TV Shows

In all seriousness, its refreshing to have a simple story told within the universe without blatant pandering characters, stupid powers that come out of no where, and ridiculous endings.

Other than Rogue One, the franchise has been overall crap since RotJ.

Reactions: Demilich
I went into The Mandalorian as a big fan of Jon Favreau, Avatar, and OG Star Wars. The main theme song hooked me in quickly, and never let go. Loved both seasons.

Yeah man definitely stick with Mando in that case. I'm not saying it's quite as amazing as the Last Airbender but dammit... if I had to directly A/B the two well I'd be in for a great TV time I tell you what.

Spaghetti Space Western. For kids!

Beats holding yer breath for a Firefly reboot.
I really really really really hope this doesn't happen. Firefly was perfect and needs nothing. How many perfect TV shows exist? I know of one: Firefly.

[obligatory reference to Cowboy Bebop possibly also being perfect] and gorram it they are gonna reboot that as well. Booooo-urns.

I really really really really hope this doesn't happen. Firefly was perfect and needs nothing. How many perfect TV shows exist? I know of one: Firefly.

[obligatory reference to Cowboy Bebop possibly also being perfect] and gorram it they are gonna reboot that as well. Booooo-urns.

I don't think my disdain for the idea of rebooting it came across in my post.

Reactions: NAD
Oh, it did. I wanted to say that I agreed with you by seeming like I thought you weren't saying what you didn't say.

Really looking forward to The Haunting of Bly Manor.

Oh yeah this show. Waste of time. Whole season could have been done in the last two episodes. Major disappointment after the greatness of Hill House.

Just finished up the first season of Away, even though I think it was Lurch who advised against it on Instagram. Fluffy, sappy, family-oriented storyline, but still kinda ok. I'm a sucker for space, even if it's Hallmark Channel quality.

I heard Bly Manor sucked. Im not gonna watch.

The girl Im talking to suggested Big Sky. No idea what its about

Anyone watching Tales from the Loop? Any advice?

Against expectations, The Expanse season 5 is a slow burn. Which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't pretty bland as well. A precious few nice scenes and interesting premises that don't quite deliver. The Amos arc could be great but is underwhelming so far, glad they brought back Clarissa Mao though. The Alex/Bobbie duo achieved nothing special. Holden is barely there. It feels like all his scenes were shot in one day. Similarly, Naomi's story was very weak so far until episode 8 which was definitely her episode and ended with an excellent twist. On the whole, I'm not satisfied with how the multiplicity of threads is handled. Everything seems to be geared towards epicness (hopefully in the two remaining episodes) but the mostly boring journey leading up to it will be hard to redeem.