Trashed lost and Strungout/KnuckleDuster MP3! See Inside

i didnt really like these songs on first listen, but i've felt the same way about other COB songs that later became my favorites. i'm not really going to make a judgement yet, because even if these two songs end up not being the greatest, it doesnt mean the whole album will be bad. either way, COB still owns.

asphyXy said:
Knuckleduster... oh my god. Worst Children of Bodom song EVER. Right from the start, it was nothing but un-COB. The solo is NOT Alexi. The keyboards are NOT Janne.
Can anyone remember Alexi talking about Knuckleduster and saying "This will have many fans go WHAT THE FUCK?? THIS IS NOT COB!" ;)

Originally Posted by asphyXy
Knuckleduster... oh my god. Worst Children of Bodom song EVER. Right from the start, it was nothing but un-COB. The solo is NOT Alexi. The keyboards are NOT Janne

oh, i think that ARE Alexi and Janne, otherwise they wouldn't call themselves COB,would they?

fuck you fuckers cry that COB comes heavier,well mayby they don't want to play anymore that fucking "tilulilulu"shit 'know damn,you if these new songs would be that sam shit that COB has done (old stuff is still good) you would be cryin "ouh man,this is like their old shit,plz play heavier",but hey news for you,THEY PLAY SONGS YOU DON'T,THEY MAKE SONGS YOU DON'T get it?fucking cryiers

havent heard them! one's saying: "it's just like something out of follow the reaper" and the other's saying "it's just like something out of soundtrack to your escape"? wtf? one has a hearing problem

asphyXy said:
Well, if it is Alexi and Janne, why don't I like it? I like everything else they've ever done in any way, shape, and form. This is just too horrible to believe.

I hear what your saying mate. The sound is very much lacking that "bodom sound" in my opinion. The composition is severally lacking with these songs, and to my ears it sounds like the band are almost trying to prove they can be heavy, because of the shit they get for sounding to happy and melodic.

The melody is what made Bodom though. They are where they are today because of the compositions they wrote on their first 3 albums.
As far as im concerned Hatebreeder is my fave album of all time because the writing is incredable. Theres no other band i have ever heard that can sound like the old bodom and there probably never will be.

I don't particulary not like these songs, there definitly good metal songs. But it doesnt have that standout melody and composition that hooked me on their best work.
The sound reminds me very much of Zakk Wylde actually. Who I love too, but he has his sound, and Bodom have their sound.

I don't know, guys, I definitely understand where some of you are coming from,...when I first heard "you're better off dead", I was like "what?!?!?" But After I heard the song in its proper context, along with the full album, I appreciated the song a lot more, though it still isn't anywhere near my list of favorites.
What I'm saying is; just look at how these 2 songs are being released. It's on a EP that was recorded in the middle of their tiring fuckin tour, and it was recorded with a session guitarist (which I fuckin hope stays), so you can't expect the band to be able to put 100% of the same sound as before, I mean,...Alexander is gone, dudes, he was very much a part of the creative process!
Plus, this is more or less just a fun, experimental EP. I mean, it's got a andrew w.k. song on it, of course it's not a typical fuckin bodom record! So when you buy the EP (If you still do), and you listen to those songs in the right context, maybe you guys still wont like em for some reason, but at least you can hopefully understand why they went the direction that they did.

Now, maybe for their next full length album, theyll say, "okay, let's get a cool, atmospheric mood going on for this one, like something wild", or depending on whether or not they get a different rhythm guitarist, they may go somewhat in the direction that he's used to playing.

I mean, in plenty of interviews, Alexi says he considers COB to be "punk rock from hell", now I seriously think, after hearing the 2 new songs, that he's right! It DOES sound like punk rock from hell now!

Anyways, if anyone read all this shit, thanks, and I still fucking love these songs with a passion, man!

Simon "Warheart" Ivanoff said:
I don't know, guys, I definitely understand where some of you are coming from,...when I first heard "you're better off dead", I was like "what?!?!?" But After I heard the song in its proper context, along with the full album, I appreciated the song a lot more, though it still isn't anywhere near my list of favorites.......(etc.)

i definitely agree with a lot of what you're saying. i dont really think it's fair to say that they're worst songs ever upon first listen. i mean that's one reason i really respect CoB, because they do change their sound album to album. i totally fucking agree about hearing the songs in the proper context, not just listening to the ripped version one time and being like "omg!1! bodom sux!". im not saying people arent entitled to their opinion, but i say give the EP a chance instead of blowing it off because one song isnt a hatebreeder or follow the reaper-sounding song. i mean, im not really fond of Knuckleduster, but it doesnt mean that i think CoB is just sooo awful now.

and p.s., thanks to gavin, who did give us the chance to listen to this in advance.

Listen to the fucking songs more than just one time!! T,L,S rocks and Knuckleduster is full of great riffs! HCDR was their best album and the song T,L,S is one of the best songs CoB has... In my opinion... Downtuned riffs are great.. We dont want new Ftr or HB...

Am I the only one who hears a very Panteraish influence in Knucleduster? I'm not very familiar with In Flames but I've heard people say RTR sounds like nu metal and this doesn't sound like nu metal to me. I mean, parts of the new Dream Theater album sound more nu metal than this does. TLaS is classic awsome Bodom tho. Also, Alexi's soloing sounds MUCH better on these two songs than HCDR, more like his playing on FTR.

juoppo said:
mayby they don't want to play anymore that fucking "tilulilulu"shit '
Mwahaha, "tilulilulu shit" :tickled:

Mmh I was quite surprised after the first listen, but I really like it now.
I was a lot in the "tilulilulu shit" 3 years ago when I discovered COB, but now I'm 99% into Strapping Young Lad, so COB becoming fucking heavier is simply great.

I also find those songs uplifting. Yeah I like dark songs or songs with athmosphere like Downfall, but those two songs put me on top (don't know if it means anything), in fact the most boring part is the solo :p

But the heavy riffs with scales or solo-riff on top are really great.

Talking about nu metal, the beginning of TL&S sounds like Slipknot. Listen at 0'40", one guitar then the other backing it, then a quite jerky riff, you would replace the harmonic with a "tulilu" but on the four first frets in the low notes and it would sound exactly like some Slipknot riff.
And I don't say that in a disrespectful way. Slipknot make some really good songs IMO.

I'm happy they don't sound like slayer, with a repetitive drums like the slayer cover (and like in TL&S at 2'50" during the solo), cuz' I don' tlike that much.

Whatever you say about this album if it continues this way they'll just give up melody by the next album. So it should be R.I.P. COB 1997-2006 or whenever the next one comes out. Then they will switch to gibsons and start wearing masks (oh and roope will still be filling in, theyll never take time to find another guitarist).

I'll still like this album, just not as much as hatebreeder or follow the reaper. And does anyone other than me think the guitars sound better. Well they seem to from what i can tell with the shitty quality (someone didnt use an emg-hz to record this).

I like them both. TL&S has great riffs, but the the quantity of riffs isn't the same as it used to be. But it's not that big problem, since the main riff on TL&S rocks. Knucleduster has also very good riffs and the main riff is pretty unique-sounding. Knuckleduster's verse riff is nothing like those chug-chug-riffs on In Flames's RtR or STYE. This riff on KD has muted shredding between those chugs and it doesn't get so tedious than on songs like The Quiet Place or Trigger. Not nu-metal in any way.