Underground Bands

poolvärd said:
It's great you liked them, Dreamcell. User Ne are doing a great trilogy (story-wise) with their albums, the third one is already in making. I also think that it's great that they sing in a language invented by themselves. I have both their albums as mp3's (still working on getting the original of at least "Tarantos"), I don't have any place to put them up myself, but show me a place and it will be done!As for bands similar to them, I really don't know any, they're pretty unique-sounding I guess.

They sure is a great band!!! I'll do a little search myself, maybe i can find something of them distribute in Greece. As soon as i have some good news i'll let you know brother. ;)
it will also be great to listen the mp3 collection you have of User Ne. You could upload them on my ftp but server unfortunately it's shut down for the moment. In a couple of weeks it will be powered on again. Maybe you can upload them at that time? Thank you very much brother!!! :worship: :)

Dreamcell said:
They sure is a great band!!! I'll do a little search myself, maybe i can find something of them distribute in Greece. As soon as i have some good news i'll let you know brother. ;)
it will also be great to listen the mp3 collection you have of User Ne. You could upload them on my ftp but server unfortunately it's shut down for the moment. In a couple of weeks it will be powered on again. Maybe you can upload them at that time? Thank you very much brother!!! :worship: :)

No problem, just tell me when I'm needed! :)

And another band from me... Mesmerize from Italy. When I started to listen them, they had one demo only... Now they have 2 albums :) Woowww

If you like Italian power metal, you must listen this legendary band. For more information go to http://www.mesmerize.it

And for mp3s:

The Werewolf from "Tales of Wonder (Demo)" album
Flatliners from "Tales of Wonder (Demo)" album
Vultures Paradise from "Vultures Paradise" album

oh I know feather fall. I've seen them once and they were good. I especially liked the vocalist. I think he also sings (or used to sing?) in another band called Dethrone?

UnConscious said:
oh I know feather fall. I've seen them once and they were good. I especially liked the vocalist. I think he also sings (or used to sing?) in another band called Dethrone?
oh I have no idea about it..but I'll ask my friend

I downloaded The Werewolf. To be honest, I didn't like it very much. I think it contains a lot of "cliché" riffs. Also, the vocal is not so good. Maybe I'm just too fussy about power metal, I don't know.

I just have to add another band. It's Lumsk from Norway :hotjump: . A folk metal band again. Their music is just so beautiful, it's growing more and more on me. You can download a few samples and videos from here

Hey poolvard, Lumsk sound very folk...music taken from another past time...:)
Where do you find these beautiful bands...are you a musical producer or something?
Post other too if you have ok? Thanks!!! :)

There is a good site for underground (and not so underground) bands that can be searched by country, genre etc. www.metal-archives.com . For example a search of Israel brings up 78 bands, Turkey 96 bands Greece 292 bands (wow!) and Ireland a modest 50 bands.

Thought this may be useful...

Dreamcell said:
Hey poolvard, Lumsk sound very folk...music taken from another past time...:)
Where do you find these beautiful bands...are you a musical producer or something?
Post other too if you have ok? Thanks!!! :)

Glad you liked Lumsk. :)
I get those bands from reviews on the site Metalstorm and by searching on the site Tye already wrote about.

About other bands, hmm, there might be 2 other underground folk metal bands I'd recommend checking out.
The first is Korpiklaani from Finland. I love their music before they changed their name from Shaman to Korpiklaani, as the only singing they had bach then was yoiking, sounded great. Well, you can't get any samples from those yoik albums, but their last album is also a very nice piece of music. Their singer has by the way worked with Finntroll, one of the best folk metal bands ever!
The other band is Eluveitie from Switzerland, they only have one EP, but their music is really nice.

That's all from me now, hope you like what I had to offer! :D