Types of metal music

frankcop

New Metal Member
Sep 26, 2012
Hi I am Frank from Croatia, is currently doing some research about types of music, I'm looking for types of Metal music. What types of metal music you know? What is your favorite types of Metal music?
I found only this list of types of Metal music
Types of Metal Music
Music Genres

I hope that you will help me, thank you;)

This is research for my student project

Opinions and preferences are going to vary wildly, but I only listen to the more melodic style with clean vocals. Seventh Wonder, Circus Maximus, Threshold and Lost in Thought would be good examples.

By the way, Dubrovnik is fantastic!

:lol:. I was like that when I first got into metal, but I realized that that is just fucking stupid. lol listen to more styles of metal

As prefaced in my original post, opinions and preferences (probably should have said tastes) will vary wildly. This is my personal preference! I've never really cared for other types of metal. I simply responded to the op inquiring about favorite types of metal.

death metal is the best metal. speed, brutality, groove, and ultra-low growling vocals.

As prefaced in my original post, opinions and preferences (probably should have said tastes) will vary wildly. This is my personal preference! I've never really cared for other types of metal. I simply responded to the op inquiring about favorite types of metal.

and I stated my personal preference too

My favorite genre would be death metal and my favorite form of that would have to be brutal death/slam.

There are tons of metal sub-genres....many with sub-genres of their own. Really dig in for your research...

It's hard for me to pick between black metal and death metal, and sometimes I switch sides, but id say black metal gets my vote by a hair. I feel as though the defining factors of the genre allow for high versatility and diverse compositions that result in a lot of unique standout works. I look for good atmosphere in my music and black metal is just about unrivaled (and imo it is) in this respect.

But then again you always have heavy metal bands like Judas Priest and Manilla Road, and death metal bands like Immolation and Demilich and The Chasm that seduce and sway my decision.

It's hard for me to pick between black metal and death metal, and sometimes I switch sides, but id say black metal gets my vote by a hair. I feel as though the defining factors of the genre allow for high versatility and diverse compositions that result in a lot of unique standout works. I look for good atmosphere in my music and black metal is just about unrivaled (and imo it is) in this respect.

:kickass: +1