Updated/Finished Ghost Reveries Tabs

wooooooo im not insulting him!!!!!
I wont be able to tab this thing out!!
I just know there's mistakes and i know where they are, and they make big difference sometimes...

mayhcaek said:
TABZ R ILIGUL
But theres no Opeth Tabbook I think, still illegal??
Wankerness:worship: :OMG: , but ill correct those parts and send them to you, espicially(im french but i think this word sounds like that) for the acoutics part in ghost of perdition and in baying of the hounds...
For a amazing work like youve made, you should be paid.

Hindu said:
Hi, impresive work !!!!
But i went to see the show and they played ghost of perdition and baying of the hounds and i was looking at their hands non-stop... there still "mistakes" in both of your tabs... theyre not major but if you want me to correct it i will, the acoustic part in ghost of perdition is wrong, opeth plays it a lot different, even the notes are sometimes incorrect...

Yeah I'd like to know what the right way is, correct it any way you can ? haha

I'm going to see them live on friday and I'll be trying to see these things too, but still do what you can!

http://agora.ulaval.ca/~jpdio20/Opeth-Ghost_of_perdition.ptb

Ghost of perdition
Ive changed part C, sounds the same but it seems its the Opeth way, and its easier as well. For the acoutics part ive changed quite a lot. But when the first guitar solo starts im not sure about those chords but Peter was playing around the 10th-fret, but I changed the outro for those same chords and it sounds quite right!!
So wankerness...hope they played ghost of perdition!!!!

Hindu said:
http://agora.ulaval.ca/~jpdio20/Opeth-Ghost_of_perdition.ptb

Ghost of perdition
Ive changed part C, sounds the same but it seems its the Opeth way, and its easier as well. For the acoutics part ive changed quite a lot. But when the first guitar solo starts im not sure about those chords but Peter was playing around the 10th-fret, but I changed the outro for those same chords and it sounds quite right!!
So wankerness...hope they played ghost of perdition!!!!

Yeah I was paying close attention :D I saw roughly where he played all those chords, you have them wrong...he started at like the 9th fret or so then moved down the neck twice and was down around the 3rd fret on the last chord. I'll figure them out tomorrow sometime. I have to change some positions on some other riffs too, but all in all I'm impressed by myself :D

Baying of the Hounds I don't really remember noticing much I had to change besides the second to last riff chords being played down a string...my guess is they're going to be harder to finger there but I guess I'll see! As for the grand conjuration that seemed pretty close I guess though I couldn't hear/see what peter was playing clean on the verse AT ALL and the intro was played slightly lower on the neck. Stupid thing.

wankerness said:
Yeah I was paying close attention :D I saw roughly where he played all those chords, you have them wrong...he started at like the 9th fret or so then moved down the neck twice and was down around the 3rd fret on the last chord. I'll figure them out tomorrow sometime. I have to change some positions on some other riffs too, but all in all I'm impressed by myself :D

Baying of the Hounds I don't really remember noticing much I had to change besides the second to last riff chords being played down a string...my guess is they're going to be harder to finger there but I guess I'll see! As for the grand conjuration that seemed pretty close I guess though I couldn't hear/see what peter was playing clean on the verse AT ALL and the intro was played slightly lower on the neck. Stupid thing.

Ahhh!! really nice, i was hoping they do ghos..., we're close to know finally how to play this song...amazing, can't wait. Thanks wankerness:headbang: . I have a question as well: is it harder to figured out chords and things when they're using 12-strings guitars???

Yes, definitely....Closure was really pretty terrible to try and tab before the dvd came out, and what I had for the main riff in GoP was just terrible until I realized they play the same thing on a six string at the end of the song.

Found those chords out??? Ive changed some parts after reading your post but i wont bother posting it since youre gonna do it...

wankerness, it may be a lot to ask of you, but is there any chance you can make powertabs of The Twilight Is My Robe and Karma? I can never find any half-decent tabs of it and I have found only a WIP TTIMR.

Also, if you happened to have made ptbs for The Amen Corner or The Apostle In Triumph, could you make them available?

Feorel said:
wankerness, it may be a lot to ask of you, but is there any chance you can make powertabs of The Twilight Is My Robe and Karma? I can never find any half-decent tabs of it and I have found only a WIP TTIMR.

Also, if you happened to have made ptbs for The Amen Corner or The Apostle In Triumph, could you make them available?

I'm working VERY SLOWLY on both TTIMR and Karma...my guitar's still in GR tuning so it's going to have to wait a while though (until I finish Beneath the Mire I guess). What's the WIP you have of TTIMR? I think I had the first like...8 or 9 minutes done of guitar. If you have an earlier version I'll upload the one I have now. Karma I've only done the first couple riffs on so far, but I definitely intend to do all of it.

As for the amen corner and the apostle in triumph, I intend on doing The Amen Corner sometime cause the PTB that exists sucks and I am a MAYH fanboy4life. Some other guy did the apostle in triumph (no bass, though) and as far as I know did a pretty damn good job, I dunno though cause I really don't know the song very well. Both of those (the crappy AC and the good AiT) should be on www.ultimate-guitar.com .

Hindu said:
Found those chords out??? Ive changed some parts after reading your post but i wont bother posting it since youre gonna do it...

What did you change them to? I haven't really tried, I corrected everything else based on what I saw live though.

wankerness said:
I'm working VERY SLOWLY on both TTIMR and Karma...my guitar's still in GR tuning so it's going to have to wait a while though (until I finish Beneath the Mire I guess). What's the WIP you have of TTIMR? I think I had the first like...8 or 9 minutes done of guitar. If you have an earlier version I'll upload the one I have now. Karma I've only done the first couple riffs on so far, but I definitely intend to do all of it.

As for the amen corner and the apostle in triumph, I intend on doing The Amen Corner sometime cause the PTB that exists sucks and I am a MAYH fanboy4life. Some other guy did the apostle in triumph (no bass, though) and as far as I know did a pretty damn good job, I dunno though cause I really don't know the song very well. Both of those (the crappy AC and the good AiT) should be on www.ultimate-guitar.com .

The TTIMR ptb I have only goes up to the 5 or 6 minutes. It ends around the first few riffs after the first long clean section. Definitely not 8-9 minutes done though. And yes, I found the ptb for The Amen Corner, but it sucks hard. It hurts my ears to hear the midi play the clean ending.