TV Shows

Last show I tried to watch was Manifest. Interweb hoopla was wrong and I lost interest quickly. Into the Night is a much better series if you're into shows about weird shit happening to airplanes and/or if you're a Langoliers fan.

Reactions: lurch70
so they're bringing Dexter back, huh? Worst ending ever. Makes Game of Thrones ending look like a masterpiece of TV writing

Reactions: MFJ
so they're bringing Dexter back, huh? Worst ending ever. Makes Game of Thrones ending look like a masterpiece of TV writing

Yeah man. He should have taken off with that hot blonde chick and everything would have been cool. Can't you just stop killing people for a few minutes and enjoy what you have? Some people these days...

the trailer makes it seem like Lumberjack Dexter just happened to end up in some crime ridden small town in bum fuck Idaho or something. What are the chances, huh?

Last show I tried to watch was Manifest. Interweb hoopla was wrong and I lost interest quickly. Into the Night is a much better series if you're into shows about weird shit happening to airplanes and/or if you're a Langoliers fan.
Yeah Manifest started off good but lost me halfway through first season also ... Into the Night was short and tight.
Most series drag out very simple premises into waaaaay too many episodes. It's what I hate most about streaming series.

Last few great ones I saw were Mare of Easttown, Goliath (fucking rules), Zero Zero Zero (best shit since sliced bread)

Watching Fargo now ... season 1 is good and heard good things.

Man I bet Michael C Hall was stoked as fuck when he found out about the Dexter reboot. Dude has been in like one movie since the first round ended lol probs had to go find a square job for awhile

I've never read any of those books, but still, that series looks like something I'll definitely watch. Same with Dune, I'm kind of excited about seeing that movie despite never actually reading the book! Maybe I should just read the damn books.

1st six Dune books....bestest series ever. Only books I've read more than once

I hope the movie stays true to the books. I will be picking it apart.

Wheel of Time

I wanted to love this. Ive failed to read the books twice. However, watching season 1 may actually make me want to read the books. Not because the series is awesome (it's not), but because I can tell there is definitely a good story in there.

The series is basically Lord of the Rings for kids. Youve got your magic person, a non human, and a bunch of innocent kids that just wanted to live simple lives on a quest to defeat the Dark One. The Dark One has an army of Trollocks (orcs) and Fades (Nazgul). Different good guy armies are scattered throughout with loose alliances. Seriously, I kept waiting for Gandalf to pop in.

The kid actors all suck a fatty. They have no presence at all. The main chick and her Warder (guardian) must be exhausted from carrying this show. I kept hoping someone would decapitate of few of these kids.

WoT has potential, but it feels like Amazon didnt give them a good budget to work with. And Im sure theres a lot more to the story, and we just got the basic good/evil light/dark tiresome battle.

I will give season 2 a try, but man, if they want to finish the entire book series, they need to improve. A lot.

Reactions: zerostatic
My sister had Wheel of Time books and I was hooked enough to read up to book 9 so they can't be too bad. But I stopped there and definitely don't need a TV series of it.

Most recently I watched 5 episodes of Game of Thrones. I'm purposefully watching only half a season per year for a bunch of reasons. Primarily because I prefer music and movies, and I know how time-consuming TV series can be. If I do watch TV at this point I'd rather see way out there shit such as Twin Peaks S3 or Black Mirror. Recommendations welcome...

About the only other TV I've watched this year is 2 Stupid Dogs (my favourite cartoon of all time but I didn't see all the episodes back in the day) and Love Death + Robots.