Underrated and Rare Bands

I only heard "Our Puzzling Encounters Considered"
I liked it, but preferred the stuff that was just sort of, non-stop repetitive guitar noises rather than anything that was attempting to have some sort of chaotic sense of melody (ie, 90% of the album)
But yeah, pretty good on the whole.

Here's another couple of recs
Miasma & The Carousel of Headless Horses - cool victorian/occult themed instrumental prog rock. very cool shit, got an album and an ep out.
Deli Creeps - for those with a warped sense of humour. check out the album "dawn of the deli creeps." horribly cheesy southern rock taking the piss out of rednecks, painfully funny, also features buckethead haha.
Byla - ambient music from colin marston of behold the arctopus and kevin hufnagel of dysrhythmia. some really pretty minimalist stuff and some massive wall of sound stuff on a couple of splits
Secret Chiefs 3 - explores world music, death metal, surf rock, experimental music, noise, classical music, film soundtrack type stuff, all in one band. basically mr bungle & co sans mike patton musically jerking off.

+1 on Secret Chiefs 3

A few others that come to mind:

Crowpath
Swarm of the Lotus
Architect (not Architects)
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Capharnaum
Theory in Practice

How the hell is Evile underrated or rare?

Love the Watchtower namedrop though <3

Evile is HUGELY underrated as a band. 90% of the people I talk to don't know of them and when they hear them they say Oh they are a Slayer Clone ..... pisses me off. Ol' fucking rocks m/

Evile kick ass \m/

And they come from the UK :D

Its a shame what happened to the bassist, he was fucking cool, and answered a lot of my messages when I bothered him haha

electric masada
john zorn and co doing jew jazz on electric instruments rather than acoustic
at the mountains of madness is essential listening
can never have too much jewish music.

Evile is HUGELY underrated as a band. 90% of the people I talk to don't know of them and when they hear them they say Oh they are a Slayer Clone ..... pisses me off. Ol' fucking rocks m/

agreed, Evile are sick, Ol has to be one of the best guitarists in metal at the moment.

and +1 to whoever mentioned Capharnaum, sick, sick tech death.