Ulrich.VS Lombardo

Whos better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dän;5940365 said:
That drumming really isnt that special. Lombardo is good but far from anything great. He is fast, has awesome fills and good ideas for songs which makes then so much better; but so was Lars; the drumming on Justice is far more verstaile than anything Lombardo has done with Slayer.

no

Dän;5939544 said:
Lars cant use double kick any more; his work on albums like Justice is fantastic though.

Has anyone heard Dyers Eve when they played it live a couple of times, he doesnt even do the double kick in the verse, and it's not even that quick.

I heard the double kick on Dyers Eve is overdubbed.

Dän;5940365 said:
That drumming really isnt that special. Lombardo is good but far from anything great. He is fast, has awesome fills and good ideas for songs which makes then so much better; but so was Lars; the drumming on Justice is far more verstaile than anything Lombardo has done with Slayer.

I could agree, but the fact remains that technically Ulrich sucks. See him playing live.

Lombardo has good ideas and is more technical, that's why I voted him.

The thing about early Lars was he was very musical. You could listen to the drum parts by themselves, and they made symmetrical, listenable SONGS.

I think Lars is just about the worst metal drummer of all time. He's milquetoast. So bland. He can keep time, but that's it. His rhythms are boring and he never does anything interesting.

Lombardo, on the other hand, is brilliant. I'm not too familiar with his work from Slayer because I hate that band (cannot STAND Araya's voice), but he was amazing working with John Zorn and playing in Fantomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.