Traveling trought Scandinavia [OFF]

I don't know if you'll find many Finnish people encouraging you to go there in wintertime ;)

It is typically much colder and snowier than Norway and Sweden.

we planned to cut Finland, with finland out of schedule we can go to bergen too and spent more time in norge or sweden :D but much more? even helsinki? i read some stuff about Finland ,but nothing sayed about winters much more freezing than norway/sweden, but now you mentioned it, witch capital is more cold in january? oslo or stockholm? and i was wondering to make friends for a possible visit in summer'11 so in this forum if someone appears, lets mark some place in norway/sweden :kickass:

Speaking of mountains, I wonder where the mountains on the cover of Till Fjells are located at. I thought they were by Skellefteå, but looking at pics of the Central Base of the Vintersorg Mothership, it doesn't look very mountainous.

Perhaps Seattle has spoiled me!

Sigurðr;8981252 said:
For sure :D i live in the south of brazil, here in winters we have -5ºC, 2ºC but dont polar night and snow :cry: but i love cold :D and about the student card, yeah i'll gonna make it, i want to buy an overcoat :headbang: and climb some fjord with snow ant took some tr00 a lá windir photos :lol:

I did not know about this rs and now i saw your profile i always remember about some thief troll:lol: i hope i'll could see one auhauh but without my left leg eated by it

I was the one who wrote the info of the flag, not Feicht :err: . Please correct that.

I'd say that Helsinki is not only more expensive than Bergen or Stockholm, but colder too :) . And you could go to some saunas! Ohh that'd be nice.

I was the one who wrote the info of the flag, not Feicht :err: . Please correct that.

I'd say that Helsinki is not only more expensive than Bergen or Stockholm, but colder too :) . And you could go to some saunas! Ohh that'd be nice.

I saw in the tickets/flights to Finland and they are more expensive:cry: but even with the food and other things in the city? D: i tought oslo was the more expensive scandinavian city D: Bergen too, i saw the prices and they are a little more expensive than the rest of the cities, but not too for me to cut it from Schedule:lol: And saunas? thats a good idea, i never be in one, i think its a very good experience :)

And for the people who know these cities, you could give me site/adress of some metal stores? i saw neseblod and sound pollution, i want to know if have some in stavanger/bergen and another in stockholm/copenhaguen :D

Excuse me for asking, but why are you going in wintertime and not summertime? Stockholm, Oslo, and Copenhagen are all cities that blossom in the summertime. In Stockholm, which can get as warm as 35C in the summer, you can take boat trips into the archipelago, sit at outdoor pubs in the middle of the city and enjoy daylight almost 24/7. The people will definitely be more outgoing and friendly too.

Excuse me for asking, but why are you going in wintertime and not summertime? Stockholm, Oslo, and Copenhagen are all cities that blossom in the summertime. In Stockholm, which can get as warm as 35C in the summer, you can take boat trips into the archipelago, sit at outdoor pubs in the middle of the city and enjoy daylight almost 24/7. The people will definitely be more outgoing and friendly too.

No problem:) well for many reasons, the initial plan was going in july'2010 but i work and i only will have vacation after 1 year in this job, and this will be in january/february, other important reason, in january/february i will have even more money than i will have in this july, and the major reason: we have some contacts in europe, in holland and berlin and especially in holland we will have home/food for free for a long period of time, and this contact will be avaiable only in january:) aaaaaand, in winter time the price of train tickets/flights/hostels is more cheaper than summertime, aaand the last one haha here in brazil we have summer 24/7 for all year, winter here just change the temperature, dont have polar nights and this kind of stuff, so, going in winter it will be a new experience, i never see snow in my life and i want to be in scandinavia in winter:) but i have plans to go in july'2011 too, but winter first:kickass:

I think DEFIANCE understand me in all this part of 'be in a REAL winter with snow and polar nights' because i think Costa Rica is like brazil, or even worst because i live in south here at least we have very low temperatures , 2C is normal

I think that's another thing though. At least in Stockholm I know it can be +5C and no snow at all in January, they rarely have any "real"* winters .

You know, more like
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_X3hmuFRDRSo/ReV8j8F-WuI/AAAAAAAAAkw/gNKUWJ3VSUc/IMGP0049.JPG

than
http://www.desktoprating.com/wallpapers/landscape-wallpapers-pictures/snow-mountains-wallpaper.jpg

well thats a good thing too:) i want snow/dark days but not all days, i told sometimes here in the thread, i hope for days with clear sky and the snow :)

Don't forget to bring sunglasses. If you're not used to the sun shining off of a white landscape, you might go blind :D

Don't forget to bring sunglasses. If you're not used to the sun shining off of a white landscape, you might go blind :D

wow really? D: i never thought this D: well im worried about some prices, the hostels/food/supermarket is too expensive? |: and we will go to netherlands first, and we will buy the overcoats and winter cloaths there but i think the norway winter is a little stronger haha but with the winter clothes in netherlands i suppose i could pass to norway winter ?

Yeah, hence the term "snow-blind" ;) There are times when I've been outside shovelling snow or whatever, and then when I come back inside I can't see very well for about 20 minutes afterward because my eyes have to readjust. I'd imagine this could be kind of worse if you're not used to it :)

And yeah I guess you could buy your winter clothes in the Netherlands if for some reason you can't buy them at home. I mean I gather you don't get much cold weather down in Brazil but for some reason I can't imagine not even having access to a certain kind of clothes... But yeah... I'd check and see if there are any second-hand shops you can buy a winter jacket from before you guys just head to the mall and shell out a few hundred euros.

And yeah I guess you could buy your winter clothes in the Netherlands if for some reason you can't buy them at home. I mean I gather you don't get much cold weather down in Brazil but for some reason I can't imagine not even having access to a certain kind of clothes... But yeah... I'd check and see if there are any second-hand shops you can buy a winter jacket from before you guys just head to the mall and shell out a few hundred euros.

Here we have winter clothes, winter here could get -5C, 2C is easily, but here we dont have snow, so i think this change a lot euhueh and here this kind of clothe is a little expensive D: and thanks for the help dude:)

Change of plans:lol:

We deicide to cut some cities to enjoy Norge with more time, here the schedule:
-Rotterdam (we will spend some time in a friends house)
-Berlin (same thing)
Then we will go to Norge:kickass:
-We will arrive in oslo, see some museums or just walk around the city:lol: i need to pass in neseblod to buy some shirts:kickass:
-From oslo we will go to Stavanger by train, spend 3 days in the city
-After this we will go to Bergen (thks Defiance:)) spend 2 days i guess
-To bergen we will fly to Trondheim enjoy the goodies of trondheim city card:lol:
-And the last but not less important we will going to Tromsø spend 5 days chasing some northern lights :loco:

I guess its all, i think it will be a fantastic travel, cant wait \m/
If someone have some tip to me about those cities

first off - my post has little to do with Sigurðr's trip to Scandinavia :p i just thought the title of the thread was fitting to what i'm about to share, and i don't think it's worth starting its own thread, but i also don't want to dump this into our general chat thread...

Anyway... Did you know that now you can travel through Northen Sweden with Google Street View?? :yow: I just noticed yesterday that the northen part was now completed! I remember checking it like 6 months ago, they were still in the process of making photos there, but now you can actually drive through Skellefteå! I spent my entire evening yesterday driving around on the streets of Skellefteå and other places in Northern Sweden and Finland i've been to 9 year ago, looking for places i maybe could recognize. Oh man i feel so excited and nostalgic, it's sooo beautiful there, so much forest! I am jealous of Andreas and other people who live there, i hope i can move there too some day...

I was almost sure i've been in some parts of Skellefteå 9 years ago, like St. Olovs Kyrka, but now when i looked at those places i can't recognize any of them anymore... I think we probably just drove through the town up north and didn't stop anywhere, as i initially thought... Anyway, i think it's cool to take a look at the place where Andreas lives, maybe i even saw his house somewhere haha :D

^ Hahaha, the thin line between being a groupie and harassment….

;)

gee i knew someone was gonna say that... you have no idea!!! ;) It would probably scare the shit out of Andreas if he only knew what kind of personal stuff fans know... :Smug: i for one am not going to do anything with it, i am only very curious about people i like very much and about their lives. Other girls share gossip about Paris Hilton and latest fashion flicks, we gossip about Andreas and the bands :p At least i'm not afraid to admit it, while i know for sure that at least 3 other persons here went and checked it out after i posted this, or they maybe even did it before! :p

Anyway, as i said, i went to look at those places in Northern Sweden and Finland (not only Skellefteå!) because i'm haunted by images i saw there many years ago and frustrated because i don't know where exactly they belong! I just wanted to find some of them and put names to those images i remember, so that i might ever return to visit those places again. They left a great impresssion and made a huge impact on me and i have never stopped wishing and hoping to return there as i still believe it's the best place on Earth! It's amazing that i now can "come back" there through Google and take a look again at all those places i've been!

And since Andreas happens to live there too, i know some people here would also be interested to take a look at where he lives! ;) so i thought i'd share...

You're right Elvina, Google Street View is also a form of tourism ;-)

We cannot always be where we'd want to, so that's kind of a fast and reliable way to "teletransport" for a second :)

^ Like Goku!

gee i knew someone was gonna say that... you have no idea!!! ;) It would probably scare the shit out of Andreas if he only knew what kind of personal stuff fans know... :Smug: i for one am not going to do anything with it, i am only very curious about people i like very much and about their lives. Other girls share gossip about Paris Hilton and latest fashion flicks, we gossip about Andreas and the bands :p At least i'm not afraid to admit it, while i know for sure that at least 3 other persons here went and checked it out after i posted this, or they maybe even did it before! :p

Anyway, as i said, i went to look at those places in Northern Sweden and Finland (not only Skellefteå!) because i'm haunted by images i saw there many years ago and frustrated because i don't know where exactly they belong! I just wanted to find some of them and put names to those images i remember, so that i might ever return to visit those places again. They left a great impresssion and made a huge impact on me and i have never stopped wishing and hoping to return there as i still believe it's the best place on Earth! It's amazing that i now can "come back" there through Google and take a look again at all those places i've been!

And since Andreas happens to live there too, i know some people here would also be interested to take a look at where he lives! ;) so i thought i'd share...

I want to know where Andreas lives. Now. Hehe, half kidding there.

I'd like to go around New Zealand and heck, even Haiti (just to be thankful of where I live).