TV Shows

Nothing new here:

Been watching The Wire a LOT lately. Everyone in the house is hooked, which is odd, we can't usually all agree on a show.

The Big C might be all right, has a nice little sarcastic view to the show, but ive only seen the pilot/first episode. I really liked the debut for Boardwalk Empire, I think that's it for new shows? Not sure what else has been going on

ive heard it's decent. but sons of anarchy is where it's at. im finally caught up.
I've seen the first season of Sons and really liked it.
I need to get the second season

I just finished the last/most recent Terriers...GREAT episode. I'm officially hooked. I've always enjoyed Donal Logue so that was a plus coming in. This is a very solid show with a pretty good back-story.
I guess I need to get caught up then.

Is Modern Family any good? I'd lick Sofia Vergara's stool sample as if I were a cast member of Legend of the Guardians verifying how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie. The only thing putting me off is the two faggot characters. Hollywood's always attempting to humanize these filthy fudgepackers through the avenue of comedy. Putting from the rough is no laughing matter, nor is the inefficacy of AIDS.

Is Modern Family any good?
Awesome. One of the best T.V. shows on.

On some small level, I liken it to Scrubs (one of the Top 5 comedies ever). Scrubs had the unique ability to transition from comedy to drama seamlessly. With most comedies, even a natural progression towards a dramatic moment comes off as hokey and trite. However, the cast of Scrubs could pull it off at the drop of a hat. Modern Family has a similar quality.

I'd lick Sofia Vergara's stool sample as if I were a cast member of Legend of the Guardians verifying how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie.
You'd have to fight me for said stool sample. That chick is so hot, we really need a new word to describe such a state of elevated hotness. And the cool thing is, she's hysterical on the show.

The only thing putting me off is the two faggot characters.
If it makes you feel any better, there's no kissing, ala True Blood. And the two of them are hysterical. Although they're a bit stereotypical, the two actors who play them are both excellent and bring a lot of nuance to their characters.

If you're not already watching them, the two other comedies worth checking into are How I Met Your Mother and Community.

that main character on How I Met Your Mother is such a worthless character, Siegel and Harris are pretty good on that show but I honestly can't stand him, I think I suffered through the first season. Community is kind of retarded, that Soup guy was better at being a host with his personality but I don't really like it on that show..Why not stick with Always Sunny for comedy, and Eastbound and Down just started up again..plenty of better TV elsewhere :loco:

Are you serious?

ultimate-sofia-vergara-list.jpg

Those lips, eyes, eyebrowns, are just a big time meh.

that main character on How I Met Your Mother is such a worthless character...
While the Ted character is the weakest on the show, especially compared to Harris' and Siegel's, I still enjoy him. I think the actor is solid, the character is just a bit lame.

Community is kind of retarded, that Soup guy was better at being a host with his personality but I don't really like it on that show.
I can definitely see people not digging Community. It's quirky. However, I like it's quirky sense of humor and I like the lead.

Why not stick with Always Sunny for comedy, and Eastbound and Down just started up again.
Sunny... always.

I do need to check out Eastbound & Down. I've heard good things.

yeah it means good ... just caught the last episode, the one with Don Johnson as his dad.