Underground Bands

DarksomePoet

Il Poeta di Morte
I'm opening this thread with an unique purpose:
to talk about underground bands made of Borknagar fans, or underground bands similar to Borknagar.

So, I could know in this way some very good bands here (for example: Tyr from Faroe Island!).

Anyone of you who has a band and plays, can post here informations about his/her band and, most important, can discuss and post impressions about other bands.
It's a good thread, I think.

:headbang:

So, I begin.

I'm a singer,
and I have a death-metal band in borknagar/dissection/at the gates style.

We are from Italy and our name is GAIA'S VESTIGE.

We are going to record a full-lenght release, since up to now we only have an old demo-cd.

If you want, you can download 2 LIVE VIDEOS, recorded at MAC2 (Vicenza), Italy. We played there together with the famous italian black-metal band OPERA IX!

You can follow these links:

A Vernal Rest Descent
and
Blinded By Fear

...or you can directly see our website clickin' our banner.

Let me know your impressions,
post your band's links, and
support underground!

Hails, nice thread.

Well, sticking to the topic. I play bass and rhythm guitars in the melodic black metal band Aegrimonia. The drummer (who's username for UM is "Aegrimonia") and I are very huge Borknagar fans. Really, Borknagar was one of the first metal bands that got me in into true metal the way I am now.

A little information about the band-

We all write music/lyrics for the band so really, we have lots of diversity. For example, our Demo- Slaughter in Winter (which only needs to be recorded as all of the songs are 100% written) is pretty raw black metal with some occasional synyth and nylon string guitar-driven passages. The style really reflects Rob (our lead guitar/vocalist)'s writing style. We have three songs so far written for the next release, two of which I have written so far. I'm very influenced by Vintersorg/Ulver/Borknagar and it really shows. We still keep it grim, but theres a heavy folk and epic influence.

Borknagar is getting better with age, I am a huge fan of all of their releases, and from what I've heard off of Epic, its going to be groundbreaking.

(See my signature or go to www.aegrimonia.tk for more info, also look us up on metal archives if you care to)

DarksomePoet said:
So, I begin.

I'm a singer,
and I have a death-metal band in borknagar/dissection/at the gates style.

We are from Italy and our name is GAIA'S VESTIGE.

We are going to record a full-lenght release, since up to now we only have an old demo-cd.

If you want, you can download 2 LIVE VIDEOS, recorded at MAC2 (Vicenza), Italy. We played there together with the famous italian black-metal band OPERA IX!

You can follow these links:

A Vernal Rest Descent
and
Blinded By Fear

...or you can directly see our website clickin' our banner.

Let me know your impressions,
post your band's links, and
support underground!

hey man, I've downloaded your videos - you put on a good show, I find them highly enjoyable!

plus i downloaded Winter is Law, its really good.

I used to be in an Atonal Brown Metal band called Satan's Arse. It was really more of a joke band than anything.

These days, I play in non-metal bands for some dough, and just write material (non-joke material) for some project down the road. It'd be nice to be able to cobble a group together, but it's nearly logistically impossible around here---was easier 10 years ago. I'll post something someday. In the meantime, keep up the good work--somebody has to be churning out some new metallic tunes.

erm..well a sort of borknagar sounding band are ensiferum from finland

http://www.ensiferum.com

Go on that link, enter the site and click on downloads on the left. you can download samples from both of their albums. I think along with finntroll they are the best band from finland at the moment. Check them out they are excellent.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

I play guitar for serpens aeon (ex The Chasm and Drawn and Quartered) you can find our CD on moribund records. We've been in alot of recent metal publications and have gotten pretty good reviews...10/10 in anvil zine (formerly SOD zine), metal maniacs, Terrorizer, and more. We play old school death metal, but throw in some iron maiden type of harmonies now and again ;)

I also play drums for a BM band called Inquinok, debut CD is being mixed and mastered as I type. We'll be putting it out ourselves so if you want a copy or want to do some distribution in your store or something, email or PM me. Sound wise, people have compared us to Emperor, but I really think we have a more unique sound thats catchy but very fast.

Dantven said:
I play guitar for serpens aeon (ex The Chasm and Drawn and Quartered) you can find our CD on moribund records. We've been in alot of recent metal publications and have gotten pretty good reviews...10/10 in anvil zine (formerly SOD zine), metal maniacs, Terrorizer, and more. We play old school death metal, but throw in some iron maiden type of harmonies now and again ;)

I also play drums for a BM band called Inquinok, debut CD is being mixed and mastered as I type. We'll be putting it out ourselves so if you want a copy or want to do some distribution in your store or something, email or PM me. Sound wise, people have compared us to Emperor, but I really think we have a more unique sound thats catchy but very fast.
Are you a full time member of Serpens Aeon now? I saw you play with them at Seattle Death Fest and you guys were definitely great!

well i play in a death/black thrash band called Eternal Frost. no borknagar influence unfortunately , cause everyone in my band listens to cannibal corpse and shit like that. I play bass also. we do shows around town , but have no demo out. personally i would perfer to have just a black metal band ( not a big fan of death metal).....so if anyone needs a good bass player to be in a black metal band , im ready!lol

hello all. i am the singer/guitarists/vox/drummer of the band existentialism. we are from the states. thrash/speed with black metal vocals. we been around since 2001. recorded four albums and one ep in our first year but after that the members i used kind of disperse so now i pretty much do everything in the band with session for live. you can visit us at http://www.exsittonull.com you can find info about the band etc album i'm going to tear it down so i can put both of my bands up there. the other is arc light and that is more extreme black/thrash/ some death influence. anyways that's about it. we are in the u.s check it out :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

It's hard to call this "like Borknagar", but I think I've been very heavily influenced over the years by them, Dimmu, Vintersorg, Arcturus and the like. I think it shows, too, even though the stuff I do is a bit heavier. It shows in subtle ways I think. This music is like... take Borknagar, add a little more goth to it (but only on occasion), change the clean vox parts to female vox, and then have the guy from Pantera do the rhythm guitar work :) That's probably a horrible analogy, but something like that, anyway :)

I'm working towards a full-length demo CD, but it's still a ways off. Here's the first significant contribution to that CD...

A Different Sun - "Wilted Sanity"

I'd appreciate any comments anyone would like to share, good or bad. It's surprising how difficult it has been to get opinions.

~Robert

ADS said:
It's hard to call this "like Borknagar", but I think I've been very heavily influenced over the years by them, Dimmu, Vintersorg, Arcturus and the like. I think it shows, too, even though the stuff I do is a bit heavier. It shows in subtle ways I think. This music is like... take Borknagar, add a little more goth to it (but only on occasion), change the clean vox parts to female vox, and then have the guy from Pantera do the rhythm guitar work :) That's probably a horrible analogy, but something like that, anyway :)

I'm working towards a full-length demo CD, but it's still a ways off. Here's the first significant contribution to that CD...

A Different Sun - "Wilted Sanity"

I'd appreciate any comments anyone would like to share, good or bad. It's surprising how difficult it has been to get opinions.

~Robert

ei man, I love the name of your band... ill dl the sample asap