Ummm does anyone know what Opeth is up to?

Schmuckatelly

Jan 4, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
The website hasn't been updated in a long long time and I've been eager and curious as to whats up with Opeth. How is the new record progressing? What label have they found if any. Just some kind of news. I can't visit a message board every day ya know.

So if anybody knows anything, hook a brotha up.

Thanks.

Moonlapse said:
Apparently they have 90 minutes of new material written and recorded (as in demo-quality, I presume).

To hear you say that gets me so fucking excited!

here you go Luz and others

This is taken from that site you have mentioned before:
Hey kids, F-P-E was contacted today by Opeth guitarist/frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt. We LOVE Opeth!

Mikael reports that Opeth has almost 100 minutes of new music recorded and that the band is currently rehearsing and shopping for a new record label to call home.

Mike is using D'Addario Strings to rock Opeth style!

Stay tuned!

Maybe 'The Almighty' and Peter are rehearsing, as for Martín López and Martín Méndez are in Uruguay right now.

\m/

Luz.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Thane
yeah i wouldn't be surprised to see Opeth on Relapse, Metalblade, Nuclear Blast or other labels like that.
I found some new info on Opeths status just recently: http://www.f-p-e.com/?200501 scroll down on this page a bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike is using D'Addario Strings to rock Opeth style!

hahahahaha!!!! That is the fucking WORST shameless advertising plug I have ever seen!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
ROCK OPETH STYLE EVERYONE!!!!!

dear god I need professional help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeVice said:
i think maybe he meant "to read that"

He did, although I did put on an australian accent and pretend to be Moonlapse and read his post to myself

Everyone thinks I get the info direct from the band or somethin' :lol:. I tell ya this mod gig doesn't have alot of benefits. I struggle to get in touch with the admins as much as anyone! (minus Deron, he's cool).

Provided the shameless D'dario plug guys aren't talking out of their asses, this means once Opeth land a record deal we should see an album being recorded real soon.