Underrated and Rare Bands

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
Which are the most underrated bands or rare bands. Perhaps we all can discover some good bands.

Here is some:
RAGE
RIOT ('Thundersteel' and 'Priviege Of Power' are awesome)
SCANNER (German Speed Metal, late 80's and 90's)
CHROMING ROSE (German Speed Metal, late 80's and 90's)
JAG PANZER
ANGELDUST

I've been listening to Rage and Jag Panzer for over 5 years now.
Rage's musicianship is phenomenal but there is just something about those vox that never fully "sit right" in my mind.

Which are the most underrated bands or rare bands. Perhaps we all can discover some good bands.

Here is some:
RAGE
RIOT ('Thundersteel' and 'Priviege Of Power' are awesome)
SCANNER (German Speed Metal, late 80's and 90's)
CHROMING ROSE (German Speed Metal, late 80's and 90's)
JAG PANZER
ANGELDUST

damn I'm getting old :p

I still own pretty much everything by all of these bands

actually, just listening to Angel Dust yesterday :headbang:

Criminal
Mercenary (Dunno how known/unknown these guys are here? Certainly no one in England seems to know them!)
Carnal Forge (Again, never heard them mentioned on the forum)
Disarmonia Mundi
Evile
Zimmer's Hole

I may be well out of line with a few of these I guess! lol

Act of Rage!
Confessor is too underrated, new and old stuff.
Drive
Incubus (the one that did Beyond the Unknown)

The only Jag Panzer album I really dig is "Thane to the Throne," everything else is too cheesy for me (but TttT is pretty damn good)

Here's my biggest: PAIN OF SALVATION, specifically "One Hour by the Concrete Lake," "The Perfect Element I," and "Remedy Lane," in that order (though the second two are pretty much tied)

Here's my biggest: PAIN OF SALVATION.

Try as I might, I could just NEVER get into these guys.

as for other underrated bands, don't know if it really fits the catagory but I would have to say one of my all time favorites is Virgin Steele. I think Dave is one of the best vocalist out there, they are all fantastic musicians and I think they have created some of the most epic and memorable songs/melodies ever

I watched Jag Panzer live with Chris Broderick, and the Kill!!, i did`t like it before that.

Another good and underrated german band is Sinner, definitely have some nice songs.
And another one Iron Savior, i like this band so much and the Sci Fi vibe.

Pyramaze, Civilization One, Graveworm, All Ends would have to be my contribution. I'm not sure how "popular" these bands are, but I have not met anybody who's known any of them before I told them.

I would strongly recommend Pyramaze- Legend of the Bone Carver if you like storytelling intertwined with some rockin' Iced Earth influenced power metal.
Civilization One is a great band, and as far as I know have only put out one album, which kicked ass.
Graveworm to me are symphonic black metal underdogs. I saw them with Vader, Kataklysm, and DESTRUCTION, where they blew me away.
I know I've seen All Ends mentioned on here before, but they are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine due to the severe feminine popness (although not too guilty, because the girls are SLAMMIN'! :headbang:)

Pyramaze is ok ... REALLY looking forward to hearing them with Urban singing (one of my all time favorite vocalists)

I thought I was the only one who knows Graveworm :D They're friggin badass!

another one for me would be the band Thought Industry. Mostly just the one cd "Songs for Insects" ... fucking brilliant disc. Didn't like too much of what they did after though

Here's my biggest: PAIN OF SALVATION, specifically "One Hour by the Concrete Lake," "The Perfect Element I," and "Remedy Lane," in that order (though the second two are pretty much tied)

What?!

Why isn't Be in that list?!

Agck... thats my favorite... not discounting the ones you mentioned, cause those are good too...

Are you going to see them when they come through with Dream Theater?

Yeah, I was more thinking "rare" when I mentioned 'em Keregioz

And I dunno, "Be" was alright and definitely had its moments, but too much on the weird/pretentious side, with songs that were too drawn out and got boring for me (e.g. "Breaching the Core") or were just totally skippable ("Nauticus/Drifting," I didn't really have a burning desire to hear Daniel getting his slave-chant on :erk: ) "Imago," "Dae Percuniae" (even if it is like a show-tune, I still dig it), and of course "Vocari Dei" are all great though! And Scarsick, ugghhh, talk about a maturity regression :Smug: (though once I was finally able to get over how fucking juvenile and whiny the lyrics were, the music has its moments)

Wuthering Heights,

Their album "Far From The Maddening Crowd" is some of the most schizophrenic shit i have ever heard for a Power metal band.
I dont think they repeat a single riff in the entire album.

Ofcourse as others mentioned; Rage does NOT get the recognition they deserve.