Tried out a new vocalist for my project - let's put him under the microscope!

Another thing i just thought of...How much experience do each of these guys have?

Guy 1 has more experience than guy 2 but I'm not sure how long. Guy 2 has only been doing this for one year though.

But I know Guy 1 has been musical since young age. He started out playing drums and now he plays sort of everything and also sings and screams and so on.

What's been said in the last 2 posts, tbh.

IMHO, your music just deserves better, you worked so hard at it for so long, might as well get someone who fits perfectly to finish it off.

I'm glad you guys are not afraid of voicing your opinion about the vocalists. It's really cool that some people say they're both awful and that is equally good feedback as "THEY'RE AWESOME!!" for me.

So far the music has been instrumental in all clips I've shown you so it could also be that you have gotten attuned to the fact that it's instrumental and simply no type of voice will ever sound good with it. I was sort of like that the very first time I heard vocals on my music. I went like "What the fuck just happened? Vocals? What!?" :) Now I feel Guy 1 has the most potential for this project even though some may not find him so good at all.

It would be interesting to hear your opinion about what vocalist would fit this music! Would Devin Townsend's roar fit? Haha :) I have absolutely no idea myself. Even Gareth says his voice would not fit even though I find his voice to be amazingly powerful and he would like the music to just stay instrumental. So if his powerful voice doesn't fit... if neither Guy 1 or Guy 2 fits... then what the hell fits? Quite amazing.

Erkan

What i'd do if i were you.....

Find a chick with a nice pair of big tits and a firm ass, doesn't matter is she can sing or not and put her on stage.Problem solved:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously now i think i like guy1 better.2 is way too common.Although he seems to fit the music better, i think i get this impression cause most low tuned bands these days have singers like guy2.

Not that i'm saying your music is common.Its not.It's just the mix with guy2 sounds like that and reminds me of something.With guy1 it sounds more original.

At least to me.:)

Do you need screams on this? Personally I don't think screams would improve the music at all, they'd sorta just 'be there'. I reckon someone along the lines of the Textures singer (ex-singer :() would be best for this, someone with really good cleans and then kinda tuned screams. But GL finding someone like that ;p

Someone from this forum (I think it was Hate81, really sorry if I got your username wrong.. Tony) pulled off a kinda similar style for one of the songs for my band, you might want to contact him. Really cool guy, but he's all the way down here in Aus so you don't get the one-on-one chemistry that you'd get with someone else in your own studio.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/324723/Ascendancy - 01 - Descending.mp3

Did Texture's singer quit? :O God damn, he seriously is one of the best I've heard. The tuned screams and his cleans, they were just godly. Yeah GOOD LUCK finding someone like that in this fucking town. Haha seriously.. :|

I think I'll go with guy 1. It's what my guts tell me and the fact that people are against him make me want to go that route even more. Yeah, I'm one defying motherfucker, fuck all the nay sayers! This is gonna rock! (Hah, not trying to be rude, I'm just joking ;))

However, I'm gonna let guy 2 know that I might want to work with him in the future and that's no bullshit. I liked his lows and highs to be honest even though they're very common. Something tells me he will develop into a great vocalist considering he has come this far in only one year.

blank_facepalm_224.gif

Haha Eric, what' up with the facepalm? Because Textures' singer quit or because I chose guy 1? :) If it's because of guy 1, stop! You're making me a sad teddybear :( Buhuuu... hah nah, just kidding.

Seriously, with some nice processing and a mic that doesn't distort (lol) I think guy 1 will turn out pretty damn nice for the music. It's all about the artist's vision and if this fits in my vision then it's the only right thing for this music.

Someone from this forum (I think it was Hate81, really sorry if I got your username wrong.. Tony) pulled off a kinda similar style for one of the songs for my band, you might want to contact him. Really cool guy, but he's all the way down here in Aus so you don't get the one-on-one chemistry that you'd get with someone else in your own studio.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/324723/Ascendancy - 01 - Descending.mp3

brilliant voice..!!..
get him:kickass:

brilliant voice..!!..
get him:kickass:

Sounds too much like a typical thrash metal singer. I hate (for the most part) thrash metal. :)

It's very hard to judge him though because I could hear a scream here and there that I really liked so it sounds like he can pull off a bunch of stuff. But working with someone on the other side of the globe... fuck no, I want to work with people face to face. I want to gain some experience in producing people, not just making music.

Sounds too much like a typical thrash metal singer. I hate (for the most part) thrash metal. :)

It's very hard to judge him though because I could hear a scream here and there that I really liked so it sounds like he can pull off a bunch of stuff. But working with someone on the other side of the globe... fuck no, I want to work with people face to face. I want to gain some experience in producing people, not just making music.

He can tune his screams which is awesome (every scream was double tracked to 6x tracked), and he's a really good clean singer as well. The chorus of course is very typical thrash metal tho, but I think if he sang as he did in the verses he'd fit your music well.

Do you really want to go for someone below your standards just to gain experience? Why not get him in for something else, and make your music the best it could be?

Facepalm was about you giving up on your search for an actually good singer. For god sake, you live in Sweden, there must be anything!! :lol:
I live in Spain and had several better applicants (obviously I was looking for something completely different than you, but I got some screamers applying, even hard rock singers :lol:), and that's in a country where Metal music is absolutely overlooked!

So apparently im the only one that sees Guy 1 (with a some practice) being awesome on this type of music? If you put the same old screamer like guy 2 or half the other "screamers" that all sound the same then its just gonna throw the music into the "me too" category...Even when I listened to the song with guy 2, while he is good, i approached the song as, cool riifs, cool drums, good screamer....With guy 1 on it it made the whole mix bounce more and I looked at it from a whole different approach, the song felt more energetic, less steril, idk im rambling but I really think guy 1 could pay off in the long run.