Underrated and Rare Bands

Metallica

Blank-Polar_Bear_shield_eyes.jpg

:D

Yeah, I was more thinking "rare" when I mentioned 'em Keregioz

And I dunno, "Be" was alright and definitely had its moments, but too much on the weird/pretentious side, with songs that were too drawn out and got boring for me (e.g. "Breaching the Core") or were just totally skippable ("Nauticus/Drifting," I didn't really have a burning desire to hear Daniel getting his slave-chant on :erk: ) "Imago," "Dae Percuniae" (even if it is like a show-tune, I still dig it), and of course "Vocari Dei" are all great though! And Scarsick, ugghhh, talk about a maturity regression :Smug: (though once I was finally able to get over how fucking juvenile and whiny the lyrics were, the music has its moments)

I wasn't sure what the OP meant by "rare". If he meant unique then I agree.

And by the way I totally agree with you about "BE"...specially that slave chant...:yuk:. And scarsick was even worse.

un⋅der⋅rate
   /ˌʌndərˈreɪt/
–verb (used with object), -rat⋅ed, -rat⋅ing.
to rate or evaluate too low; underestimate.

;)

underrated as in great bands but not exactly well known or as popular as they should be

Metallica does not fit that description

you're from england, your command and understanding of the english language should be a little better than that ;)

I'm fuckin with you ... but only a little

underrated as in great bands but not exactly well known or as popular as they should be

Metallica does not fit that description

you're from england, your command and understanding of the english language should be a little better than that ;)

I'm fuckin with you ... but only a little

It's so good, I've even mastered the utilisation of a capital letter for the first letter of the first word of a sentence. ;)

I'm fuckin' with you ... but only a little :)

And I dunno, "Be" was alright and definitely had its moments, but too much on the weird/pretentious side, with songs that were too drawn out and got boring for me (e.g. "Breaching the Core") or were just totally skippable ("Nauticus/Drifting," I didn't really have a burning desire to hear Daniel getting his slave-chant on :erk: ) "Imago," "Dae Percuniae" (even if it is like a show-tune, I still dig it), and of course "Vocari Dei" are all great though! And Scarsick, ugghhh, talk about a maturity regression :Smug: (though once I was finally able to get over how fucking juvenile and whiny the lyrics were, the music has its moments)

I can't agree with that, simply because it was the album that got me into POS... but I do see your points... and Scarsick is definitely its own beast, while I don't completely love it, i don't not like it...

I can't agree with that, simply because it was the album that got me into POS... but I do see your points... and Scarsick is definitely its own beast, while I don't completely love it, i don't not like it...

Yeah, fair enough, Be was the second-to-last one I got (behind Scarsick), so I had decidedly different expectations coming into it!

And Keregioz, yeah, rare isn't quite accurate either - UNKNOWN is the word I was looking for

Nice!

Matt is actually a friendly acquaintance of mine ... same area so we run into each other at shows and such around here ... really good dude and ja, they're a great band

That is so cool, man :kickass: My fave is "in the violet fire". One of the best Heavy Metal songs ever for me. Great refrain, awesome vocals (Dickinson niveau, definitively!) I also love the Chris Poland contribution on Sunrise. Chris Poland is...:worship: :worship: :worship: