Underrated and Rare Bands

brutal australian death metal produced by aphotic mote from portal.

Last edited by a moderator:

they can give any metal band a run for their money when it comes to groove.

The Amenta are fucking incredible, they are somewhat known, but have nowhere near the level of recognition they deserve

Last edited by a moderator:
i was gonna go to the cephalic carnage gig in london, but im not gonna go now. the idea of being in a massive polluted city like london is deeply unpleasant right now and im gonna fuck off camping instead haha.

Pure Reason Revolution is a musical orgasm everyone should know about (not metal though).

Also, Woods of Ypres (black/doom) have 4 albums out (5 in a couple of weeks). Awesome indie band that deserves 23948752times more recognition than they have atm.

One more for Watchtower, and anything else Ron Jarzombek ever touched.

Pagan's Mind is probably the only chipmunk^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H power-metal band I can listen to - I've seen them mentioned a few times, but not enough.

Riverside (Polish progressive metal band) is great, but they seem to getting more popular - they started out very Porcupine Tree-ish, but their last album took a big step away and is perfect music to play Deus Ex to.

Jeff

Carbomb used to be a band called "Neck" outta NYC, I believe. Their prior work as Neck slays Carbomb, so see if you can get a hold of a few Neck CD's. Well worth it.

Cool, thx for the info, But I can't find them on the net, only some Celtic punk band by that name. I remember reading the singer was in a band called Neck and it was more of a Bungle influence? Is that right? I know he is a Patton fan!

Cool, thx for the info, But I can't find them on the net, only some Celtic punk band by that name. I remember reading the singer was in a band called Neck and it was more of a Bungle influence? Is that right? I know he is a Patton fan!

Found one of there cd's on Amazon! Really diggin it! Thanks Chris_P_Critter.

Another one I should have mentioned earlier... Vanden Plas. I actually started listening to them around the same time as Evergrey and it didn't take me long to start preferring Vanden Plas.

3 is another - The End Is Begun is great.

Jeff