - Alchemy
Yob - Ablaze
Sacral Rage - Necropia
Mooncitadel - Dance of a Dark Pagan Spell (The Dreaming Equinox)
Chemicaust - Vanished
Sigh - Homo Monini Lupus
Beyond Creation - Surface's Echoes
Teleport - Beholder of the Silent Sea
Communion - Secret Rites
Azusa - Interstellar Islands
Blood Curse - Isabelle
Madder Mortem - Stumble On
Manacle - Fight for Your Life

Round 2 Playlist
Midnattsol - Syns Sang
Exlimitir - Within the Obscurity of the Billow
Garroted - Crimson Thirst
Entropia - Astral
Skeletal Remains - Seismic Abyss
Deceased - To Serve the Insane
Satan - Ghosts of Monongaph
Vargrav - Shadowed Secrets Unmasked
Lutomysl – Омани життя (Fallacies of Life)
Hitter - Born to Rock
Golgothan Remains - Phantom Earth

Round 3 Playlist
Black Viper - Metal Blitzkrieg
Necrophobic - Mark of the Necrogram
Invocation Spells - Victims of Doom
Spectral Wound - Black Satanic Glamour
Gama Bomb - Give Me Leather
A Forest of Stars - Children of the Night Soil
Lovebites - Rising
Azath - Bonecaster
Amorphia - Necromancers
Sulphur Aeon - The Summoning of Nyarlathotep

Last edited:
Rounds? This is a mixtape game, everybody submits a song to me in PMs, I make a playlist, we all listen and rate each song and one song wins. Lay off the mushrooms Krow.

I know how the game works. Doing a few rounds of 2018 songs would be a nice change, is what I meant. Worded it wonky.

Oh okay, hmm. Interesting idea, but considering the forum is moving like molasses lately, this game might not end for months.

Open to it though.

Not sure why we’ve done it as a new thread instead of continuing the old one?

Anyway, I’m definitely going to submit a song for this and I’m excited about the playlist.

Someone should submit the 50 minute Sorcier des Glaces song from this year :lol:

Oh okay, hmm. Interesting idea, but considering the forum is moving like molasses lately, this game might not end for months.

Open to it though.

I know, it’s really bloody slow at the minute. We should recruit people to the forum somehow.

I have a slight suggestion. It's obvious that everyone is going to give their song a 10 taking into account the song they submitted is their favourite track of 2018. I suggest that we leave out the highest rating for every track (in order to get rid of biased ratings provided by persons who submitted given song) and do the counting for the remaining ones. For example, if a track gets 10, 10, 8 and 4, the first 10 is not going to be counted. Just like in case of judges points in ski jumping, which, I assume, no one in here has even watched once in your entire life. Let's see how my idea resonates.

Everybody can just rate the playlist as usual, and what I can do is not count the points people give to their own submission, in private when I do the tallying.

Reactions: EspaDa