Ulver

Nightmarez said:
Sadly, I have yet to check out this band.:erk:

Which of the trilogy you all speak of do you reccomend me obtaining first?:)

The trilogy starts with 'Bergtatt'. That's where you should start.

Mind-blowing!

Then get the next two:

'Kveldssanger'
and
'Nattens Madrigal'

Definitely start with Bergtatt for the trilogie, the other two carry forth in completely different directions. Kveldssanger is all acoustic, Nattens Madrigal is both grim and tr00. :D

Josh you're missing Vargnatt (their long oop demo), Teachings in Silence (which is the two Silence EPs on one disc), and the Quick Fix EP is the forthcoming release, sometime soon I think...?

You have to admit though, the sound is torturous...:lol: come on, lets forget being 'tr00' just for a second and be 'real' instead. :lol:

I won't give up though. :cool:

You sound like me when I first got the album. After quite a few listens I really liked it but still bitched about the production, but after awhile I realized that a clear production would kill its mystique. Read the lyrics and liner notes, toward the end they mention how in order to truly capture the beast in man, a most violent musical expression must be used.

I sound like an Ulver whore, I know, but I guess I am. :)

Yeah I'm just messin'. I need to give it a chance - right conditions and all that. Don't worry I have not written it off by any means - its reputation precedes it.

When I heard it, it was a hot summer day and I was driving down the highway. It just wasn't 'Madrigal conditions. :)

You know, the best music to play in the car is brain dead music. You know, the shit that you don't have to concentrate on, like power metal or whatever.

On vinyl only, it's supposed to come out on June 24th. I haven't seen it listed on their site though.

First time I listened to Nattens was driving up the coast on a hot summer day, I almost threw it out the window. :)

NAD said:
First time I listened to Nattens was driving up the coast on a hot summer day, I almost threw it out the window. :)

Same thing happened with me & Bathory's Twillight of the Gods! Except I did throw it out the window. :lol:

TTMF'NT :)

A Quick Fix of Melancholy is awesome, I am very much looking foward to a proper release featuring this particular incarnation of the group. Apparently the Svidd Negr soundtrack comes out 9/15...?

http://www.displeasedrecords.com is allegedly selling the Svidd Neger soundtrack already, who knows if it's the official release though.

My Vargnatt is #29/1000, but The End promised if you forked out the cash for the EP and the tshirt they'd give you a low numbered one.

Did you ever get into Nattens by the way?