Underground Bands

Holy Webland

May 16, 2003
Turkey
www.orphaned-land.com
Hello to everyone.

I believe that there are many unknown good bands in the world. Lets know and listen them. Write your favorite underground band in this thread. Let's start...

One of my favorite underground band is Blaakyum from Lebanon. You can get more information at http://www.blaakyum.com

And I put a mp3 to FTP. You can access to it via http://www.prizmabilgisayar.com/orphaned_land/ali/blaakyum-am_i_black.mp3

And dont forget to rate this song by 10 points

...with Love

Blaakyam are good!!! They have a really great feeling in their music. They are really worthy of supporting them!!! I'll give them a 10!!! :headbang:

My favorite underground band as you all have by now realized in here is "Funeral Revolt" from Greece :) . You can download and listen to their "Battle Art" song from here ftp://avaton.no-ip.biz/# Mp3 Library/

hmmmmmm...
my favorite underground band is Excessum, well.. actually that's my band.. :cool:
we play melodic death-thrash metal or something like that...
enter the site and listen to the songs there, there's one studio recording - Fake Shadow
and the others are from a rehearsal...
check them out!
anyway, in a month we will record an E.P. including 5 songs...
www.excessum.evil.co.il

other underground bands..
the Turkish Cidesphere excellent Melodic-Progressive Death Metal...
you should check them out, but i'm not sure they have songs in their website.
www.cidesphere.net

Hatesphere (they are not underground, but still, very few people know them)
once again, melodic death-thrash metal..
from Denmark
great band, lisen to them!
www.hatesphere.com

i know lots of other good bands, but they all play death\thrash and stuff
so i'll leave you with this 3.

Don't know really if theses bands are still considered "underground", but Skyclad is my favorite "not-getting-the-success-they-deserve" band.
They're english and play folk-metal (mostly old-school heavy with a fiddle), great lyrics, great on-stage performers ; if you ever come across Prince of the Poverty Line, you'll get a pretty good overview of what they're able to create.

There's also that Polish band called Darzamat, though I lost sight of them something like 4 years ago.

I'm listening to Victim of Society, and it's pretty good... currently downloading the rest of the songs :)

I'm happy you liked FR brothers!!!:headbang: Yeah there are a lot into Anathema, Paradise Lost, Moonspell and influenced by some electrodark-gothic bands. :)

The FR singer also holds a 2 member elecrodark project titled "Iambia". If you're into elecro style you can visit the "Iambia" website to take a listen to them also at http://www.iambia.net/

Iambia is amazing... I like electronic music. I love Scooter from Germany and Pills from France :)

And new underground band from me... Melek Taus

I want to tell something about him, because you will cannot find any information on internet...

He is a guy from Germany, he has one album called "Expulsion From The Realms Of Light" (1996). This album definitely a masterpiece... It has 4 songs only. But all songs are GREAT. I dont know his status now, but after the album, he started to give music lessons. And he has a music company. But he didnt make music now...

I uploaded my favorite Melek Taus song called "We Unite". You must listen it. Only piano and death vocal...

http://www.prizmabilgisayar.com/orphaned_land/mp3/melek_taus-we_unite.mp3

I downloaded some of the songs you recommended and I liked Blaakyum's "Am I Black" the most. Funeral Revolt's "Battle Art" is also good :headbang: I'll soon try the other song too.
And about Melek Taus... "We Unite" has a simple melody but I also liked it much. However on another site someone said they are (or just "he is"?) from Sweden. :err:
So I gave these points:
Funeral Revolt: 7.5
Melek Taus: 8
Blaakyum: 9

Hey Dreamcell, Funeral Revolt sounded really great!

I'd like to introduce two folk metal bands myself.

The first is User Ne, a black/death metal band from Spain, they're mixing metal with flamenco tunes, their last album "Tarantos" is just fantastic. They have some songs on their website: www.userne.net

The other band is a heavy folk metal band from Estonia, Metsatöll. It might sound as the vocalist of the band couldn't really sing, but I still like their sound a lot. Go to their homepage www.metsatoll.ee , it seems like the links for the mp3's don't work, but if you want to know how they sound, get the video of "Hundi loomine" ("The Making of the Wolf"), it's one of their folkiest and best songs anyway.

So please check these two bands out, they're really worth it (at least that's my opinion)! :)

Ok, I Heard this and that about a certain person named "MIRI from DISTORTED"
like she sang with OL on the "PURIM" concert in the Theater Club and designed the OL pendant I have around my neck.
so I dug up a bit and I found the distorted website...after looking at the pictures of the band I realized I've seen them at the Theater Club show in JUNE...so my guess is
Distorted are Good friends of OL.
Miri Milman(from Distorted) appearently has a voice of an angel.
listen for yourselves, great music and great vocals

http://distortedband.com/

I liked "Is It The Wind" and "Illusive" and "Dishate" most.

Holy Webland said:
My beloved brother, I have uploaded full album of Melek Taus.

Thousand thanks for uploading the songs my brother!!! You rule!!! :worship:

Melek Thaus are great!!! :headbang:
melekthaus.jpg

poolvärd said:
I'd like to introduce two folk metal bands myself.
The first is User Ne, a black/death metal band from Spain
The other band is a heavy folk metal band from Estonia, Metsatoll.

Thanks a lot for sharing these 2 bands with us brother. :)

I liked Metsatoll, they have a good metal/folk feeling, but what can i say about User Ne... :OMG: i really loved their music!!! Where did they been hiding all this time!!! Brothers this is really a killer band...i must have both of their albums and fast!!! :headbang:

Please brother if you have others bands like User Ne please share them also with us!!! Thank you!!! :worship:

It's great you liked them, Dreamcell. User Ne are doing a great trilogy (story-wise) with their albums, the third one is already in making. I also think that it's great that they sing in a language invented by themselves. I have both their albums as mp3's (still working on getting the original of at least "Tarantos"), I don't have any place to put them up myself, but show me a place and it will be done!

As for bands similar to them, I really don't know any, they're pretty unique-sounding I guess.

u know lebanese bands ???!!!! coolll ... well for any brutal fans there another great band they r called ." OATH TO VANQUISH" and they play also heavy and trash under the name of " ARMORY"...
infact we have lots of local bands but few of great one....if !!
check www.lebbands.com i think u can download some musik from there and my advice goes to malegiant amour for " cimmerian path" an x-band
and www.OATH-TO-VANQUISH.COM TRY [HUMAN SPLEEN BURGER ]:loco: