Your Upcoming Concerts

yea i really want to see them also! but they said that tickets for this tour iwllbe honred for the tournext year :)

i guess i can add korn and him to my list casue they are coming to seattle and you know im gona see them! and C they are coming to LA nov 14 @ the Orpheum Theatre(HIM that is)

Hmm i just found out today that Arch Enemy is playing this month at the Nokia Theatre in NYC. It sucks that they are doing a co-headline with Machine Head, and a bunch of crappy opening bands, but last time i saw them (it was at the Irving Plaza) the opening bands sucked too. I'll prolly still go.

@silent night. When you get back can you let me know whether they plan to play lots of stuff off 'Unia' or do they have a good spread of songs from all the albums? Just curious.
Hope you enjoy it. I'm seeing them next month.

Woot. VNV Nation is doing a ton of touring for their Judgement album. I just noticed last night that they are coming around again, so today i bought tickets for their show in Brooklyn on November 18th.

They aren't metal, they have dubbed their style of music 'Futurepop', which is sort of an offshoot of EBM/Industrial. They have been a favorite of mine for many years. I've seen them twice thus far.

I've seen VNV once in NYC about 2 years ago (a few days before New Years). I've had bad luck attending a show since. They were supposed to play at the club near my house but it was cancelled about a week before (why they were playing the club I don't know since there are few fans of that kind of music in this area) and the 2nd was at Toad's Place in New Haven, CT but there was a huge snowstorm so I couldn't drive out. I was in my car and had to turn around because I passed a few cars off the road after only a few miles of driving and decided my life was more precious than the show. I'd probably see them in Rochester but I'm going to be poor between Sonata in 2 weeks, Progpower in 3, followed by Nightwish, In This Moment, & Porcupine Tree and a few other shows all in Oct/Nov. I'm having to scale back on some shows (like Therion) because they're simply expenses I can't add and many are on weekdays and I've run out of vacation time. Living 2-3 hrs from a number of good venues is both a blessing and a curse.

Yeah screw dying for a concert. As for VNV, what can you do? At least it's not like they aren't likely to be around again in the next year or two. The two times i've seen them were April of this year on the Judgement tour and in 2005 for the Matter+Form tour. I had a chance to see them all the way back in.. i don't remember.. 2000 i think? Somewhere around there. The tour where the Live in NYC bootleg came from. A friend of mine at the time tried to get me to go, but i wasn't in a very concert-going frame of mind in those days. All she did afterwards was tell me how i should have went because it was recorded and going to be released :p

Oof you have to miss Therion? Now that *does* suck. But again, what can you do?

Oy, I spent WAAAY too much money last weekend, and that's why I'm now going to FOUR, yes, FOUR shows in October!

Sept 26: Machine Head/Arch Enemy @ Troc
Oct 16 - Nightwish @ Troc
Oct 17 (One Night Later) Static-X/Shadows Fall/3 Inches of Blood @ Troc
Oct 30: Type O Negative/Lordi @ Troc
Oct 31 CKY/Cradle of Filth/GWAR on HALLOWEEN @ Electric Factory

And there's more tours coming, like Ozzy/Rob Zombie and I'm digging the guitar stylings of Avenged Sevenfold (DAMN GUITAR HERO!), so I may be seeing them in November as well. I need to start selling organs or plasma or something, I need cash.

So, you've got coming up

Oct 30 LORDI
Oct 31 GWAR

Ain't this something? A masked ball on two nights in a row :zombie:

Now we'll for sure get a first hand witness to tell us if these bands really have anything in common and who also is able to review the shows and hopefully answer to these eternal questions fought on Blabbermouth.net: Which of the two put up a better show? Which of the bands does suck less? :cool: :p :lol:

Indeed, I'm seeing LORDI and GWAR back to back nights on Mischief Night and Halloween! How cool is that?! Philly is a lucky city. I've seen Lordi 3 times so far this year and EVERY show has been awesome, but live GWAR is a thing of legend, so I can't wait to see them for the first time. I also plan on wearing the Ghostbuster costume I plan on buying to both the shows!

I got 2 tickets to see IRON MAIDEN on March 14th at the Meadowlands!!

I know Maiden's probably going to be doing a larger US over the summer, but I don't care, Maiden always puts on the best concerts I've ever seen and this "Somewhere Back In Time" tour gives me so much hope for another excellent show... oh, and did I mention it's the ONLY US show besides Los Angeles?!

YIPPIE MAIDEN!!

Hiya!
I've come back from seeing Turisas in London. It was brilliant!
Speaking of Turisas...

US Paganfest Tour

ENSIFERUM, TURISAS, TÝR and ELUVEITIE will team up for the Paganfest America tour beginning in April. Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Apr. 25 - Toronto, ON - Opera House
Apr. 26 - Montreal, QC - Medley
Apr. 27 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
Apr. 28 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
Apr. 29 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
May 05 - Seattle, WA - Studio Seven
May 10 - Orange County, CA - California Metalfest
May 15 - Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX - Ridglea Theater
May 16 - San Antonio, TX - The White Rabbit

More dates will be announced soon.

Ensiferum and Turisas!!! They damn well better hit Michigan
63.gif