the official who-are-you-thread

Name: Umberto
How i met evergrey: Gods of Metal in Italy
Favorite Evergrey song(s): Mark of the Triangle, As i lie here bleeding, Nosferatu
Other bands: Manowar, Nightwish, Pantera, BLS, Lacuna Coil (vai Cristina!)...

umb_small.jpg

Name: Amir
First got into Evergrey: About 5 months ago a friend told me about this cool band that's coming to perform in Israel, I started to listen to them, liked them a lot, and then like 3 months ago in the gig itself I truly fell in love :)
Favorite songs: Well there are many and they're constantly changing, but right now the 2 favorites are The Masterplan and In The Wake Of The Weary, other favs are Obedience, Solitude Within, The Great Deciever, and on and on and on...
Other Bands: Some of them are: Symphony x, Dream Theater, Iced Earth, Pyramaze, Iron Maiden and more.

Hi there,

Name: Mike

I got into Evergrey after they supported James Labrie in London, then went out and bought everything I could by Evergrey and have seen them live everytime they've come to the UK since.

Just updating mine with a pic:

Meguitar.jpg

Been lurking in this forum for awhile but never posted here.
Name: Steve
First got into Evergrey about 2003 or 2004. Friend of mine introduced me to them with "The Great Deceiver" and I've been into them ever since. Saw them once live, but missed like half the set :( Trying to remember who they opened for.. I'm thinking Children of Bodom, but can't remember because as much as I'm into CoB I went mainly for Evergrey. :headbang:
Other Bands I'm into: Pretty diverse list. Bands from Pearl Jam to Unearth to Opeth to Porcupine Tree. Also been listening to Into Eternity and Between the Buried and Me alot lately.

Is that a giant guitar? are you quite small? or is it just a weird perspective?:lol:

Nice Jem!

Weird perspective plus I'm not that tall:lol: Oh and it's Steve Vai's Jem called Evo, that's Mr Vai the with that hat on in the background:worship:

Name: Peter
First heard Evergrey at Bloodstock 04
Favourite Songs: Your Darkest Hour, Watching The Skies, Harmless Wishes, End Of Your Days, Waking Up Blind
I will post tabs at some point for fellow Musicians, you can also find me on youtube playing Your Darkest Hour (Blue Ibanez RG Series) if anyone's interested

Name: Jeff
Favorite bands: Iron Maiden, Savatage, Edguy, Evergrey, Queensryche, Nocturnal Rites, Dungeon, Symphony X, many more
Got into Evergrey: Honestly, back in 2004 I was in a CD shop and the cover of Solitude Dominance Tragedy caught my eye. I listened to the album, loved what I heard, bought it, and the rest, as they say, is history.
Here's a promo photo from my band's last shoot:
l_db00c858fe2373df37b25db3c0c724d6.jpg

Name: Dino
How I met EG: Saw them live
Fav. song: There's so many!
Other Bands I like: Opeth, Amon Amarth, Emperor, Cynic, Gordian Knot, Porcupine Tree, just a bunch of bands sprinkled across a bunch of genres. Recently it has been some 70's prog like Emerson Lake and Palmer, Camel, and just recently got into Frank Zappa :loco:.

As you can probably tell I'm new here. I just really dig music in general, I'm enrolled in a music theory class, and I've been playing bass for five years. I wish I could post a pic but I don't have a camera or any photo's. Nice to meet you all!

Hey everybody! I've been on the UM boards for a while, but rarely came on the Evergrey forums. My name's Doug, and I've been an Evergrey fan for about 4 years now, I guess. I had read some good reviews about them, and from samples I heard I LOVED Tom's voice, so I took a chance and bought "In Search Of Truth" and was blown away by it!

I'm an old fart (42) but metal still runs through these old tired veins :p. Other bands I like include Opeth, Agalloch, Novembers Doom, Gojira, Enslaved, Klabautamann, Wolves In The Throne Room, Negura Bunget...

Greets form EG board newbie!

Name: Krister
How I met EG: Never met them... seen them couple of times live though :p
Fav. EG song: Pretty much all of them, hard to decide.
Other bands I like: Anything from pop-ish to brewtal death metal. Lately I've been listening a lot of 'Scar Symmetry', 'Prostest The Hero', 'Pyramaze', 'Dark Tranquillity', 'Diablo', 'The Absence', 'Soilwork', 'Kataklysm' and of course 'Evergrey'.

Evening all, been a member of UM for quite a while (as you can see) and have been an Evergrey fan for a while too. But for some reason I never posted on this board, don't really know why... Anyway.

Name: Josh
Age: 17 (don't let that deter you, I can assure you that I'm not immature in any way)
Fav. EG song: Probably 'The Masterplan', but it's pretty difficult to choose a definitive favourite really.
Other bands I like: Hmm, too many to fit onto this page really, I can confidently say that Blind Guardian are my all time favourite though, check my Last.FM for other bands http://www.last.fm/user/JoshSwabs

Well i guess i have to introduce myself, been posting here off and on :)

Name: Martin
How I met EG: I was in a recordstore in Gothenburg in 1998, saw The Dark Discovery on the shelf, and thought i might have a listen, been hooked since then :)
Fav. song: For every tear that falls and many more
Other Bands I like: Iron Maiden, Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquillity, W.A.S.P., Judas Priest, Keldian, Manowar, Kamelot, Dimmu Borgir and many more

Pic will come later when i have a camera :)