Underrated and Rare Bands

/\ /\ good one. didn't quite care for his samey-samey & kinda tame production of early CM bands though.

-----
I'll add:
Stone

I didn't know Darkane was really *underrated*, but I guess I never realized they were *rated* at all. I vote for Carnal Forge as well, especially the album they did with the singer from a FAAAR underrated band: SLAPDASH!

I also would like to list a couple others (at least I think they aren't very common...):
Extol
Anacrusis
Quo Vadis

Here's my biggest: PAIN OF SALVATION, specifically "One Hour by the Concrete Lake," "The Perfect Element I," and "Remedy Lane," in that order (though the second two are pretty much tied)

Completetely agree with you, except on one hour by the concrete lake that I didn't had the chance to listen yet. Be was ok, but too many non-music/boring moments IMO. Iter impius is one of my favorite songs ever though. And scarsick was pretty much boring, definitely a weak album IMO.

I think Swallow the sun are really underrated. They're one of the only bands I love every songs, well probably the only one.

Completetely agree with you, except on one hour by the concrete lake that I didn't had the chance to listen yet. Be was ok, but too many non-music/boring moments IMO. Iter impius is one of my favorite songs ever though. And scarsick was pretty much boring, definitely a weak album IMO.

I think Swallow the sun are really underrated. They're one of the only bands I love every songs, well probably the only one.

Concrete Lake is my favorite dude, definitely check it post-haste!

most of these bands are underrated for a reason, they don't appeal so much people.
I love Rage but I can understand why so many don't give a shit about them, they're too unique, they're melodic but at the same time got this heavy, really heavy, guitar sound.
People into death or thrash don't give a shit about them because they're too soft for "death thrash" sound, people into heavy metal don't give a shit because they're too heavy for the "classic metal" sound.

cheers

My 2 cents (not strictly metal but still) :

- Arson - Lacerate The Sky
- Strength in numbers - the veil
- Covenance - the wasting (e.p)
- Rag Men - s/t
- Seemless - what have we become
- Teamkiller - Bad Signs
- Bloodsimple - red harvest
- Animosity - animal
- Obscenity - cold-blooded murder / where sinners bleed
- Unfold - Aeon Aony
- Wisdom In Chains - Class War
- Temple of the dog - temple of the dog
- Mad season - above
- St. Hood - sanctified
- Irate - New York Metal
- Corpus Mortale - With Lewd Demeanor
- Catastrophic - Pathology Of Murder
- Eyeless : when shadows seduce (e.p) / path to the unknown / the game of fear / the diary
- Insision - (the whole discography)
- Down To Nothing - The Most
- Barcode - Showdown
- Pyrexia - the age of wicked
- Freya - As The Last Light Drains
- Alabama Thunderpussy - open fire
- Skarhead - kings at crime
- CKY - carver city
- Deviate - state of grace
- 100 demons - s/t
- Angel Crew - one life, one sentence

and also some more famous ones :

- Downset. - do we speak a dead language ?
- E Town Concrete - the renaissance / the second coming / made for war
- Will Haven - WHVN
- Vision of disorder - imprint / from bliss to devastation
- Glassjaw - everything you ever wanted to know about silence / worship and tribute
- Crowbar - Sonic Excess In Its Purest Form
- Hatesphere - ballet of the brute
- God Forbid - determination / gone forever
- Born from pain - war
- Merauder - (the whole discography)
- Burnt by the sun - soundtrack to the personal revolution / perfect is the enemy of the good
- Death Before Dishonor - better ways to die
- Incubus - (the whole discography) (talking about the mainstream rock fusion band, not the thrash/death band)
- Stuck Mojo - Rising
- Throwdown - venom & tears
- Severe Torture - fall of the despised
- Malevolent Creation - the will to kill / warkult
- Cave In - antenna / jupiter

Curious to hear if some of you know those albums and what you think of it.

Been mentioned, but again, Pain of Salvation.

I definitely prefer Remedy Lane and The Perfect Element over Concrete Lake though, Marcus (but I reckon it has its moments and I quite like the message in it).