Varg Vikernes was released on parole

Space Butler

Varg stabbed first
Jun 7, 2009
After serving 16 years in prison, Varg Vikernes of Burzum was finally released on May 24, 2009. IMO, it is about time. I realize that most of you probably already know this, but I just found out and wanted to share this (2 month old) news with anyone who hasn't heard yet.

:kickass:

cant wait for the new burzum ttytt, hopefully it's not such a disappointment like "reinkaos" was

I believe V.V. announced that he intended to retire from music and return to his farm in the mountains of Norway to live with his family and hate inferior races in peace.

I believe V.V. announced that he intended to retire from music and return to his farm in the mountains of Norway to live with his family and hate inferior races in peace.

except that he announced that he has 9 songs written for a 2010 release

nice try though

How in the HELL do you get convicted of murder and only get 16 years???? Especially after you've escaped from prison and were busted with stolen weapons in your car?

Really?

That makes no sense to me whatsoever. I was just astounded to hear that he was given the maximum sentence under his country's laws and still gets to walk only 16 years later at the ripe old age of...what...34 years old? I'm guessing he was about 18 when he was convicted although that's probably not right.

Flame me all you want, but I don't care if this guy is a great musician or not. He's (based on everything I've seen and read) a nut case who's seriously F'd in the head. He's a murderer, he's a repeated arsonist, and he was an escaped convict who was in possession of stolen weapons.

I just don't see why people in the DM community are so free to give this guy a free pass. Just because he's released some good albums? What would your reactions be if this were an American rapper who served only 16 years for murder and was released onto the community again in his early or mid 30's? Of course, our judicial system is FAR from perfect and it's not unheard of for people here to go free when they shouldn't be. But I would still be baffled, regardless of where it happened.

I apologize if this offends anyone, but I just don't understand how a person who's already killed before can just be let loose upon society again like that.

Maybe they can explain that one when churches start to burn again or when he kills the next person.

What would your reactions be if this were an American rapper who served only 16 years for murder and was released onto the community again in his early or mid 30's?

I wouldn't be happy because he wouldn't release nice stuff therefore I would be mad and ask he goes back to jail. Can't wait to see churches burn again and lots of murder! :err: He's out, that's it and that's all. Maybe he's gonna murder again, maybe he's gonna burn churches again, but you could also do it, I could also do it, anyone is subject to cause that kind of thing, and after passing the most important part of my life in jail (16 years) I wouldn't do it again.

16 years is rare in Sweden :lol:
bein in prison here is like spending a month at a 5 star hotel.

I wouldn't be happy because he wouldn't release nice stuff therefore I would be mad and ask he goes back to jail. Can't wait to see churches burn again and lots of murder! :err: He's out, that's it and that's all. Maybe he's gonna murder again, maybe he's gonna burn churches again, but you could also do it, I could also do it, anyone is subject to cause that kind of thing, and after passing the most important part of my life in jail (16 years) I wouldn't do it again.

So just because he's released some good music he gets to be set free? Ummmm...okay.

Sure, anyone could take the life of someone else given the circumstances. But the difference is that he was already convicted of murder in a court of law. And statistics show that someone who has already taken a life is far more likely to do it again as compared to the general population.

Yes, you or I could take someone else's life. And if it were a case of self defense, or if it were to protect our families, then we may be fully justified in doing so. But he was given a trial and was convicted of murder. It wasn't self defense, it was murder. And from what I've seen of the evidence, there is no way he or his attorneys could have presented a defense of self defense with a straight face. Please.

I know it's supposed to be all MEH-TUL to say "I can't wait for the chuches to burn and for the murders to start" but I would have a feeling you would be singing a different tune if it were your family member who was murdered or if it were your house that was torched.

I'm not trying to start any kind of online flame war or anything...I'm seriously not. But it just baffles me how someone can be just let loose like this with a little slap on their hand. "Okay now, go and enjoy your next forty or fifty years in society. Be a good boy and don't get into anymore trouble, okay?"

And hopefully he WON'T cause anymore pain and suffereing and injury. Maybe he WILL just blend into obscurity with his family and release the occasional album every now and then.

And hopefully the police won't have to tell a grieving family "We're sorry, we let him go thinking he would be good. We didn't think he would go crazy like that and burn down a building with your family inside. Our bad." And based on this guy's previous history, is that scenario REALLY that implausible?

I just see bad things happening because of this. Brilliant musician or not....like I said, the guy is seriously F'd in the head.

So just because he's released some good music he gets to be set free? Ummmm...okay.
The first part of my reply was pure sarcasm. (see :err: emoticon.. should have put :rolleyes:)

I'm not trying to start any kind of online flame war or anything...I'm seriously not. But it just baffles me how someone can be just let loose like this with a little slap on their hand. "Okay now, go and enjoy your next forty or fifty years in society. Be a good boy and don't get into anymore trouble, okay?"
Each countries has their own rule. They do whatever they want. You have your own moral and sense of justice, and so they have theirs. None of them is more true than the other.

And hopefully the police won't have to tell a grieving family "We're sorry, we let him go thinking he would be good. We didn't think he would go crazy like that and burn down a building with your family inside. Our bad." And based on this guy's previous history, is that scenario REALLY that implausible?
Let me remind you that his murder was a serious case of rivality and that he had to feel a lot of danger to cause a murder; he didn't murder anyone while burning a church. As for the burning churches.. well I don't know. Maybe will he do it again? But probably not because he is now well-known for that and would be easily catched.

I just see bad things happening because of this. Brilliant musician or not....like I said, the guy is seriously F'd in the head.
I don't know him personally. And it's always hard to tell who's crazy and where's normality. I cannot see anything bad hapenning because of this because nothing has happened yet. It's not necessary to expect the worst.

It's over and done with. While he is pretty much a nut, 16 years in jail is a long time to rethink your values - especially when you have a full family waiting at home. I believe he has a teenaged daughter, as well as two young sons plus his girlfriend/wife. It wouldn't surprise me if, after all this time in jail, he just released another album or two and went along with his business of living on a farm and raising his kids. Norway has a completely different culture than the United States does, so what may be "morally wrong" to you, is not to them. Clearly he must have done something right this time when they finally accepted his parole application after 5 years or something. Btw, he was found not guilty of arson by a jury - judge still convicted him of that anyway. What does that tell you?

Did anyone throw this much of a fit when Jon Nodveidt was released after only 7 years? Or when Snorre got released after 8?

As for the burning churches.. well I don't know. Maybe will he do it again? But probably not because he is now well-known for that and would be easily catched.

I don't know him personally. And it's always hard to tell who's crazy and where's normality. I cannot see anything bad hapenning because of this because nothing has happened yet. It's not necessary to expect the worst.

The night he was released, a church in Norway was burned down... who did it?

Which night? Are you talking about back in 2003, where he got arrested with (allegedly) a bunch of C4 in a stolen car? Or are you talking about when he was released last month?