Unfamous metal bands

Demiurge said:
I got "Two" by Ordog and "Into the Old Forest" by Old Forest recently, and so far, they're both enjoyable. Wasn't aware of any decent UK BM until these two.

Heard Forefather?

Doomwatcher: Stormvold is recommended, though I don't think it's quite as good as Blod Draum.

Lemming Project is great. Maybe like Bolt Thrower mixed with old Therion.

Stormvold is much better than Blod Draum. The compositions are more confident and bizarre.

I'll mention Yamatu, my favorite USBM band by a wide margin.

Erik said:
Congratulations for being the other person in the world who's heard of this band. Indeed, the first track rules rules rules, and most of the others are pretty good as well. I wouldn't say "melodic death metal" is a completely fair description of their style, they have a fair amount of doom bits (My Dying Bride-esque) as well as keyboards leaning towards Thyrfing and stuff like that. It's rather soft stuff overall but they knew how to write memorable melodies and stuff, so eh.

You're right, melodic death metal doesn't justify the band. They're are not to be confused with a boring Gothenburg-clone. And i think your MDB-comparisons are quite fitting. Being a huge Thyrfing fan too, I cant find that much Thyrfing in them though :)