Underrated albums

Necromunchkin

Lord of the Whisky
Sep 21, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
Name some of the most underrated yet brilliant albums in your music collection preferably but not limited to metal. Basically the stuff that to you is damned good but never seemed to get much attention critically. Some of mine:

Angelcorpse- "Exterminate" I never understood why so many death metal fans didn't get into this band.

Defleshed "Fast Forward" death thrash. Sure the recording values aren't that great, but the playing is razor sharp.

Carpathian Forest "Black Shining Leather" The way I tend to like my black metal, dark and painful and well executed.

Angelwitch "Angelwitch"- one of the best NWOBHM bands ever.

Dawnbringer "Unbleed'- shitty recording values, you couldn't buy a tank a gas on what was probably spent in the studio, but damned if the songcraft isn't brilliant. One of the best bands no one has ever heard of.

Anyhow, your turn. What's the best stuff no one else seems to think is best?

Necromunchkin said:
Angelcorpse- "Exterminate" I never understood why so many death metal fans didn't get into this band.

AGREED!!!!

Mines are:

-Kreator - Endorama (I love this album... perfect for summer nights!)
-Invocator - Excursion Demise (Incredibly competent thrash)
-Poltergeist - Behind My Mask (see Above)

Is it me or does the first Nevermore have fucked up production. Some songs have a certain production, some have the other. Some production on the songs is fine while the other muddy and bad. I've downloaded it twice so I'm thinking it's the actual album. It was does take away from the album a lot. Can someone clear this up.

I totally agree with the s/t Nevermore. Also I think Beyond the Emrace's Insect Song and Sanctuary's Refuge Denied are pretty underrated too.

<-- my avatar, kiss- music from the elder.
only because its a concept album with a lot more musical value than most other kiss (sexpartysexparty kiss), so 99% of kiss fans say its crap. and most who would like it just haven't heard it because its kiss.

The Greys said:
Is it me or does the first Nevermore have fucked up production. Some songs have a certain production, some have the other. Some production on the songs is fine while the other muddy and bad. I've downloaded it twice so I'm thinking it's the actual album. It was does take away from the album a lot. Can someone clear this up.
maybe you should buy the album :)

CORONER - MENTAL VORTEX AND GRIN

Tommy Vetterli probably the most underrated metal guitarist too....I saw a nod to "Endorama" back a little bit...he was also the guitarist on that.

Wolftribe said:
maybe you should buy the album :)

I'm not buying anything until I know there is not 2 different production jobs throughout the album. I'm not saying mp3 quility either. I noticed two different production jobs on it that are very noticibly different. I downloaded the album a few times, I don't know.

Mad Season - Above
Temple of the Dog - S/T
Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi
Balance of Power - Heathen Machine
Badlands - Dusk
Evergrey - Solitude. Dominance. Tragedy.
Queensryche - The Warning
Amorphis - Tuonela
Ark - Ark

Zod

General Zod said:
Mad Season - Above
Temple of the Dog - S/T
Tad Morose - Modus Vivendi
Balance of Power - Heathen Machine
Badlands - Dusk
Evergrey - Solitude. Dominance. Tragedy.
Queensryche - The Warning
Amorphis - Tuonela
Ark - Ark

Zod

Hell, any BADLANDS. Glad to see you mention "The Warning".

Can someone clear this up.

your a wally.........!!!!!

change your eq setting for the bass..