Your Upcoming Concerts

Can't wait until this Thursday as I see Mr. Oswald Osbourne and Robert Zombie at the Spectrum in Philly! I personally think this tour will be two great musical tastes that will taste great together! I've never seen Ozzy before, despite being to 2 Ozzfests and this will be the 4th time I've seen Zombie and he's more than impressed me live each time! More matching metal megatours like this are needed!

PS: In response to this:
You just liked her boobs :p But it stands to reason, that's the main selling point for the band.

I've yet to hear any of their music, but I will say that those are probably the best boobs I've ever seen from a woman in a metal band.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I listened to them on Myspace last night. Yeah, nothing special. I'll keep my interest in them purely visual.

Hey, I still love hair metal...it's what I grew up on. I not afraid to admit that I blasted Whitesnake's Slip of the Tounge on the way to work today.

Hair metal is metal too in my opinion.

Not much on horizon just three gigs in March
Turisas (13th)
Nightwish again (I'm seeing them on the 25th and 27th)

I need to get Sonata tickets and Ensiferum for april. Hopefully this time I won't miss out!

oh yea i NEED TO see ensiferum and im gona try and go to see REM/modest mouse and nightwish in vancover on different days , also my sister is gona move to a place that is next to the trainstation that goes to seattle to vancover..and vis vera

So tonight I was lucky enough to catch Iron Maiden's "Somewhere Back in Time Tour" in luxurious East Rutherford, NJ.

Simply put, it was the greatest set I have ever seen live. Too bad my seats suck. I don't think I need to go into more detail than the setlist, which speaks for itself.

Aces High
Two Minutes to Midnight
Revelations
The Trooper
Wasted Years
Can I Play With Madness
The Number of the Beast
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Heaven Can Wait
Run to the Hills
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
-------
Moonchild(!)
The Clairvoyant
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Amazing, actually 6 songs I've never seen them play live before, which is impressive considering I think this is the 8th time I've seen Maiden, and if my seats were better, it could have easily been the best. I'm making plans to see them two more times this year, once when they're in Camden, NJ, and plans to go out and visit my sister in California when they're playing at Irvine's Verizon Ampitheater. Taking the West Coast by Maiden Storm!

So tonight i finally picked up tickets for a few concerts this year:

Symphony X w/Epica and Into Eternity (April 5th @ Nokia Theatre)
Arch Enemy w/Firewind, Dark Tranquility, Divine Heresy (May 11 @ Irving Plaza)
Kamelot w/Edguy (October 15 @ BB Kings)

I was pretty pissed when i found out AFTER i got my ticket to see Epica that Simone isn't going to be on the tour cause she still has the MRSA super virus. I mean, of course i wish the girl well, but how the hell is Epica going to tour without Simone? They should just have put it off. And the girl they are getting to fill in is some pop rock person? Meh. I gave her a listen on her Myspace and my reaction was not a happy one.

Before i bought my tickets, i checked the Epica website for tour dates, saw that they were confirmed, and just assumed it meant Simone was better. It never occurred to me they might tour without her. I should have read their sites top news item too. I like SymX and I'm sure i will enjoy the night, but mainly i planned to go for Epica, and well.. Epica without Simone just isn't the same. No one pays money to see an event where key members have been replaced by stand-ins (not to mention, i have to suffer through Into Eternity for the nth freaking time. Do these guys *ever* get sick of touring?).

Still, It's been pretty dry for concerts for me lately, especially with a number of bands doing "off-legs" of tours (meaning they are hitting less popular places like upstate New York and Jersey instead of NYC. I don't care what kind of leg a band is doing, ALWAYS hit NYC no matter what :p It's NY F'ing C after all). So I'm glad that the events are starting to roll in once again.

Concerning other concerts, It's a shame that Opeth wasn't headlining a day here in New York (as they are doing a few off-tour dates elsewhere). Although some have probably drooled over this pairing, i don't really want to see them as part of this Dream Theater "Progressive Nation" tour. First off, too expensive. I only really care to see Opeth, not DT; not after their last album. $50 for Opeth is somewhere in the neighborhood of double, if not more, than it usually costs to see them. Not to mention DT doesn't play small venues. I've never been to Terminal 5, but it surely can't be that small. I don't care for events where i have to be a mile back from the stage. What's the point? So i have had to make the choice to miss out on another favorite band this year.

And what is with headlining groups that suddenly decide to become openers? It's not like they (Opeth excluded here) have jumped to a new level with larger bands (small fish in a bigger pond and all that). It's the same old bands. Have their headliners really lost money? Not made enough? Is it a maneuver to cut a few corners to make even MORE cash? Or was taking the opening slot on another tour really the best option available at the moment? I can understand why Epica isn't headlining. It would be impossible to headline without Simone. But Edguy? I have been to two headlining tours, i am unsure if their first was also a headliner. The two that i attended were packed houses and rampant successes. If they could afford the ridiculous fees (Christofer from Therion has said it costs $1500 a head for the work visas for them to play) to come play here in the states on those previous tours, what has changed? Come on guys, backsliding sucks.

All i know for sure is that last year i went to 16 events, almost all of them completely awesome. This year, i know of 3 i want to go to, with another 2 on the horizon, and i can already find something to bitch about with almost all of them. Hopefully the year holds a few pleasant surprises, or at least for me, it won't go down as anything special.

Going to Sonata on the 21st April then that's it for a while I think. I'm considering going to Bloodstock this year but camping by yourself is no fun, and I can't persuade any one I know to go . They'd rather go to Download:erk:

I'm not going to see ensiferum after all, I've decided . I need to spend some time at work and home.

And the girl they are getting to fill in is some pop rock person? Meh. I gave her a listen on her Myspace and my reaction was not a happy one.
Aw Tramz, that's Amanda Somerville you're talking about...she's a veteran on the metal scene. Personally I think she's got a great voice and should do an admirable job of filling in for Simone, especially since she's worked closely with Epica since their inception. Here's some of her past contributions to bands we know and love (taken from Wikipedia)...

Avantasia - The Scarecrow (2008); worked as vocalist
Epica - The Phantom Agony (2003), We Will Take You With Us (2004), Consign To Oblivion (2005), The Road to Paradiso (2006), The Divine Conspiracy (2007), Live Session singer for USA Canada tour (2008); worked as vocal coach, vocalist, co-writer, producer
After Forever - Invisible Circles (2004), Remagine (2005), After Forever (2007); worked as vocal coach, vocalist, producer
Asrai - Touch in the Dark (2004): worked as lyrical editor
Edguy - Hellfire Club (2004), Rocket Ride (2006); worked as vocalist, lyrical editor
Kamelot - Black Halo (2005), Ghost Opera (2007); worked as vocalist, lyrical editor
Shaman - Ritual (2002), Reason (2005); worked as vocalist, lyrical editor
Mob Rules - Hollowed Be Thy Name (2002); worked as vocalist
Luca Turilli & Rhapsody - Prophet of the Last Eclipse (2002); worked as vocalist

@Seraph...I'll camp with ya...if you can cover my plane ticket ;)

Aw Tramz, that's Amanda Somerville you're talking about...she's a veteran on the metal scene. Personally I think she's got a great voice and should do an admirable job of filling in for Simone, especially since she's worked closely with Epica since their inception. Here's some of her past contributions to bands we know and love (taken from Wikipedia)...

When you're right, you're right. Obviously i didn't realize she was that involved with Epica (among the others listed, including her involvement with Aina). I guess if anyone would fill in, it would be her. I suppose the fact that she isn't just some random pop musician does mitigate the lameness, somewhat. But i still stand by the point that they should not be touring without Simone (the same way i wouldn't want them to tour without Mark, or for a relevant example of an instrumentalist: SymX without Michael Romeo). It radically changes the nature of the experience.

Anyway, the concert is tomorrow, April 5th. So i guess I'll find out soon enough how well she can fill in.

Here is Xeno massive concert list :
DEP- April 10 @ el corazon 7:30
Heaven Shall Burn April 13 @ el corazon 8pm*
Voltair april 14 @ el corazon 9:30pm*
ToC @ WAU theater april 15 5pm*
Kanye @ key arena april 16 7pm*
Apocalyiptica April 18 @ el corazon 9pm*
SUpergeek leage april 19 @ showbox @ 7pm*
Goldfinger- may 1 @ el corazon 8pm*
Ensiferum May 5 @ SS @ 8pm*
augutana may 7 @ showbox @ 8pm
Atmosphere may 13 @ showboxsodo @ 8pm
tapes n tapes @ showbox @ 8pm
Otep may 16 @ el corazon 8pm*
POwerman 5000 may 18 @ el corazon 7:30*
CoCa may 20th @ showboxsodo @ 8pm
Thrice may 23rd @ showboxsodo @ 7pm

Ladytron may 24 @ showbox 9pm*
Aiden/SYH may 25th @ showbox
may 27 arch enemy @ showbox @ 7pm
may 28th candellmass @ SS-9pm
MSI- may 30 @showbox sodo 9pm ( more MadSin @ SS)
Iron maiden- june 2 @ white river*
Londone afer midnight-june 2nd @ el corazon 9pm
she wants revenge -july 18th @ showbox @7pm*
Slipknot july 9 @ white river*
Dark Lotus july 14 @ corazon @ 8pm*
16volt july 15 @ el corazon ,9pm*
At the gates july 23 @ el corazon 8pm*
NIN- july 26 @ key arean *
Raido head aug 20 @ white river 7:30*
aug 30-sept 1 bumbershoot all day
ZImmers Hole- sept 3 @ el corazon 8pm

Finntroll-Sep. 08 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon 8pm*
Nightwish sept 9 @ showbox sodo @ 9pm*
imperative reaction sept 30 @ el corazon 9pm*
Helloween oct 3 @ el corazon 8pm*
Amorphis october 10 @ elcorazon @ 8pm*
Kamelot october 23 @ el corazon @ 7:30*
*= def gona go to

You are really going to that many concerts? Crazy.

Ooh Imperative Reaction is touring? *takes a look* BAH it's a "mini-tour" that isn't coming anywhere near the north east. They need to come back to New York.

Wow, my concert listing feels unimpressive...

April 17, Drowning Pool @ HOB, Atlantic City
April 28, Atmosphere @ Trocadero, Philly
May 3, God Forbid & Death Angel @ Crock Rock, Allentown, PA
May 30, Iron Maiden @ Verizon Wireless Ampitheater, Irvine, CA
June 17, Iron Maiden @ Sesquehanna Bank Center, Camden, NJ
August 29, Nightwish @ Trocadero, Philly

I don't know if I'm going to the 5/5 Nightwish show at Starland, I'll have to see how my schedule looks as it gets closer, but I'll definately be in Philly in August. I also might be seeing Disturbed at the House of Blues on 5/12, but it's the same as the Nightwish situation. Also, Disturbed might be back on the Rockstar Tour w/ Dragonforce and Machine Head... and I'd rather wait for that show if optional. I'm sure there's a few more shows out there, but I can't think of em...