VENT YOURSELF THREAD

marduk1507

Apr 6, 2005
tnsk
www.akkurat.sk
OK, Ive head enough! This is the official relax-your-bowels-let-the-steam-off-vent-yourself-thread, regarding the SPEED (sic!) of this site. Today Ive tried to post here several times and got so many page-not-founds that I thought Im gonna burst! So anytime you feel the same, you know where to go! :D

*hopes rahvin wont mind and that this thread ever makes it through*

I too end up double posting and tripple posting (because it says there's a connection error, and If I don't post again I loose the post, If I do it comes through twice :rolleyes: ) and waiting sometimes 5 or so minutes for pages to load. It's really pretty shit, but aye, it's been worse than it is now, a while back the site would just go down sometimes for a dozen hours a day. Pretty random.

or download Firefox, which understands humanity's biggest plight and doesn't mess with the written word until the user decides what to do with it
wink.gif

marduk1507 said:
Ive tried firefox, but I didnt like it, it wasnt really faster or anything than IE. But maybe its just me and my lack of second literacy. :)
:zombie: IE just as fast as Firefox? Hmm. Anyway try Opera, on my computer at least it's faster than Firefox and I prefer it in general. It also does the thing of saving the text if the server fails, just pressing the Back button retains everything.

To sidetrack a bit, if you have time Gav, read this (or this if you've not got Opera version 8), it/they have some good tips for better customisation and things.

UM should have a "high speed connections only" banner and even then its hard to post at all. Free forums dont have this much problem and this forum is rather small, again why are we still here on this server?

If only those smart Firefox extension programmers can find a solution to this problem. ;)