Viking folk, death black metal

Yeah, it was quite infernal, since I turn into a sweaty pig everytime I step into damp, heatened up fucking airplanes and Tax Free liquor shops too for that matter. But the show was the greatest ever and hanging out with the guys, I didn't regret ANYTHING! AA live is like getting a tattoo-addictive as fuck! Thus, I'm thinking of ordering tickets for Summer Breeze so I can see them again! Sorry mate, doesn't seem like I got enough money for a US trip, but hey why don't you come to your homeland? It's closer and the beer is stronger hehe...

NP: Edge of Sanity-Nocturnal

Patric said:
Yeah, it was quite infernal, since I turn into a sweaty pig everytime I step into damp, heatened up fucking airplanes and Tax Free liquor shops too for that matter. But the show was the greatest ever and hanging out with the guys, I didn't regret ANYTHING! AA live is like getting a tattoo-addictive as fuck! Thus, I'm thinking of ordering tickets for Summer Breeze so I can see them again! Sorry mate, doesn't seem like I got enough money for a US trip, but hey why don't you come to your homeland? It's closer and the beer is stronger hehe...

NP: Edge of Sanity-Nocturnal

Heheheh, would love to visit Sverige sometimes soon, I will be going back to Europe end of augusti, för en månad. I keep my options open, if not this year maybe next year.

Squeak said:
@ Eisbar - Who is Riger? I do not know that band. What do they sound like (and don't just say viking lol)? Any website?

Riger is a German, lets say...um... "German heathen" metal band:)
Yeah, I know. Sounds weird:)
The sound... Almost no keyboards or synthies, a slight piece of Death Metal and Viking/Pagan stuff...hard to descripe. Just check it:)
Their older stuff is more Black Metal, I just want to warn you:)
URL? Try this: www.riger.org
I'm sure you won't understand anything unless you can't understand German:) If you still want to check them be sure to download the tracks from their new album "Des Blutes Stimme". Especially the track "Des Blutes Stimme" rocks. Fucking horny guitars:)

Primordial is in no way a "Viking metal" band but I really like their pre-Christian Irish lyrics such as "Sons of the Morrigan" etc. and these guys are just overall geniuses. I got all their albums, and about 4 nights a week I go to sleep listening to them.

Folklore said:
Oh... and then you have the perfect blend of celtic music and metal, such as primordial as mentioned before, skyclad, waylander and CRUACHAN. i really like these stuff.

True, I think Primordial are way better than those other guys though :Smug:

LunarTower said:
Depressing when the land your forefathers strode upon is an ocean away, only far when your not Rich... being an Anti-Conformist artsy Musician rebel type doesn't really help your wallet, sometimes I wish I could just make a Neo-Viking fleet of small combat ships modelled after the Dragon boats of lore and rape, Pilliage and conquer for a living... whos game? put some laser cannons on that shit and we'll rip the hell out of the larger, bulkier, slower and less highspeed combat ready Military fleets of the world... Brits vs. The Spanish armada style :tickled:

Hey bro Im down for a nice pillaging its been awhile but Ill go grab my battle axe and pagan brothers and well go and brutalize the christian whores...maybe some immolation aswell

\m/ \m/

Folklore said:
Another Good example is Latin american metal. Take Poya for instance, they blend latin rythm and drums with (what seems to be) NU metal (or whatever). this too sounds pretty natural thing to play for thier source.
Pardom me for correct you , but the band is Puya . I'm glad that you mention this awesome band . Puya is one the best Puerto Rican(or in general latin american) folk metal band.

And Sepultura , in Chaos A.D. & Roots they combine metal & brazilian tribal folk.

Belgar said:
All that I am missing are the ravens flying high, wolves howling and snow. But this is Florida, will have to do w/o the snow until i go back to Europe this winter.
Hope you can do without the wolves too, they ain't exactly common nowadays... :erk:

NP: Turbonegro » Fuck the World

gcele said:
Hope you can do without the wolves too, they ain't exactly common nowadays... :erk:

No unfortunatly not, and they wont be as long as idiotic governments decide to kill whole packs of them either :mad:

gcele said:

NP: Turbonegro » Fuck the World

So true, guess you had a bunch of vargen (notice how I am working on my svenska :Spin: ) until people started to shoot them. Here in Florida, it is the same. People build houses over by swamps and ponds, then when someone gets attacked by a gator (it happens quite a lot here) they either remove the gator to another location or just shoot it. I think it is wrong because they were there at the first place.