Tried out a new vocalist for my project - let's put him under the microscope!

So apparently im the only one that sees Guy 1 (with a some practice) being awesome on this type of music? If you put the same old screamer like guy 2 or half the other "screamers" that all sound the same then its just gonna throw the music into the "me too" category...Even when I listened to the song with guy 2, while he is good, i approached the song as, cool riifs, cool drums, good screamer....With guy 1 on it it made the whole mix bounce more and I looked at it from a whole different approach, the song felt more energetic, less steril, idk im rambling but I really think guy 1 could pay off in the long run.

+1 really agree :saint:

Facepalm was about you giving up on your search for an actually good singer. For god sake, you live in Sweden, there must be anything!! :lol:
I live in Spain and had several better applicants (obviously I was looking for something completely different than you, but I got some screamers applying, even hard rock singers :lol:), and that's in a country where Metal music is absolutely overlooked!

Yeah well I don't know if I should be flattered by all this or not but it feels like there already is an expectation - a certain standard - that people have put on my music. That's actually really cool but it doesn't surprise me that this thread turned into a rather mess :) Everybody have different opinions, some like guy 1, some like guy 2, some like both, some like neither, that's the way it goes. After summing everything up in my head it feels as if it won't make much of a difference as to who I choose between those two. Sure I can keep on looking but this town is rather dry on good vocalists and internet-collab is not really what I want to do with THIS project (but for any other project, I'm all for it!).

I've worked on and off for over a year on this project and I was planning on being done with it by spring, which is now, but right now I'm not sure if I'll even be done until after the summer. I think it's better for me to pick a singer (I've already told guy 1 I'll be working with him and his batshit crazy character) and just get it done. I have enough inspiration to continue this "genre" and start on a second album so we'll see if I spend more time looking for a singer on that one if guy 1 really turns out so horrible that nobody can even listen to it :)

Erkan, you should send Mario(Feared singer) a message. He loves doing this kind of stuff. His name is Mario Santos Ramos on Facebook.

He is REALLY good! I can definately imagine working with him. Would be cool to meet him IRL and all too but unfortunately I have already settled on guy 1 and that's how it'll be. Working with Mario in the future would definately be cool.

To say the truth, only screams makes me bored soon. I think the music doesn´t need all that kinda hate screaming all the time. Especially the chorus that would be awesome if he knows how to sing properly.

Curious how it will turn out with guy1....hope he improoves a bit while working with you....and hopefully he won't do that kind of hysterical screaming all the time...and the sing things too emo^^
but I agree, it has to be hard and boring to find the right one for you music. so if you want to work with him it's gonna turn out good somehow anway I guess :kickass:

the first guy is more demoniac, but the 2nd one sound more common and is more easily audible, but the first one rulz too, I like how he mixes clean voice with that screams, and in high screams first one is better.

To say the truth, only screams makes me bored soon. I think the music doesn´t need all that kinda hate screaming all the time. Especially the chorus that would be awesome if he knows how to sing properly.

Actually I agree. I will be experimenting more with his cleans now that I've decided to use him for the project. I'm tired of thinking so much about this shit now, I just want to get to work and get shit done!

You're going to hell for this one man, you know that? To HEEELLLLLL!!! :heh:

Haha ouch :) Luckily I don't think hell exists (other than the direction the whole world is heading to) so I should be off the hook! Nah but I just have a really hard time for "classic" thrash metal. Thrash metal with a twist is cool.

Actually I agree. I will be experimenting more with his cleans now that I've decided to use him for the project. I'm tired of thinking so much about this shit now, I just want to get to work and get shit done!

I understand you. Sometimes we are so full of everything that we only want to finish the things most soon possible and dont give a shit to anyone else!lol But think positive dude and the things may work as you wish. ;)