Vetta users here ?

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Hey people,

obviously, a lot of people here use Pod XT or other Line 6 related products. Does anyone here use the Vetta (I or II) ? Just curious... I can't get very good DI sounds with it, and I'm much impressed with the Pod XT samples I hear around thought they should not be better, but at least equal...

Thanx,

Brett

P.S. : I'm using the 2.01 version but I'll try (if I dare, last time I updated I had to send the amp for fixing (lot of problems)...) to update to 2.03 tomorrow, though I guess this won't change a lot of things...

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
Hey people,

obviously, a lot of people here use Pod XT or other Line 6 related products. Does anyone here use the Vetta (I or II) ? Just curious... I can't get very good DI sounds with it, and I'm much impressed with the Pod XT samples I hear around thought they should not be better, but at least equal...

Thanx,

Brett

P.S. : I'm using the 2.01 version but I'll try (if I dare, last time I updated I had to send the amp for fixing (lot of problems)...) to update to 2.03 tomorrow, though I guess this won't change a lot of things...

I had a Vetta I for a very short time. I needed money so I sold it. It CAN sound good DI but, just like any line 6 modeler, it takes a TON of tweaking. I recorded a couple tracks with the Vetta and I really didn't like it at all to be honest (hence the sale). Later down the road, I picked up a PODxt pro and I really like it. Like I said though, you really got dick around with it for hours before you get anything usable in a mix with it. Playing by yourself is one thing, but making it blend is another story. I eventually got a tone out of it acceptable for what I was playing, and now I don't think I could sell it. It sounds better to me than the modded JCM I used to run (but I don't really like Marshall for what I play). What preset are you using? I posted a few settings in another thread that I thought sounded pretty good, maybe you can use it?

:err:

I'm using custom made presets (most of the factory presets sound like crap to me, at least the metal oriented ones...). Mostly combinations of Dual Rectifier and 5150 II with a Tube Screamer before the amps. I don't have it around so I can't tell precisely, but I tried to start from Loomies's settings for the Nevermore album posted by Andy, but I'm million of years away from this result. I will tweak it to death this week-end I think, but just wanted some feedback. I think this is the best amp ever, and I couldn't sell it, it sounds amazing with the cab, and I'm pretty sure some talented people could get great results from it DI too... I'm gonna check the settings you posted and try them too.
Thanks for your answer, I'll keep you informed ;-).

Brett

since we're on topic, what about the new floorboard POD XT live? anyone tested it? I'm much interested, due to its price, it's almost as expensive as a GT-6.. does it differ significantly -- if at all from the rackmounted POD XT Pro?

Thanks

...but I tried to start from Loomies's settings for the Nevermore album posted by Andy...

Brett

where can i find those settings??? I've been trying to get that tone(with a 57, not DI) on my Line 6 (Ax 212), i'm getting close....

By the way, i've tried to get a decent tone recording direct out of some line6 amps (Ax 212, FlextoneII & FlextoneIII) and in my opinion they sucked. The PodXt rules though

morningstar said:
since we're on topic, what about the new floorboard POD XT live? anyone tested it? I'm much interested, due to its price, it's almost as expensive as a GT-6.. does it differ significantly -- if at all from the rackmounted POD XT Pro?

Its basically a POD XT in a floorboard. I've heard its pretty much the same but a little bit more difficult to change the settings. I believe it comes with some of the model packs that they usually make you buy.

Coraje, you can find the settings here : http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141341&highlight=nevermore

I tried your settings Diobolic5150, it's very good, I had to tweak it a little to match the guitar tone to taste, but it was a good starting point, thanks a lot !!!

Brett

Right on Brett. That setting is just about as good as I can get it to sound for me (with the guitar I use).

Also, on the topic of the XT Live, I called Musician's Friend to see if there was any difference between that and the "kidney" or the rackmount... there is no difference at all, just that it's foot controlled. Now I have to have one.