Viking/folk metal reccommendations

Sonnenritter

Jul 31, 2002
Appalachia
www.myspace.com
I'm looking for stuff similar to Falkenbach, Helheim, and Nagelfar. If you can help, thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention bands I already know about...

Enslaved, Graveland, Einherjer, Unleashed, Thyrfing, Otyg, Vintersorg, Isengard, In Extremo, Finntroll, and Gontyna Kry...

Originally posted by ilyc
OK, fair enough, I was just wondering because now, with the addition of Vintersorg, they certainly do look more like it.

I like 'em anyway :)
... neither was vintersorg imho, and even less nowadays :D :s :cry:
:cry:

Originally posted by Sonnenritter
I'm looking for stuff similar to Falkenbach, Helheim, and Nagelfar. If you can help, thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention bands I already know about...

Enslaved, Graveland, Einherjer, Unleashed, Thyrfing, Otyg, Vintersorg, Isengard, In Extremo, Finntroll, and Gontyna Kry...

Apart from the ones whom have been mentioned:

Odroerir
Arckanum
Graveland (one of the best!)
Menhir
Iuvenes
Sólstafir
Bergthron
Adorned Brood
Sear Bliss (killer Hungarian band - new album out on Red Stream)
Skyforger (you simply have to check them out! http://www.skyforger.lv/)
Tharaphita
Summoning (Tolkien theme - my favorite band)
Raventhrone
Mourning Ends
Nokturnal Mortum (Nechrist might be the best album ever recorded!)
Belenos

I could go on...

Edit: Forgot NEGURÃ BUNGET! One of the best!

Originally posted by opacity
hm... borknagar don't consider themselves as Viking Metal, if I remember right what they said on the forum...

I didn't mean for it to be viking metal only bands, just anything with a folk influence, whether it be norse, celtic, etc..

It's kind of odd how I can forget so many bands. I've heard/own albums by most of the bands mentioned. Oh, and when I went looking through my old MP3s, I came across Magog. Good swedish viking metal band. Check'em out.

Edit: Forgot to add the web-page!
Magog - Official Page
Magog - MP3s