Upcoming Concerts

TOOLday07 approacheth.

toolday07.jpg

Tix are still available afaik.

I have never fully checked out TOOL.
They are one of those bands where when I hear them I appreciate though.

I did see them once many years ago at Lollapalooza. I think they were playing the first slot.

My brother decided he didn't want to drive me, so I couldn't go to SS. I'm very happy about that.

Now I hope to find an all ages show I can go to before I move, but it doesn't look too promising.

Maine South, actually. -_-; High School if Hillary Clinton.

Woo! Go Hawks! :loco: We got to go meet Hillary in the White House when our Constitution Team (yeah) went to Washington. And I just missed the year when her AND Bill came to Southfest.

Oh, and Hillary switched to South for her senior year simply because that was the first year it was opened, not because of its reputation. It's still funny how we get to claim her as 'ours' though based on only one year of attendance. Well, East has Harrison Ford, after all.

So do I still hold the fieldhouse record for the triple-jump?

Neil

BTW Does anyone know if The Note is an all ages venue? I've been over the site many times and not see any "18/21+ w/ valid ID only!" warnings anywhere.

My brother decided he didn't want to drive me, so I couldn't go to SS. I'm very happy about that.

Now I hope to find an all ages show I can go to before I move, but it doesn't look too promising.

The TOOL show last night was an all ages show. :) It was magnificent. The Sears Centre is a nice place, all shiny and brand new. The sound is much better there than at the Allstate. The band was really on and we must have behaved ourselves because we got several 'thank yous' from Brother Maynard. :D

Reviews/set list here:

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=81923

Hope you find a good show before you move, Cameron. :kickass:

Nothing for me lately since I don't feel like shelling out money on tickets. I'd really like to see Kamelot when they come back around in a few months.

Other than that, I'm considering seeing Quiet Riot play at the Vernon Hills summer festival thing in a few weeks.

Summer Slaughter was a lot of fun. A bunch of scene kids, but they were fun to knock on the ground in the pit.
I enjoyed the show.
Necrophagist being the highlight of course...
but wasn't Cattle Decapitation just awful? They must have been drunk cause their timing was way off.

I enjoyed the show.
Necrophagist being the highlight of course...
but wasn't Cattle Decapitation just awful? They must have been drunk cause their timing was way off.

I love Cattle Decapitation... this is my second time seeing them. They were obviously drunk (Travis was anyway). They're so insane live. I hear a lot of mixed reviews on their live show... I personally love it, but a lot of people think it's horrible.

Decapitated was the best. The Spheres of Madness pit was insane.

I've seen Necrophagist three times, so I don't really get excited over them anymore. The drum solo was new though. I loved that part.

And... Arsis didn't play. I knew they wouldn't, but I saw James Malone (their vocalist/guitarist) right when I walked in the door, and I got all excited cause I thought they actually came. But he was just setting up merch, and he was the only one there. That sucked :(