Where are you from?

conan2474 said:
"Hi!" from Bavaria, Germany! A small town 60 KM North-East of Munich, called Taufkirchen/Vils.... :hotjump:

I am keeping it GREY in Bavaria! :headbang:

I spent two weeks in Germany in April and during my stay I spent a day in Bavaria. I visited Neuschwanstein Castle there. I thought the area was extremely beautiful, but the only thing I found odd was that the gas stations were closed and it wasn't even 1800. Here in New York they are open all day, every day.

Beelzebub said:
I spent two weeks in Germany in April and during my stay I spent a day in Bavaria. I visited Neuschwanstein Castle there. I thought the area was extremely beautiful, but the only thing I found odd was that the gas stations were closed and it wasn't even 1800. Here in New York they are open all day, every day.

EVERYTHING closes early in Europe in general. The entire continent goes dead by 10pm, except for maybe London. I saw Stratovarius/SymX/Thunderstone in Nuremburg in 2003, and by the time the show was over and I was done hanging out with the guys, it was 2am - that was a loooong walk back to my hostel, lemme tell ya.

Well, with a few exceptions, Europe doesn't have the large all-night-long cities that the US does (ie, not enough business in the evenings to justify remaining open), nor the sort of culture that demands 24-7 access to everything. People go home, have dinner with their families, and hang out. The pubs and clubs are open, but that's because beer is more important than a loaf of bread at 8pm. *g*

I live in Anchorage Alaska USA. I have only gotten to go to a few good metal shows including Dream Theater. in NYC and Symphony X in Seattle. Jamiek is that Michael LePonde and Russel Allen? I met Russ after the show in Seattle. Awesome, nice guy I was suprised. I have met a few people that are "famous" metal guys and they havn's ever been so nice. he seemed genuenly glad I came frome Alaska For 1 day just to see his show. thanks!

Yeah, that's Lepond and Russell, at the SX luncheon at ProgPower in Atlanta last year. They ARE really nice guys, even when facing down a horde of hyperactive and nervous fanboys in a small meeting room. hehe.