the official who-are-you-thread

Hello,

This is my very first post on the Ultimate Metal forums and this Evergrey board is the main reason why I decided to register. I remember seeing this board a few years ago but just started reading the threads with any kind of fervor last night and early this morning.

My name is Ryan, I am 25 years old and live in Madison, Wisconsin in the USA. My first introduction to Evergrey was when I saw them live in Milwaukee at The Rave on April 23rd, 2004 when they were touring with Children of Bodom and Iced Earth. We got to the venue late and only caught maybe the last 3 songs. I was blown away. Tom's voice is absolutely amazing, he is one of my all-time favorite singers in music and the music is top-notch. As far as actually meeting them, I spoke to Tom briefly by the bar and I told him they were amazing. He shook my hand, looked me straight in the eye and said thank you. He also signed my ticket stub. I know Tom reads these and posts here so let me say that I meet few people that have a firm handshake and look people in the eye so that I why I remember that. That goes a long way with me. I think I also said hello to Michael when he was at the bar getting a drink.

I picked up the special edition of The Inner Circle the following week and absolutely loved it. Not long after, I tracked down all the other albums. The only one I do not have is A Night to Remember Live but I do have the DVD so it works out alright. Solitude Dominance Tragedy is my most-consistent favorite but Evergrey is one of my favorite bands and I love all of the albums. Monday Morning Apocalypse took a couple listens before I could fully appreciate it but I can listen to all of the albums start to finish and not get bored.

A bit about me, I am currently in school taking transfer courses for the university in town. My ultimate goal is a Ph.D in History. I especially enjoy WWII history and military history in general. I also like metal music, but not exclusively. Some other favorites are Iron Maiden, Opeth, Lost Horizon, Kataklysm, Manowar, Sentenced, Megaherz, and Machine Head to name very few.

And I guess I better post a pic...

l_865b592630341406e56265bb089b1dd9.jpg

Name: you don't have to know that much
How i met EG: prepartion listenings, and live at Metaltown 2006 (festival in Sweden)
Fav song: For every tear that falls, Rulers of the mind, Blinded, Faith restored, Lost,
Other bands i like: Opeth, Blind Guardian, Draconian, Anathema, Empyrium, Sabaton, Amon Amarth

Name: Sara
How I met EG: Havent met them in person, I hope to see them live someday though
Fav. EG song: Thats a tough one, I cant decide
Other bands I like: Borknagar, Chrome Division, Danzig, Avantasia, Iced Earth, Bathory, Acid Bath, Nocturnal Breed, etc., etc., etc.

Hi from EG board newbie!

Name: Mariana
How I met EG: Never met them but I'd like.
Fav. song: Different Worlds, The Corey Curse, Closure, Mark of the Triangle, When The Walls Go Down, Nosferatu, etc.
Other bands I like: Nightwish, Manowar, Hammerfall, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Children of Bodom, Wintersun, Dimmu Borgir, AC/DC, etc.