Two DT songs leaked

Jordan Rudess should be fired.

Oh yes! To be clear, Jordan is an amazingly gifted musician as far as technical proficiency goes... but goat lord he doesn't add anything fundamental to the songwriting.

Kevin Moore's lyrics and melodies were all over the place, especially on IAW (aka maybe the best album of all times). Yeah.. I know *whine, whine whine*, but I just can't help it.

----

You know, these guys brace themselves about hitting the studio and writing there in relatively short time from scratch, based on jams without any outside producer's input. They think it's only supporting their vision... I think it's spawning inbred, uninspired, rehashed versions of things that could be potentially great...

This band is slowly drifting away from me... and that makes me sad. :erk:

Oh yes! To be clear, Jordan is an amazingly gifted musician as far as technical proficiency goes... but goat lord he doesn't add anything fundamental to the songwriting.
Kevin Moore's lyrics and melodies were all over the place.

Agreed
Jordan is a MONSTER technically speaking. But I think Kevin had a good balance between melody/ technique... wich I also think that reflected at Petrucci at that time. His (Petrucci) solos were so much better back there...

You know, these guys brace themselves about hitting the studio and writing there in relatively short time from scratch, based on jams without any outside producer's input. They think it's only supporting their vision... I think it's spawning inbred, uninspired, rehashed versions of things that could be potentially great...

That says it all... CALL A PRODUCER... NOW !!!! :loco:

Kevin Moore's lyrics and melodies were all over the place, especially on IAW (aka maybe the best album of all times). Yeah.. I know *whine, whine whine*, but I just can't help it.

+infinity, I'm just glad I didn't have to be the one to say it again! :lol:

+infinity, I'm just glad I didn't have to be the one to say it again! :lol:
When you need to say it call me and I'll do it. Me and my brothers keep discussing about it at home and I'm never tired of saying that. I was watching some old DVDs from DT the other day and it make me think 2 things: James, stop screaming everytime and go take some sing classes. Kevin, come back PLEEZE.

Yeah, I actually just went on an I&W listening spree last week, and god, it's just so fucking good...undoubtedly one of my all-time top-10 albums, maybe even top-5!

It s a wordlwide fact.

Kevin Moore wrote all of I&W.

He was a geniouss !

Perfect blend of melodic genious and virtuositry !!

Jordan Rudess keyboard patches suck donkey crap !

Jordan Rudess raped my childhood !

Anyway, Circus Maximus is now ten times the band DT ever was .

Long live the cheese and goudha !!!

:kickass: