Unfamous metal bands

-Bloodstorm (blackened thrash/thrashened black)
-Wasteform (NYDM with fuckin' crazy bass)
-122 Stab Wounds (good Norwegian atmo. black/death)
-Noctiferia (symphonic death/black)
-Vastion (some random weird death metal band with similar atmosphere to Demilich, except with a more brutal sound)
-Slugathor (really cool Finnish modern DM on a black metal label, sounds like Bolt Thrower + variation)
-Urgehal (nice fuckin' Norwegian BM; variates between normal BM, thrash, and doom parts)
-Saprogenic (Killer USDM with crazy tremolo riffs, a nice break from all the slam bands we have in USDM nowadays)
-Acid Enema (released a split with Xasthur, good USBM)
-Dripping (fucking weirdest band ever; crazy brutal deathgrind with random rap/techno/classical samples that somehow FIT...also heavy as all hell in the bass department)
-Visceral Evisceration (what the fuck holy underrated death/doom, batman)

Demiurge said:
122 Stab Wounds is good. I like the guitar sound on that one.

The one Dripping track I heard was total slam death with weird samples. Not my cup of tea.

Indeed, the tone on 122SB is pretty cool. Really hollow and I like the feeling it gives off. The vocals aren't as great, though, but the band is decent enough.

Dripping certainly aren't for everyone, especially people who have pushed the entire NYDM/slam death spectrum away. The samples are certainly the most unique part of the band, but the odd, atmospheric, chilling deep background gurgling coupled with the cathartic and punctuated screaming keep the listener on his/her feet. The bass drops are also quite the meteoric plunge, and there are some WHAT THE FUCK jazz breaks.

Resuscitator...started out as a real doomy bm band with some sick gutteral vocals then transformed into some real evil sounding black metal...kinda immortalish (?) maybe with keyboards. well, the guitar picking and vocals are quite similar to Immortal.

The Funeral Orchestra...hypnotic doom metal with bm vocals. Really crazy.

Sacramentum...truly underrated Swedish heavy black/death metal band. Better than Dissection if you ask me! I've gotten some people pretty pissed off for saying this! lol

Beatrik. Bleak, depressive black metal from Italy. Slaughters almost all bands in the 'suicide' BM department.

Mortuary Drape. Another Italian black metal band, playing old-school black metal in a highly effective and innovative way. Among the best I've heard.

Sorhin. Extremely energetic, refreshing Swedish black metal.

And a slew of early 90's death metal bands I can't really be bothered listing.

Portal, epic BM/DM from Sweden, not the DM band from Australia, who're like seriously half as good. They're on some cheesy Russian label I think, they shouldv'e been signed by a biggie long ago. Like old Borknagar mixed with Dissection's 'Somberlain', and very cool Viking backing vocals.

7 Angels, 7 Plagues, the greatest Christian HC/metalcore band, or any kind of metalcore band, of all time. Only released one album, but it has at least 4 of the 10 best breakdowns I've ever heard in my life. I'm gonna listen to it right now, actually.

Infernal Torment from Denmark, the best guitarist that nobody's ever heard of, really random samples and hilarious lyrics. They've got a song called 'Fuck The Wales'. Part Gothenberg, part old skool USDM, part 'Vulgar Display Of Power'.

Yeah, there is absolutely no inflection in 122. The vocals are exactly the same throughout. They should have recruited me to do them. Seriously, I'm not saying I'm a great vocalist, but I've more range than that. Do you share music online? I wouldn't mind sampling some Saprogenic or Vastion.

I like Tenebrae In Perpetuum better than Beatrik. It's got one of the Beatrik guys in it.