Viking folk, death black metal

Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Thryfing, Amon Amarth, Enslaved, ... too many to name them all, they all rule!!
Viking/Troll/Folk metal is grrrreat! Wouldn't want to change it for anything else. But I like regular Black and Death a lot too, I'm not only focussed on the folk-thing (some people really are)

Hey Belgar!!!

Belgium is my homeland too!!!
Although I live in Sweden for the moment (already three months now, and one more month to go, and then I return to Belgium!)
Btw, I don't know how long you already are in US, but try out Axamenta, Oceans of Sadness and Ashmolean (if you don't know them already) to feel a bit of Belgian spirit again. DOn't know if you can find them over there, but there must be some ways to check them out.

Belgiantroll said:
Oceans of Sadness and Ashmolean (if you don't know them already) to feel a bit of Belgian spirit again. DOn't know if you can find them over there, but there must be some ways to check them out.

Hey there, alles goed? :) Yeah Ocean of Sadness is pretty good, i saw them last year in Antwerp with Dimmu Borgir. I don't know if you can find them here, I sure keep Ancient Rites, Enthroned & Aborted handy. Tot volgende keer.

If anyone would like to hear some cool folk metal bands check out:

Suidakra; started off as black metal, now a really good folk metal band, their last album was a concept album about Camelot and King Arthur :headbang:

Elvenking;Check out this band, getting quite popular underground in Britain, a really great mix, kind of folky power metal with some Growly vocals.

BattleLore;Finnish band, 7 members, Lord Of The Rings inspired Metal, kind of folky black metal, I suspect they could be big soon, good reviews for the new album.

Skyclad; really popular a few years ago, really clever lyrics and great songs.

Graveland; some of the newest albums have a kind of Warrior/Folk theme to them, started out as black metal, scary band.

Some of you have probably heard of these anyway but, oh well.