Traveling trought Scandinavia [OFF]

Sigurðr

Nature lover
Feb 1, 2010
Överallt och ingenstans
Well, me and my friend will going to make a trip to scandinavia, we have some cities in the schedule, im not 100% sure if will be exactly this cities but i think it will be, well lets to the list:
Goteborg-Swe
Stockholm-Swe
Helsinki-Fin
Oulu-Fin
Oslo-Nor
Trondheim-Nor
Stavanger-Nor

well i searched a lot about low airplane/train prices, and they are very acceptable but im not 100% sure about the prices in the time we'll go, we'ill go in january( second week +-) untill february 2011, and my doubts are:
1)I know the winter is too strong and i like it euhueh but in this time this countries have sunny days? i dont care if this sunny but -16C i just want to know if in this time of the winter the sun apears.
2)the prices in airplanes/trains to travel trought scandinavia could be really this cheaper? i found airplanes passages for less than 30 eur o_o

and for the luckies who live in one of this cities/countries could tell me some nice things to do in this time of the year :D

I live close to Stavanger, and yes, we have sunny days like most other places on earth. If you travel to the north of the polar circle you might not be in such luck though. They have sun 24/7 in the summer and pretty much darkness 24/7 in the winter.

As for things to do in the winter, ehh... go skiing? I've spent most of the winter longing for summer and happier days. This place is depressive as death itself in the winter.

I know about the sun, what i want to mean is if have days with clear sky, without heavy clouds all day long, and oh, happy and shining days? i'm tired of this D: brazil is too happy for my taste |:

I live close to Stavanger, and yes, we have sunny days like most other places on earth. If you travel to the north of the polar circle you might not be in such luck though. They have sun 24/7 in the summer and pretty much darkness 24/7 in the winter.

As for things to do in the winter, ehh... go skiing? I've spent most of the winter longing for summer and happier days. This place is depressive as death itself in the winter.

You see, it's all a matter of perspective. Even if I was somewhat confused when I went to Norge because the sun went down at 16 :)p), I loved all the cold and darkness. Ohhh I'm sucha dark person, I'm a vampiiiiiere (just joking here hehe). I hate the bloody sunny days that we get here, I prefer the weather of any Nordic country over C.R. hehe.

I'd recommend going to Olso and Bergen, especially if you're looking for girls (I assume you're a man, sorry if it's au contraire and you're not a lesbian :) ). Bergen is incredibly awesome, it's so nice to walk around town. There're many forests nearby, I went to one and I (seriously) saw a troll. So beware.

Oslo is also beautiful, I love that you take the metro and it goes out of town and you're at the mountains in 30min, for just 7 NOK (I guess, I'm not sure of the price) and not having to drive a bit. Just be careful of weird Norwegian women that work at resorts and say that you can get a refill of hot chocolate for free, but then they ask you to pay :lol: .

Here's me in Oslo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephy/2234449244/sizes/l/

On the way to Bergen (TAKE THE TRAIN, it's such a nice trip!!!—Especially when the train can't go on anymore because of the snowstorms and you've to take a bus and get to see Norwegian country side):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephy/2234449254/sizes/l/

wooow very nice photos! i was thinking about Stavanger, i saw some photos, its just amazing, the monument with 3 swords and the fiords, its amazing. I'm a man uehueh, you went in winter? i want to know if in high winter *january/february* theses cities are good to go, i love winter/darkness too but i want to see clear days with only the blue sky over my head and the white snow over my knees :p

Sigurðr;8978832 said:
wooow very nice photos! i was thinking about Stavanger, i saw some photos, its just amazing, the monument with 3 swords and the fiords, its amazing. I'm a man uehueh, you went in winter? i want to know if in high winter *january/february* theses cities are good to go, i love winter/darkness too but i want to see clear days with only the blue sky over my head and the white snow over my knees :p

Haha then go in Summer. Ohhh there's a fjord that, if possible, you should go to. It's what incited me to go to Norge in the first place, but now I forgot the name. It's pretty famous, I'm sure Agah knows :) .

Yeah it was January, but it was bloody hot. Seriously, at times it was above zero o_O . It was raining when I was in Göteborg, which is insane. Not in Bergen though, it always rains in Bergen. Hehe seriously, it's like this: "Oh it;s been raining for 400 straight days, and counting" :p .

There's an excellent metal shop in Oslo too.

Haha then go in Summer.

haha we cant, this is the only time we can go, i love dark days and all this vampire talk ,but i just want to see some days with cold+sun/ligh cloudy and dont just cold+gray sky+cold+rain if you know what i mean.
wooo a nice metal store? they have this european band t-shirts like manegarm/vintersorg? *-* thats a goooood point uehueh and about the rain, here in curitiba is +- the same, its been raining about 2 weeks and oh, its raining right now :p yeah i saw the fiord, its too beautiful! i saw some bergen photos and you convinced me to go there. And if you could tell more about you trip to Scandinavia if you dont mind o/ thks

Sigurðr;8978902 said:
haha we cant, this is the only time we can go, i love dark days and all this vampire talk ,but i just want to see some days with cold+sun/ligh cloudy and dont just cold+gray sky+cold+rain if you know what i mean.
wooo a nice metal store? they have this european band t-shirts like manegarm/vintersorg? *-* thats a goooood point uehueh and about the rain, here in curitiba is +- the same, its been raining about 2 weeks and oh, its raining right now :p yeah i saw the fiord, its too beautiful! i saw some bergen photos and you convinced me to go there. And if you could tell more about you trip to Scandinavia if you dont mind o/ thks

Wow from Curitiba, that's a long trip!

The shop is this one: http://www.neseblodrecords.com/

It's basically the best metal shop, along with Remedy Records in Hamburg, that I saw in Europe. Its very expensive, so take cash. But they carry an insane amount of really rare items. e.g., I bought Dark Tranquillity's Skydancer LP. I was going to buy Arcturus's Angel (yellow cover) LP, but it was already reserved :( :( :( . You need at least one full afternoon to see everything that's there hehe, just when you think you're done you discover the back section with shirts :lol:.

What can I tell you about my trip to Scandinavia? At first it was very weird because when I was in Göteborg I got news that my opa (grandpa) was 'in extremis' (on his deathbed, dying), so that "kind of" rose the affective filter ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephy/4268059512/sizes/l/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/josephy/4268059520/sizes/l/ ). I had a great time in Stockholm. but the best part was definitely Norge. I guess I liked it more because I went to some forests, saw a troll and got to be all epic-viking with a torch in the middle of a 'snowstorm'.

Take an umbrella to Bergen, seriously. Further advise: Take suitcases that are made of plastic, not cloth/fabric. I took the latter, and a bunch of items (including a Sopor Aeternus, La Chambre D'Echo book) got all damaged. Some posters substantially, I had to throw out the one of Legion of the Damned :( .

Norwegians are very nice, just like Germans they are very friendly to strangers. They're not going to let you into their homes (I actually thought of trying that for a second, but thought I might get in trouble), but they're certainly willing to help us poor 3rd-world tourists :lol: .

Wow from Curitiba, that's a long trip!

The shop is this one: http://www.neseblodrecords.com/

It's basically the best metal shop, along with Remedy Records in Hamburg, that I saw in Europe. Its very expensive, so take cash. But they carry an insane amount of really rare items. e.g., I bought Dark Tranquillity's Skydancer LP. I was going to buy Arcturus's Angel (yellow cover) LP, but it was already reserved :( :( :( . You need at least one full afternoon to see everything that's there hehe, just when you think you're done you discover the back section with shirts :lol:.
woah! nice, i need to buy some new shirts uehueh, yeah curitiba is a little far away from the 'viking world':erk:
We are going to stay for 1 month +-, so i think i'll have time to see a lot of stuff, thanks for te advice and sorry for your poster |: I want to see northern lights but i dont know if in bergen/oslo/stavanger i'll see it:lol:
Troll? wtf?:loco: what you drink? euheuh kiding 8)
And the people here are so shy ): come on leave your experiences here:kickass:

Sigurðr;8979072 said:
woah! nice, i need to buy some new shirts uehueh, yeah curitiba is a little far away from the 'viking world':erk:
We are going to stay for 1 month +-, so i think i'll have time to see a lot of stuff, thanks for te advice and sorry for your poster |: I want to see northern lights but i dont know if in bergen/oslo/stavanger i'll see it:lol:
Troll? wtf?:loco: what you drink? euheuh kiding 8)
And the people here are so shy ): come on leave your experiences here:kickass:

Haha I wasn't drunk actually, I saw it plain and clear. And he stole one of my gloves! The question is, why would a troll want a glove…? Perhaps he added it to its 'human souvenirs' collections.

If you want to see the lights you have to got to Nidaros-Trondhjem (Trondheim) or even more to the North I guess.

Well they're just not logged in, they're not really shy :) .

Every post you do about this Troll you just leave me more curious, tell me the history ueheuhe :D
yeah, well here is 00:24 yet, for the viking guys is almost time to wake up euhueh

Sigurðr;8979097 said:
Every post you do about this Troll you just leave me more curious, tell me the history ueheuhe :D
yeah, well here is 00:24 yet, for the viking guys is almost time to wake up euhueh

Haha well I was taking a piss in the forest :)p), and then I saw this figure run by. It was small, had a large nose and feet. It just ran by, I thought: "OK… now that was weird". After some time, I noticed I didn't have one of my gloves. I went back, looked for it, but it wasn't there. So I guess the troll must've stolen it :p .

Haha then go in Summer. Ohhh there's a fjord that, if possible, you should go to. It's what incited me to go to Norge in the first place, but now I forgot the name. It's pretty famous, I'm sure Agah knows :) .

Yeah it was January, but it was bloody hot. Seriously, at times it was above zero o_O . It was raining when I was in Göteborg, which is insane. Not in Bergen though, it always rains in Bergen. Hehe seriously, it's like this: "Oh it;s been raining for 400 straight days, and counting" :p .

There's an excellent metal shop in Oslo too.

The fjord you're talking about is probably Lysefjorden, it is home to the famous Preikestolen and Kjerag.
The metal shop in Oslo is probably Neseblod (Noseblood) which is a tiny, tightly packed shop with lots of rare stuff. There's also a shop called Sound of Noise.

Also, yes we have sunny days in the winter.

you wouldn't last a week in the heart of winter in the Nordic mountains. You think it's easy? well think again.

Well, i'm wondering to spent my time in the cities and not semi-naked in the top of a moutain in Hammerfest.

Haha well I was taking a piss in the forest :)p), and then I saw this figure run by. It was small, had a large nose and feet. It just ran by, I thought: "OK… now that was weird". After some time, I noticed I didn't have one of my gloves. I went back, looked for it, but it wasn't there. So I guess the troll must've stolen it :p .

auhauhauh wow! i suppose it was the most surreal piss you had in your life:lol: i think you may not saw this in the area:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/Troll1.JPG

The fjord you're talking about is probably Lysefjorden, it is home to the famous Preikestolen and Kjerag.
The metal shop in Oslo is probably Neseblod (Noseblood) which is a tiny, tightly packed shop with lots of rare stuff. There's also a shop called Sound of Noise.

Also, yes we have sunny days in the winter.

yeah! thats the fjord i saw in internet, well this fjord look a 'little' high, they have easy access to climb up? i hope they dont make me have a heart-attack, i'm excited to see the Sverd i fjell in Stavanger,http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8505272.jpg its soo epic:)

Sigurðr;8979583 said:
Well, i'm wondering to spent my time in the cities and not semi-naked in the top of a moutain in Hammerfest.

auhauhauh wow! i suppose it was the most surreal piss you had in your life:lol: i think you may not saw this in the area:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/Troll1.JPG

yeah! thats the fjord i saw in internet, well this fjord look a 'little' high, they have easy access to climb up? i hope they dont make me have a heart-attack, i'm excited to see the Sverd i fjell in Stavanger,http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8505272.jpg its soo epic:)

Pretty much everyone should be able to go to Preikestolen, my 80 year old grandfather went there a couple of years ago. Kjerag is a bit tougher, but any reasonably fit person should manage to get there without having a heart failure.

Pretty much everyone should be able to go to Preikestolen, my 80 year old grandfather went there a couple of years ago. Kjerag is a bit tougher, but any reasonably fit person should manage to get there without having a heart failure.

hmmm thats good :) i hope the fjord will be accessible during winter, its one of the reasons i want some sunny days, i dont want to be stuck in the top of a fjord with a snowstorm:lol: