Your Upcoming Concerts

I just found out today that my scheduling is going to work out for the Fish show in L.A. on June 10th. I am SO psyched! I've known about this show for months but tried not to plan too much for going to it because I was almost so sure I wouldn't be able. So as the show gets closer and I see that going to the show is feasible, I'm getting my tickets ASAP. It's been 8 years since I've last seen Fish live, and I can hardly wait!
horns.gif

Blimey, you guys are packing in your gigs aren't you? I probably won't attempt to see anyone until Opeth come to the UK in the autumn! I can't get the time off for Bloodstock unfortunately but I'm not too sad as I went to see Nightwish twice and that will do me for a bit. I'm trying to concentrate on work and the novel for a bit.

hereis another massive list...:
aug 22 skeleton witch
Monday, September 8 2008 • ALL AGES BAR W/ID
Fintroll
Tuesday, September 9 2008 •
Nightwish @ showboxsodo
sept 17 miss kittin @ neumos
Sept 19 the racenterus

sat sept 20 chrome @ funhouseSept 18 CSS @showbox

Monday Sept 22
Laibach @showbox

Tuesday sept 23 Children of bodom

Tuesday, September 30 2008 • 21 + OVER
Musicwerks Seattle & El Corazon Present
Imperative Reaction

Oct 1 GreatBig sea @ moortheater

Friday, October 3 2008 • ALL AGES BAR W/ID
KISW Metal Shop & El Corazon Present:
Hellish Rock Tour 2008 with
Helloween

Saturday, October 4 2008 • ALL AGES BAR W/ID
Musicwerks Seattle & El Corazon Present:
Cruxshadows

october 4th opeth
Sunday, October 5 2008 • ALL AGES BAR W/ID
Infinite Productions Presents:
Amon Amarth

Oct9 Gogobordello
Friday, October 10 2008 • ALL AGES BAR W/ID
Amorphis
Oct 11 Seattle, WA - Key Arena weezer
Tuesday, October 14 2008 Sylvan
Oct 16 2008 7:00P-KATAKLYSM, Eluveitie, Keep Of Kalessin, Dying Fetus, Gift Of Prophecy
Saturday October 18th-CHIODOS / SILVERSTEIN
hursday, October 23 2008 • ALL AGES BAR W/ID
Kamelot
Mon oct 27 Fujiya & Miyag @ chop suey
Tue Oct 28 Crystle castle @ nuemoes
11-08 trans siberian orchestra(3pm)
Sat. Nov 8 Danzig @ showbox sodo
Wed.Nov 12 GWAR SODO
Wed.Nov 19 Of montreal

Fri Nov 21. Deerhunter
Wednesday November 26th-FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH
Dec 1 Metallica-key arena
Dec 3 dir en grey
Wed 12/31/08 Ghostland Observatory WaMu Theater
Sat 01/24/09 "Video Games Live" Paramount Theatre

I'm going to see Metallica next month, i got Gen Admission tickets this time around, instead of seats, like i did in houston. Hopefully, Metallica up close is as good as Nightwish up close in a club :p

I have currently only one upcomng concert on my scedule but it'll be sheer bliss: Nightwish at Hartwall Areena, Helsinki on Sept 19. Oh, and the opener will be Apocalyptica, they are definitely not to be overlooked... :headbang:

Earlier this summer I went to Sauna Open Air, Tampere on June 6. for one day and saw Kamelot, Stratovarius and Nightwish on the same stage one after another. That was a day!

Also lollered three days at the mayhem called Tuska Festival in Helsinki at the end of June. Over 30 bands + night clubs, can't really pull it all together, all I know it was fun (once again! )

One more to type down, I saw Stratovarius again on Aug 1. but this time they were headlining a solo gig at "Linnoituksen yö" -festival in Lappeenranta.

Here are some clips of Stratovarius performing in Lappeenranta. Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef74-5V7I_A]Deep Unknown[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to you, I hope you don't have to wait too long for that.

The longer it takes for Nightwish to release their next album, the better. Since I'm still trying to learn how to drive and would need to get my driver's license before then.

Another issue is about the closest location that they will do their concert to where I live at. The concert they did in Allentown a few months ago was the perfect location, since it was only about 30 minutes away from where I live. The chances that there will be another concert there the next time they tour the United States is not too good. So the next closest location would be Philadelphia and that's like 2 hours away from here. Pittsburgh would be the other possible location within my state that Nightwish would do a concert, but it takes even longer to get there than it would for Philadelphia.

As I said earlier, I would have to go alone. This is because neither of my parents are into Nightwish and I know they wouldn't like it anyways. Neither of them are into metal. My dad is only into old classic rock music from the 1960s and 1970s, such as Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. And my mom likes stuff that has lyrics with a straightforward meaning to them, so she prefers Country music for that purpose. Nightwish's lyrics are way too cryptic for her anyways and wouldn't make any sense. So yeah, I must go alone for this reason.

Hmm I don't have dates, but here's a jumble of bands I'm hoping/planning to see this fall. Also hyperspace, check craigslist for a carpool

The Wailers- Toads Place
Dinosaur Jr.- Toads Place
Railroad Earth- Toads Place
Buju Banton- Toads Place
All That Remains/Lacuna Coil- Webster
Streetlight Manifesto- Webster
Vader+Augury- Webster
Type O Negative+St Vitus+Misfits+God Dethroned+Abigail Williams- Palladium
GWAR- Palladium
Nile- Palladium
Heaven & Hell- Chevy
Dethklok+Mastadon- Hammerstein Ballroom

More ecleptic than most on here.

I fully plan on doing a mini-tour the next time they come back to the states. Oh yeah, I am nuts :p

I would if I could, but it's hard enough to just get to the nearest major city. :(

As I said earlier, I would have to go alone. This is because neither of my parents are into Nightwish and I know they wouldn't like it anyways. Neither of them are into metal. My dad is only into old classic rock music from the 1960s and 1970s, such as Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin. And my mom likes stuff that has lyrics with a straightforward meaning to them, so she prefers Country music for that purpose. Nightwish's lyrics are way too cryptic for her anyways and wouldn't make any sense. So yeah, I must go alone for this reason.

I took a friend of mine who is into country music to 2 Nightwish shows, and he seemed to like it. I don't know if it's something he would go to of his own accord, but he didn't appear to look as though he was waiting for it to end. :lol:

But then again, maybe by then you will have made a friend that you can go with. I don't know if I'd trust Craigslist, people getting murdered on there and all. :eek:

There are a lot of East Coast OSAers, and I'm sure once the tour is announced and people start to plan their trips, there are plenty of folks here that would be glad to carpool with you or make room for you in theirs. :)

Another issue is about the closest location that they will do their concert to where I live at. The concert they did in Allentown a few months ago was the perfect location, since it was only about 30 minutes away from where I live. The chances that there will be another concert there the next time they tour the United States is not too good.

Well, if they played there once, chances are they might again. I've seen them 3 times and it seems every time they do a tour they tend to hit the same places, with a few new ones added on each time. I'm waiting for them to play somewhere in Central Cali so I don't have to make so far a trip (or have a better chance of seeing more than one show on a tour).

The mini-tour has variables... a LOT of them.... depends on how many shows... what the cost of gas is like... how much is the car going to cost (don't have a liscense yet, but, that's going to change, once my dad buys a different car, the one he has is NOT reliable.) If they do a proper US tour, and are still doing the club-circuit, i'll hit all the shows from Kansas to Missisippi, or New Mexico... just depends on the path they take.

That's beside the point.... I have Metallica in less than a month and I am one excited hopeful girl. I HOPE to win Meet And Greet VIA MetClub, but dunno if that is going to happen. I'm keeping my eyes on the Metclub site every day. And yes, i promise i will keep my Nightwish love to myself unless a 'bands you like other than what's here' convo is brought up. Thn my inner fan-girl will come out. Besides, im planning on getting my long black hair purple and red streaked ala Tuomas and Anette.

My upcoming gigs:

- Arch Enemy w/ Suffocation @ The Forum, Melbourne - November 5
- Opeth @ The Palace Theatre, Melbourne - November 25
- Amon Amarth w/ Eye of the Enemy & Orpheus @ The Billboard, Melbourne - November 27
- Amon Amarth @ The Metro, Sydney - November 28 (Hopefully!)
- Lamb of God w/ DevilDriver & Shadows Fall @ Festival Hall, Melbourne - December 15
- Screamfest w/ Ensiferum, Rotting Christ, Sonata Arctica, Edguy, Destruction, Spawn of Possession, Dark Funeral and more @ The Enmore Theatre, Sydney - December 31 & January 1
- AC/DC @ Telstra Dome, Melbourne - February 15

And just had:

- Cannibal Corpse @ The Billboard, Melbourne - September 15

I have Metallica in less than a month

You have no idea how jealous I am right now...

I have never seen Metallica live and they are, by far, my favourite band.

Metallica are always great live.
To be honest though, their live show has gotten WAY to predictable.
I suppose having seen them almost 10 times over the years, that will happen.
I always recommend seeing them though to anyone who hasn't.

I just saw Stratovarius / Pagan's Mind last Friday. It was a weird set up. They played a small corner of a very large sports bar. They couldn't even hang their banners! Anyhow, both bands played well with what they had to work with.

This week, DragonForce / Sonata Arctica. I know DF are love em hate em these days, though I am not sure why to be honest. Their popularity has not impacted their music. Looking forward to SA, though to be honest, I am not familiar with their material post Reckoning Night.