Video games

Some old games I remember like Chrono Trigger also had great tunes.
I started playing that game for the third time a week ago :lol: The OST is definitely one of the highlights of the game

Terranigma, another rpg of that period, also had a great soundtrack, as well as the already mentioned Final Fantasy series.

Another great game with great soundtrack is Deus Ex for PC, probably my favourite game ever :)

wow...im not sure if you've noticed but the best (mostly the weirdest) episodes are the ones lynch directed himself. i paid extra attention to that detail.
and the series finale...wow, what an excellent, uncompromising ending it was.

^ Hehe I know. The best episodes are by far the ones he directed. Have watched the entire series a couple of times. Probably the best one I've seen. Have you seen any of his other movies?

...and how did David Lynch sneak his way into a video game thread? Awesome music in his films though. Angelo Badalamenti is teh shiet!

Good one!

Speaking of Lynch. His movie Lost Highway seem to have inspired the makers of Silent Hill 2, which has GREAT music.

The original Doom games have some sick music, so do plenty of other 90s classics like Heretic, Descent, Quake 2 etc

Ha, yeah I love ID's music, even though most of Doom just ripped off thrash metal bands. Oh, and speaking of video game music on a metal forum, anyone here listen to Powerglove?

Has anybody played the Timesplitters-series? Great music in those games.

I can't remember the music at all, but the games were very very fun. I have been thinking about getting one of them for a long time.

Oh, and whoever mentioned Shadow of The Colossus music, I agree! Very good atmosphere and orchestrations.

I like the Cod 4 and 5 Soundtrack, its all nicely done.

Cod 4 online multiplayer, theres a certain eeeriness because of the low strings heard throughout the game.

In addition to being my favorite game of the next gens so far... there's a nice feel to the subtle moodiness of the soundtrack... which is perfectly accented by me firing repeated rounds from my gold plated AK47... for cod4 that is

The new Prince of Persia has a great sound track

Not mentioned yet: Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate 2, System Shock 2. I'm not really into recent games but BioShock's OST is also very good.