Themed Mixtape Game Mk. 2

i also sent a backup pick haha

i was serious about tagging people btw, i’d do it myself but i don’t know who already submitted (although i can p much guess…). when people are personally called out they’re more inclined to participate i find.

View attachment 32563
ANTIFASCISM MINI-PLAYLIST
Hail of Bullets - Red Wolves of Stalin
Despair - History of Hate
Ethereal Shroud - Discarnate
Tankard - Always Them
Stratovarius - 4th Reich
Sorrow - Separative Adjectives
Sieges Even - David

B360TQa.jpeg

QNgVZ96.gif

SCOREBOARD:
FASCISTS 1
ANTIFASCISTS 0

Hail of Bullets - Red Wolves of Stalin 6/10 (hail to the people who can tolerate these vocals for a whole album)
Despair - History of Hate 8/10
Ethereal Shroud - Discarnate 6/10 (ooh, this mixtape is about the same length as Ride the Lightning)
Tankard - Always Them 9/10
Stratovarius - 4th Reich 8/10
Sorrow - Separative Adjectives 6/10
Sieges Even - David 9/10

Reactions: CiG
Hail of Bullets - Red Wolves of Stalin
Considering that I'm usually not too much into Death Metal, this is quite enjoyable, most likely also because in this case, I didn't mind the vocals too much and parts of the music remind me a bit of Death (Leprosy-era). They just should have finished the song with a proper ending about 1 minute earlier, but that's just a minor "flaw". 8/10

Despair - History of Hate
I really do like the song, but I don't see how the lyrics are related to the subject of this round. If anyone can convince me they are, I'll rate this song 3 points higher. 6/10

Ethereal Shroud - Discarnate
The music isn't actually too bad and since the vocals are mixed in the background, I don't really mind them. Still, the song is too long and also in this case, the lyrics are - at least for me - too unspecific/vague to be considered on topic. Therefore only 4.5/10

Tankard - Always Them
Decent Thrash Metal song. 7.5/10

Stratovarious - 4th Reich
Overall a good song. 8/10

Sorrow - Separative Adjectives
Music is OK, but I'm not too fond of the vocals, though I'd say they are (for the most part) still bearable for me. 6.5/10

Sieges Even - David
Technical/Progressive Thrash Metal the way I love it, also the clearly audible bass-playing. I know that some people dismissed them as Watchtower-clones because of this album, but I actually like "Life Cycle" slightly better than "Control and Resistance" and far better than "Energetic Disassembly". If anyone can recommend me albums in a simliar vein on the same level and with clean vocals, I'm open to suggestions. 10/10

I'm a bit disappointed that no-one submitted Anacrusis' "Twisted Cross", because apart from being an excellent Thrash Metal-song, it would have fit perfectly for this subject, but perhaps Anacrusis are less known around here than I thought they were.

One of my side channels had some movie clips on it and without noticing got hit with consecutive copyright strikes. One channel goes down, every single channel linked does too. Total and complete annihilation.

Reactions: RadicalThrasher
All my Youtube channels got deleted so the playlist isn't even available anymore.

One of my side channels had some movie clips on it and without noticing got hit with consecutive copyright strikes. One channel goes down, every single channel linked does too. Total and complete annihilation.

SCOREBOARD:
FASCISTS 2
ANTIFASCISTS 0