Under the rain, into the wood

Slynt

Lord and Liar
May 31, 2001
Norway
Visit site
To my total amazement I decided to *walk* home from work today, taking a shortcut through the forest which surrounds my humble abode.
It's autumn, and there was heavy rain. The path was covered in yellow and green leaves.
Inspired, I began humming, whistling, and came up with some lines for a lyric.

While in the woods, I thought "Man, 'My Arms Your Hearse' must be a great album to listen to while walking here", but none of the songs really entered the mind, because I just couldn't stop thinking of the songs from Anathema's debut album "Serenades".

Conclusion:
"Serenades" is a perfect album for wet forest.

Other autumn albums would be 'Morningrise', 'My Arms Your Hearse', Paradise Lost's first two discs, and what more do we have?

Vinterland-Welcome My Last Chapter fits in the autumn mode for sure.

Paradise Lost-Icon is also an album that I fell is totaly autumnish. It's the embodiment of a truly dark halloween as far as i'm concerned. Especially Christendom, or the last track, which I cannot recall the name of at the moment.

If ou live near forests or nature, Autumn can be one of the most inspiring times of year. I wish I wasn't in this ugly city, I might actually be able to put my camera to some artistic use again. Ah well......

I always called CoF's Principle of Evil Made Flesh a blustery winter(y) day, since I walked around Whitby, England listening to that (just wandered the residential areas)..

A Warm Place by NIN has always been an autumn song for me.

MAYH matches to almost everything because it's tailored to do so :D