Opeth touring Scandinavia in 2008

Slynt

Lord and Liar
May 31, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Will it happen? When will it happen? Should it happen? When will dates be announced? Will Oslo get a six hour gig, or two sets, one regular and one a complete performance of "My Arms Your Hearse" while Swedish nude models crawl on their knees among the audience with pretzels and beer on their backs, giving free blow-jobs?

With all the US tour dates, it seems we can't expect Opeth to play in Sweden/Finland/Denmark/Norway until the summer probably fall, which I guess will coincide with the new, ninth album ("Songs from an Ochre-field").

While we await the confirmation of Scandi tour dates, let's send some good thoughts to the band about the coming year with the new line-up, wishing them luck, and subliminally whisper it would be awesome to hear The Moor live...

Opeth touring Scandinavia would be cool, they got more fans there than in America (I guess), and the countries are better. But I'd rather see an European tour, I want to see them too! I would like to go to Scandinavia and see them but I'm not a rich bastard. Maybe they could do more gigs in the north, but they just need to have a concert here, in the Netherlands.

I hope I can get a ticket if they come, they will be gone pretty fast.

Yup, but I'd prefer to witness it myself instead of a pixelfest on YouTube o_O

Wouldn't mind seeing them in the Netherlands either if they happen to be there while I'm there hehe.

Nice post! Funny shit, except for "Should it happen?".. wtf?! :)
Btw, you didnt miss mikes answere here, right?

Right now it kinda feels like US is the only thing that matters, roadrunner has taken our beloved Opeth from us scandinavians and they will never tour here again. :cry:
Of course this isnt true, I'm just jealous and am awaiting the next gig here very impatiently.

well they play in sweden at least once a year (when touring). Other scandinavian countries have been somewhat neglected since 2003 (not counting festivals)

Norway hasn't been neglected, they played the Inferno festival in 2003 (awesome concert), then played two more shows in Oslo since then (one of them was awesome they played 'April Ethereal' so good I came right there in my pants, the other one.. well.. I fell asleep on the couch before going :mad:).
I also believe they played in Bergen on the Hole in the Sky festival.
So I can't complain, and I am not complaining, but you know, it's Opeth's fault for being so damn good. :kickass:

Right now it kinda feels like US is the only thing that matters, roadrunner has taken our beloved Opeth from us scandinavians and they will never tour here again

actually, Roadrunner is originally a Dutch company, still are I think ... so they should play in the Netherlands all the time now ;) would be cool, since I live there now for a couple of years.

but nice post indeed hehe, thought it would be one of those whiny posts again, but you gave a nice spinn to it :headbang:
the European tour will be announced pretty soon I guess, perhaps may-june (crap, I'm in Syria then), and then the festivals (crap, still in Syria till the end of July, and in August I'll probably have way too much work to do and not enough money to go anywhere) ... so my best hope is for a European tour in september-october ................................. :(
stop whining you lucky sons of bitches who will get to see them performing new stuff a couple of times in the coming months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(it's the jealousy talking)

:cry:aww man when I clicked on the post I expected to see tour dates...:cry:..anyway I really hope they come by Copenhagen this year..that would be wonderful:kickass: