the official who-are-you-thread

Name: Anders

How I met EG: Heard an interview with Tom on a local radio show here in Gothenburg around winter '97. This was before they had released the first album. They played three songs during the show but I can't remember which ones at the moment. I just remember that I really liked what I heard and I bought the album as soon as it was released. Then I caught them opening up for HammerFall here in Gothenburg the following autumn and I've been a loyal fan ever since.

Fav song: Too many to mention really but here's five masterpieces; As Light Is Our Darkness/Beyond Salvation, When Darkness Falls, Different Worlds, Recreation Day and Closure

Other bands I like: Ayreon, Blind Guardian, Dark Tranquillity, Dio (or any other band he's sung in), Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Paradise Lost, Shadow Gallery, Tygers of Pan Tang, Whitesnake ... the list goes on and on.

Sup guys.

Name: Jade

Heard about Evergrey two years ago when my bf at the time got a hold of one of their albums and told me they had an awesome drummer so I was in. Liked most of what I heard and then watched the live DVD. Was really impressed by the musicianship and backup singers. I usually don't like clean vocals in metalbands. 2years later though I still can't listed to Every Tear without getting teary eyed. :D

Very briefly met Rikard after they played back home in Australia for long enough to hug him and babble something stupid about how awesome the gig was and how happy I was to finally get to see them. Even left the gig early to go meet them but got too shy to say anything to the others at the last minute even though they were all standing no more then 2meters away from me for about 5minutes haha. Ohwell maybe another day.

Fav songs: Mark of the Triangle has been my fav since I first heard it, and I'm really digging A touch a Blessing and Blinded atm.

Fav bands: Amon Amarth, Norther, Nevermore, Vader, Immortal, Dissection, Korpiklaani, Dark Tranquillity, Pantera, Rotting Christ, Switchblade, Lamb Of God and Dimmu Borgir

Tis me: At Tuska Open Air '07 in Finland.

well hello ppl :)

name: joel
live:haparanda/torneo sweden/finland :)

how i started to listen to evergrey... well my brother had some of their music on he's pc. i started to listen to it ofc :) i started to like their style etc.... a touch of blessing sooo got me to headbang :headbang:

anyways

DSC00083.jpg

oh and that pic was taken just before a sonata arctica gig =D
i got longer hair now :p

Hi there,

Name: Mike

I got into Evergrey after they supported James Labrie in London, then went out and bought everything I could by Evergrey and have seen them live everytime they've come to the UK since.

Hi...been posting here for a while...never introduced myself.

Mike, 41 from New York suburbia, USA

I'm an elder metalhead...there at its formation...always loved metal since the late 70's...back in the days of tape trading and searching for bands in the import sections of record stores, making your purchases based on the album covers and discovering new bands through Kerrang magazine.

I discovered Evergrey a few years back based on a recommendation from a friend. In Search of Truth has quickly entered my all time 20 favorite metal albums.

You can check out my Myspace if you have any interest....the link is in my sig.

Peace

I'm Scott, 23 years old from Ohio, USA. I discovered Evergrey when looking at the Progpower USA website a few years ago, when Recreation Day was relatively new. Can't wait for the new album. Here's a pic, you can probably figure out which one is me...
l_20b5872bde47e8eaba8db18542db5623.jpg

Name: Nemanja (If you are ever able to pronounce it corectly I'll bow to you :lol)
How i met EG: Firend of mine told ma that I have to hear 'one great band' (back in early 2004, but i got addicted somewhere in mid2005 when I got all their albums)
Fav. song: Way too much, but "A Touch of Blessing", "Solitude Within" and "Unforgivable Sin" let's say..
Other Bands i like: Children of Bodom, Nightwish, Kamelot, Symphony X, Blind Guardian, Ensiferum, Wintersun, Leverage, Epica, Sonata Arctica, Therion, Persuader, Savatage, Savage Circus, Circus Maximus, Manticora, Norther, Opeth, Rage, Korpiklaani, Eluveitie, Turisas, Moonsorrow, HammerFall, Royal Hunt, Sentenced, Sirenia, Tristania, Stratovarius, Threshold, and so on, and on....

I saw them live twice, in Belgrade 2007, and on Sziget festival in 2006. Third time soon. Btw I was one of the owners/admins of the Serbian Evergrey fan site/forum, but the site is closed few months ago.
Picture:
Retard.jpg

zedan-main.jpg

Name: Dan
How I met EG: got to listen to In Search Of Truth in order to review it…*kinda liked it :)
Fav song : Different Worlds, Solitude Within
Other Bands I like : Tons : Queen and Rush (all time fav), Enchant Children of Bodom, Ark, Symphony X, Pain Of Salvation, Marillion, Dimmu Burger, Circus Maximus, Andromeda, In Flames, Pantera, Dark Tranquillity, Porcupine Tree, Riverside, Regardless Of Me, A.C.T., Jetliner, Threshold, and so on, and on....