Varg Vikernes was released on parole

21 years in prison is the longest time you can get in norway, no matter what the crime. although people often get submitted to institutions etc. after that. And only like 1% actually serve those 21 years, most get out on parole a lot earlier ( Varg for example.)

^ everyone knows that smiling people are sane!!1 since when can you see on a guy that he is crazy? that's just tarded.
scoobyvarg.jpg

21 years in prison is the longest time you can get in norway, no matter what the crime. although people often get submitted to institutions etc. after that. And only like 1% actually serve those 21 years, most get out on parole a lot earlier ( Varg for example.)

it's actually surprising that he got out so early, considering how vehemently opposed they were to giving him parole at all

:erk: I believe in retribution (punishment inflicted in the spirit of moral outrage or personal vengeance). Justice should be looked at as punishment, instead of trying to help some scumbag criminal "see his wrongdoing" or whatever. And I don't believe in life sentences anyway... death penalty should be mandatory for murder, rape, and abuse, IMO.

I don't really see the point in giving someone a punishment to just be like, "Ok you were a bitch so take that!" Justice CAN be looked at as punishment BUT if punishing someone didn't ever make them feel differently about what they did, there would never be any reason to punish them. The point of the punishment is one of the many ways in which to attempt a rehabilitation of the subject. If there was 0 chance that a punishment ever made someone change their moral values, there'd literally be no reason to even bother punishing them (unless you're talking about just flat out killing them).

Giving someone the death penalty for the above wrong doings with no questions asked is too cut and dry. There are many reasons for which someone might kill another, and it's not always in cold blood. Rape is generally pretty scummy but there's probably some exceptions. And abuse? Abuse can be claimed for just about anything and sometimes there's not even any way to prove any real abuse occurred (a "victim" could just be a whiny person that wants to get their own way all the time). Besides that it actually costs more money to give someone the death penalty than it does to keep them in prison for life:
http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

To prove that I'm fair, some sources say that my last claim may not be true:
http://deathpenalty.procon.org/viewanswers.asp?questionID=001000

He should've been left to rot in jail.

Why, exactly? He killed one man 16 years ago, when he was still a teenager (I think he was like 18 or something at the time.) People can make mistakes early in life and learn from them. From what I understand, while Varg hasn't flat-out shown regret for his actions, I'm sure he does at least regret not being there to see his daughter grow up, or to not be able to start a family when he was 20.

Personally, I think that if Varg hadn't have killed Aarseth, someone else would have. People have gone on record and stated how erratic Aarseth was, and how he tried to be so evil and this this and that - but he still lived with his parents and he even closed Helvete due to all the negative attention the church burnings were getting. From what I've read, he also had a knack for pissing off others in that scene.

1.Justice CAN be looked at as punishment BUT if punishing someone didn't ever make them feel differently about what they did, there would never be any reason to punish them. The point of the punishment is one of the many ways in which to attempt a rehabilitation of the subject. If there was 0 chance that a punishment ever made someone change their moral values, there'd literally be no reason to even bother punishing them (unless you're talking about just flat out killing them).

2. Abuse can be claimed for just about anything and sometimes there's not even any way to prove any real abuse occurred (a "victim" could just be a whiny person that wants to get their own way all the time).

3. Besides that it actually costs more money to give someone the death penalty than it does to keep them in prison for life

1. IMO, it dosen't really matter if the criminal regrets what he or she did. What matters is that the families and friends of the victim get closure and is satisfied that justice is done.

2. I am talking more about physical and sexual abuse, not emotional, though that can be just as bad.

"Firing squad... You want cheap execution? There you go. If the first shot doesn't do it, the second will. And what does a couple rifle cartridges cost? $1.00?"

There we go... cost problem solved!

The reason the last couple of albums were just keyboards was, cause he wasn't allowed to use other instruments in prison. If/when he releases something, it'll definitely be some sort of metal. Don't know if it will be good though.

Why, exactly? He killed one man 16 years ago, when he was still a teenager (I think he was like 18 or something at the time.)
First of all, 18 is old enough for you to know what you're doing. Beside that - I believe anyone who conducts any sort of neo-Nazi activity or even supports its causes should be locked up for good.