the official who-are-you-thread

Deadly

-________-
Jul 16, 2004
Ghent - Belgium
okay, i'm sure i'm not the only one who desires this board to be busier. So here's a thread where you can talk about who you are, how you met evergrey, what other bands you like and similar stuff.

this is the thread where all EG-fans can get to know eachother a bit better :)

PS: also pictures would be nice, because i think this is the only bandforum that hasn't got a post-pics-of-yourself-thread (or maybe it's way back somewhere)

anyhow, enjoy :):D

Name: Gonzalo
How i met EG: Miss Metal Evelyn
Fav. song: Masterplan
Other Bands i like: Iron Maiden, Symphony X, Circus Maximus, Stratovarius, DragonForce, etc.

Picture:

DSC00618.jpg

^^:lol: thanks gonzo
^yes, mario, thanks

err, since i didn't make one myself :lol::lol::

Name: Evelyn
How i met EG: through mtv (silly way, i know :p)
Fav song: Mark Of The Triangle
Other bands i like: Epica, Eluveitie, Equilibrium

and:
538717859.jpg

Name: Frane
How i met "them": By A Touch of Blessing video,and love is born...And so enjoying their live performance...Next year will be 3rd time...
Fav. song: Different Worlds
Other bands i like: Pain Of Salvation :worship:,Katatonia,Fear Factory,The Project Hate,Nevermore,Machine Head,My Dying Bride,Monstrosity,Enslaved,Cynic,Immolation,Kataklysm,KoRn,Lamb Of God,Artillery,Pain,Susperia,Vader,Communic...i could go like this all day...
:zombie:

evergrey23-19.jpg

Going home, to bus station,after EG concert :worship:
i are left :lol:

9.jpg

The beauty of Croatia... :)

main.php

After 4 days off no real washing,and no sleep... @ Brutal Assault

sry for placing more pictures... :oops:

Name: Scott
First Heard Evergrey when my dad bought Recreation Day but didnt totally love them until i saw them live at Bloodstock04
Other bands: Muse, Therion, Elend, Silverchair, Wintersun, Stormlord, Raison D'etre

1513101340_l.jpg

Name: Jerry
My Band: Archaic Cessation (www.myspace.com/archaiccessation)
Favorite Evergrey song(s): As I Lie Here Bleeding, Mark of the Triangle, Rulers of the Mind, A Touch of Blessing, I'm Sorry
How I Met Them: I drove 3 hours to Tuscon, AZ to see them with Inflames and Nevermore and they played and I met Tom and Mikael at the merchandise table and I met Jonas and Henrik while they were walking through the crowd. I only said a few words to Jonas and Henrik, but I talked to Mikael for about 30 minutes, very cool dude, sucks he isn't in the band anymore. I've seen them twice now, I can not wait for the third time.
Favorite Bands: Zero Hour, Evergrey, Megadeth, Shadows Fall, At The Gates, Death, Control Denied, Killswitch Engage, Lamb of God, Soilwork, Summer Dying, As I Lay Dying, Into Eternity, Testament, Opeth, KISS, Tesla, Dokken, Fates Warning, Nevermore, The Haunted, Darkane, King Diamond

Here is a link to the picture... My computer is being dumb (Im at work right now) -

http://www.purevolume.com/listeners/rustedangel/photos/732427

alright, Evelyn, I'll probably only make this post and just come back when I'm bored but what the hell, I'll introduce myself anyway:

Name: Mario
other bands I like: check my last fm in my sig
How I Met Evergrey: I didn't, I just listen to them occasionaly. Evelyn recommended them to me

thanks for all the replies already, sweetypies :D

@gonchi: yes... i was on a roll as it was :lol: i thought wintersun would break the almighty chain of e's

@ErasedCitizen: that's an awesome picture

Name: Alex
How i met EG: bought a bunch od cd's on ebay, among them "in search of truth" and i wasn't really convinced after the first time i played it. A few months later i played it again on my mp3 player and a i had myself a new favourite...
Fav. song: Different Worlds
Other Bands i like: Ayreon, Threshold... and lots more

I love Evergrey...I'm Rob from New York ( USA), Nice to meet all the EG fans here in the forum!:headbang:

Fav Evergrey songs: Watching the Skies, Mark of the Triangle, Still in the Water, End of your Days, I'm Sorry, Words mean nothing, More than ever, and soooo many more!

Other Bands: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Nevermore, Iced Earth, Sabbath, Opeth, Dream Theater, Kamelot, Ayreon..and so many more.

I never met Evergrey, I would like to someday...I met Judas Priest twice!

Name: Cem ( meaning: the king who found the wine in persian )

Age: 21 (zillion years old; if you count the age of my cells)

How I knew Evergrey?: There was a poll on web. They were asking whether we would prefer Evregrey or In Flames to see performing in Rock İstanbul summer fest (summer 2004). I thought : "F**k Evergrey, I want In Flames." I hadn't heard about EG until that time.:saint: But EG came to the fest. I saw'em on the stage. It was the best staging I have ever withnessed. . I rang my friend and asked him " Why didn't we hear about Evergrey before? We're the foolest people on the earth!!!"

Fav EG songs: All... (but more than all: When the river calls, blackened dawn, solitude within, where all good sleep, I should, when darkness falls, fragments, blinded, mark of the triangle, encounter, watching the skies)

Other bands:Black Sabbath, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Bathory, Megadeth,, Saxon, Cacophony, Burzum, Sentenced, Charon, Poisonblack, Thor's Hammer, Hate Forest, Mezarkabul

Picture: Avatar is enough I think. I don't wan't to offend your eyes with ugly pics...

I guess it's my turn.

Name: Steven

How I learned about Evergrey? Well, I first downloaded (shame) The Inner Circle and to be honest I wasn't too fond of it. I can't say how many months it was but I gave it another shot and thus began my addiction to Evergrey. I now own every CD, every single and the DVD.

Favorite Evergrey songs: The Essence of Conviction (duh :p), Rulers of the Mind, Your Darkest Hour, Solitude Within, I Should, When the River Calls

Other bands: Whew, this could be a long one so I'll make it short...Nevermore, Opeth, Edge of Sanity, Dark Tranquillity, Estatic Fear, Rapture, Quo Vadis...I have over 6,000 albums so it's really hard to pick all my favorites.

And of course...picture!

Steve2.jpg

Name: Marlies

Location: Heerlen, the Netherlands (but emigrating to Regina, Canada hopefully in some months!)

How I met EG: I know the music since Carl from the record shop in Vosselaar, Belgium (close to the Biebob venue) introduced "The Dark Discovery" to us back in 1999. He said he sold this a lot to Iced Earth fans (that we still were at that time). Not that I thought it was so similar, but we agreed that it rocked and have been hooked on this band since! :headbang: But, nobody knew them back then, I hardly found info on them and I tried to turn others to them, but it was so hard to describe their sound... then I saw the announcement they would play the first ProgPower edition here in Holland, so I knew I HAD to go!!! Nico had to work, but I went with a girlfriend. There was also a meeting beforehand in a bar nearby, and I was able to show my adoration to Tom :worship: and I was so disappointed that they brought a few copies of the upcoming new album (Solitude..) but weren't allowed to sell them yet, that Tom gave me one of the copies they brought :kickass: "You owe me" he said, which we made up to later on by doing merch on a few occasions :) That ProgPower night I had fun :kickass: with them all and became instant friends (esp. with Micke). Even though he was the junior at the time he was clearly the most sane one :lol: My hubby saw them first on their first European tour and we've seen them often since (and been to Gothenburg once to visit Micke).

Fav song: Nosferatu :headbang:, The Trilogy, Words Mean Nothing, The Shocking Truth, For Every Tear That Falls, State of Paralysis, The Masterplan, Ambassador, Rulers of the Mind, I'm Sorry, When The Walls Go Down, The Dark I Walk You Through, MMA

Other bands i like: Into Eternity :worship:, Brainstorm, Nevermore, Pain Of Salvation, Flotsam and Jetsam, Benedictum, bay area thrash like Testament, etc etc etc

oh and this is my most recent pic with Micke (already from 2004 at Wacken; I'm on the right)
woa04_114_0708m_micke_heather_marlies.jpg

Name: Ryan
My Band: Dark Seraphim
Favorite Evergrey song(s): Dark Waters, Blinded, As I Lie Here Bleeding
How I Met Them: Well, I first hear/saw of them while watching Headbangers ball right after Recreation Day came out. They played Blinded. Love at first sight *cheese*. How I really met them: I had e-mailed Tom about proposing to my g/f on stage during the show at Jaxx in Springfield. So I met up with them before the show by the bus.
Favorite Bands: Manowar, Running Wild, Dethklok, Turisas, Dragonforce, Pink Floyd, Blind Guardian, Children of Bodom, Wintersun, Rhapsody [of Fire], Devildriver, Gwar, Edguy, Rammstein, Type O Negative.

CELTIC FEST, FTW!
epicwin2.jpg

logue_evergrey_resize.jpg