The "Talk about yourself" thread

Here is my yahoogroups profile:

"B.A.S.E. jumping, watching MTV, flower arranging, listening to Third Eye Blind, maintaining rigorous masturbation schedule, volunteering for GOP, excessive crank use."

Really, do you need to know any more?

Haha, you shouldn't have asked.

I am shy, and I spend way too much time online, and when i'm online i'm only on UM, that's all I do online, so you guys probably think I am the biggest fucking spammer ever since I have so many posts. I really don't spam that much though, i've just been on UM for a year, and I'm always on...

Anyways, I'm sixteen, I turn seventeen in December. I just saw Tool live last night, fuck that ruled :D

I like lots of music, mostly metal, I like some 70's prog like amon duul II (I love those crazy guys/gals), I also like some punk/alternative, but not really into it, I just like hearing it, I also went to Warped Tour yesterday, some damn interesting bands. Including this band that used a violin and an accordion :eek:

I like to just relax, which is a nice way of saying i'm a bum :p I've never had a job, but i'm thinking of trying to get one at the grocery store sometime this year, I'll probably wait till i'm 17 though, it'll be easier if i'm 17. O, yase, I live in Jacksonville , FL, it's a hole, I used to live in Kansas City, and I was born in Chicago.

Aside from music I play bass and harmonica (Okay that's music, but shut up) I'm not particularly good at either, but give me some time, i've got a lot of years left unless I die prematurely. I also like to draw, I need to practice that more, i'm more naturally talented at drawing then I am at music, but bleh I still should practice a hell of a lot more than I do.

I'm antisocial, I don't try to be, I wish I wasn't, but I just am. I like being around people, but I get kinda nervous around a lot of people I don't know, and like at warped tour I kept getting introduced to people and I never could really talk to any of them :cry: I have to talk to people or be around them for quite some time before i'm able to talk to them without being all nervous.

My favorite movies are Terminator 2, Run Lola Run, and Kung Pow: Enter The Fist. My favorite book is The Worthing Saga by Orson Scott Card. My favorite TV shows are The Simpsons and Six Feet Under.

If you're still reading you have less of a life than me.

I was in a band for a while, but I think they kind of replaced me without telling me :lol: They were too into weezer anyways, and I don't care for weezer. I want to play metal, anyways, that's what i'm most into and would most want to play.

I used to be friends with these geeky wigger computernerds who just smoked pot and played computer games, but I ditched them over the summer, I never got along with them too well, and always got into arguments about how metal is better than rap :D I want school to start so I can meet a sweet metal chick who likes me too :rolleyes:

I post primarily at the Opeth Off Topic board, it's my home, i'm really starting to like this board though, it's a nice break from all the spam of Opeth board :lol: (Hey I like the spam though, but not all the time)

BTW is anyone here going to Progpower in November?

Bye!

uhh yeah, overexposure to T2 makes you smarter, but you can accelerate the process with a lobotomy, that way you'll be smarter than everybody and think about time travel and people that appears naked from nowhere, without the hassle of the outside world :p

god no, you're wacky enough with your T2 background, I don't want to think what would thos yoyos had done to you

I am too lazy to type much about myself to I'll just edit some of what Oyo posted that is similar to me...

I spend way too much time online, and when i'm online i'm only on UM, i've just been on UM for a year, and I'm always on...

Anyways, I'm seventeen, I turn 18 in 8 days. I saw Tool live in October, fuck that ruled :D I start college at Appalachian State University in a few weeks...can't wait.

I like lots of music, mostly metal, I like some 70's prog like Pink Floyd, Camel, Yes, Genesis, etc. I have been getting into some jazz like Miles Davis, Coltrane, Herbie Hancock, Thelonius Monk, Sun Ra, etc. etc.

I like to just relax, which is a nice way of saying i'm a bum :p I've never had a job, but i'm thinking of trying to get one sometime this year once school starts.

Aside from music I play guitar (Okay that's music, but shut up) I'm not particularly good at either, but give me some time, i've got a lot of years left unless I die prematurely. I should practice a hell of a lot more than I do.

I'm antisocial, I don't try to be, I wish I wasn't, but I just am. I like being around people, but I get kinda nervous around a lot of people I don't know, I have to talk to people or be around them for quite some time before i'm able to talk to them without being all nervous.

My favorite movies are Interview with the Vampire, American Beauty, Last of the Mohicans, American History X, Fight Club, anything from Kevin Smith, etc.

If you're still reading you have less of a life than me. (I do.)

I post primarily at the Opeth Off Topic board, it's my home, i'm really starting to like this board though, it's a nice break from all the spam of Opeth board :lol: (Hey I like the spam though, but not all the time)

BTW is anyone here going to Progpower in November? (I am... :D )

Bye!

Lately I’ve been spending more and more time on UM, but since that time come mostly only around 1 am It’s ok.

Im an 18 (am about to do 19 in September) Portuguese boy, last concert I went was… er Xutos & Pontapes, the day before I was K’s Choice, my friends are not into metal at all so my metal concerts are few.

Im currently taking a professional course concerning Administration Practices, its pretty good since there’s a lot of women there… women :D…Err… I finished my 12 year of informatics but have still classes to do :mad: .

I live for relaxing, I think life shouldn’t be so much complicated, my personal favorites ways of relaxing are either playing guitar at night near the beach or walking myself when it rains (eh eh) listening to m CD-player.

I play guitar in a small musical project im quite fond of since we don’t have limits… no metal just some acoustic stuff since my friends hasn’t got money to buy a freaking guitar. We only have like 4 songs and only 1 is ready to go.

Im anti-social and am damm proud of it, since im not nervous around people (I mean “people”, dumb ignorant fad retards) I merely think they are so insignificant, so confined it their own oh so limited little world... an then I get sad/frustrated, because im kind of a person too.. damm!

My theme movie is The CROW, I also l*ved Canterville Ghost and my favorite area dwells around horror movies, although I can’t make my mind towards any of them.

I used to post mostly at the Anathema and Katatonia boards but since Anathema’s Board become kind of obtuse I stopped posting as much as I did before (which wasn’t much). Katatonia’s Board is almost dead… but still a very good one.

BTW I don’t even know where that is :p

Regards

i am 24 years old. living in boston but soon moving to Rhode Island.

I am not online as much as I was during my college years.

My favorite band is Iron Maiden.

Here are my current obsessions:

1. Anything related to Joss Whedon(Buffy, Angel, etc.)
2. Harry Potter(movie and books)
3. Movies!(Trying to catch up on all the things I have wanted to see and past movies I love)

I am a dork and my name is Greg. :heh:

Oh yeah and I play guitar in a band:headbang:

Hey Greg, I have this unofficial Harry Potter book called something like "The Sorceror's Companion" which basically talks about all the real-life occult, shamanistic, and alchemical references used throughout the books. Like, it talks about the real-world history of the Philosopher's Stone, the real Nicholas Flamel, etc. If you want to borrow it before you move to Rhode Gayland, lemme know.

I am a little(ok, a lot!) privacy conscious so I won't say much:

I am a 25, close to 26, year old from Canada.

I do not post often on UM, mostly on the Devin Townsend, Dan Swano and this board since I joined a little over a month ago.

The last concert I went to was Groovy Aardvark, those who know the band will now know where I am from.

I am not an antisocial type, quite the contrary. While I am not an outgoing person (I don't talk to persons I don't know) but once contact is made I am good to go. I have a lot of friends but few that I consider good friends.

I am a music freak, all sorts of music. I listen to rock, metal, electronic you name it. From Jamiroquai to Brutal Truth and Roni Size Reprazent.

I am not a huge fan of motW yet, I only have my fruit psychobells. I enjoy it and considering buying the others two very soon.

I do spam from time to time and now is the time: I do an online zine, MinspelL, that is available at www.mindspell.org

Thank you for your time.